Feeding TMT

Froozy

Re: Feeding TMT

Post by Froozy »

Ella77 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:34 pm
Ella77 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:18 pm Hah. Ah :)). I took a look at their Instagram page, and there are tons of people asking how long their orders will take. They’re not being very good at engaging with people over that, but I expect they’re flat out.
I’ve had an email this afternoon saying that they’re utterly slammed with orders, and mine is scheduled for Wednesday 1st April. I’m just grateful they’re going to bring me anything, frankly. Assuming it might be another 10 days after that at least, I might order another one soon (?).
My mum’s did arrive yesterday and she’s really pleased with it.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Good stuff. Thank you again for the recommendation!
smalex

Post by smalex »

Well, I've been and come back. Had to queue for a while outside sainsburys (and it was so flipping cold) but actually think they're managing it pretty well. Restricted numbers in shop, everyone trying really hard to respect distances, aisles being closed for restocking. And it was pretty well stocked (I mean, not in terms of pre-CV obvs, but better than I'd seen it in ages). Butcher and greengrocer also doing 2 in shop at one time, they were also well stocked. Sainsburys had loads of loo roll. I had to sub a couple of things but only thing I couldn't get at all was frozen sweetcorn. Hopefully next week I won't need the butcher, I can just do one trip to supermarket.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

That all sounds much more positive than last week.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Yes, definitely felt less frantic. I was quite impressed by the organisation.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

My fishbox arrived and does not appear to be any the worse for wear, thankfully.

I wonder if the shops are better stocked now because more people have switched to online? Online doesn't seem to be getting any better so I'm wondering if the rate of purchasing is still the same but has just switched channels.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

My friend said our local Sainsbos was well stocked apart from the booze section which was completely empty.

Apparently our local Waitrose and M&S are well stocked now too.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I just assumed they were adapting to the new demand flows, restricting the numbers of items people can buy... and people are probably chilling out a bit and figuring out their stash of 57487589378593 loo rolls is enough for the duration. Maybe people are diversifying where they're buying too. It's probably a big mix.

Even alcohol was *relatively* ok, by recent standards anyway.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I saw in the Guardian they think it’s going to get a bit worse again soon, so I won’t relax yet.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

The online places I use that were still fine a week ago are all struggling now and here there aren't even many places to order takeaway type food either - loads were doing it to start with but most have closed now, due to sickness, inability to socially distance in a kitchen, or not being able to get ingredients. I was looking yesterday for something to order tonight (because our usual is closed) and on Deliveroo I got a stark "there are no restaurants in your area". Uber Eats was ok though (but much, much diminished), so I guess it's either a system problem or driver sickness.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Yes, several of the pubs who started doing takeaway stopped doing it again. One or two near us are still, I guess it depends on the facilities. It's a shame but obviously the right decisions for them.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

There was a right scrap on our local FB page when someone asked if there were any pizza places still delivering, and they got told that no-one ordered pizza during the war and they were being selfish to even consider it. :))
smalex

Post by smalex »

Mountain Goat wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:20 pm There was a right scrap on our local FB page when someone asked if there were any pizza places still delivering, and they got told that no-one ordered pizza during the war and they were being selfish to even consider it. :))
:lol: do some people not realise this isn't actually the second world war? Anyway, they had pubs in the war, so they had it easier :look:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I do think that we, as a nation if not as a world, have all gone quite mad (I include myself in this).
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Ella77 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:11 pm My cheese was delivered this evening. Thanks again for the recommendation, nince.
Ah good! What did you get? :weewee:

My veg box arrived last night and I may have to donate some to my neighbours and/or my godparents :lol: I will be doing a lot of batch cooking for the freezer this weekend.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Me too Goat.

I think fish and chips was one of the very few foods that wasn't rationed during the war - for morale's sake. Much like pizza would be now 😄
Luce

Post by Luce »

I agree. I'm desperate for us all to chill out (myself included) and I'm convinced that people sharing pictures of empty shelves has made the panic so much worse.
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

I had this from Ocado last night:

We have experienced such extraordinary levels of demand in recent days that despite our best efforts, we simply have not had enough capacity to serve all our customers.
To put it into context, practically every Ocado customer, no matter how infrequently they may have shopped previously, is now looking to place an order every week. At the same time, with families at home, the average size of orders has almost doubled. This means there is an unceasing level of demand several times our current delivery capacity.
We’ve already taken decisive steps to manage this demand, closing our doors to new customers, and limiting customers to one delivery slot every seven days. However, despite these measures, we can see that not all Smart Pass customers have been able to book a delivery.
As an Anytime Smart Pass member, we consider you to be one of our best customers, so we’ve set up a temporary priority queue to enable you to book a delivery slot each week.
How you will get access:
We have divided all paying Anytime Smart Pass members who joined before 2020 into a number of equal-sized, randomised groups. You will be placed in one of these groups.
At spaced intervals, we will give each group access to the priority queue, enabling them to quickly get in and choose a slot for their weekly delivery. We will do this by sending each group an email and text message between the hours of 9am and 5pm, starting tomorrow.
Once you get your email, you’ll have the rest of the day to place and check out your order. Please wait for your message, as you won’t be able to access the priority queue at other times.
Please be aware that there is still high demand for slots, and you may not see full availability for all time slots. But, because we can now prioritise the customers we let on to the website, and each customer can only have one slot, you can be confident that there are enough slots – and groceries – to go around.
Our developers continue to work on a better solution which will allow us to manage this in a simpler way but, for now, this fix at least helps us to prioritise you in the short-term. It makes access fair, and helps to keep traffic to our website at manageable levels, ensuring you the best possible shopping experience in the circumstances.
Please note: our usually all-knowing Customer Service team can’t set-up or change this temporary process, so they won’t be able to tell you which group you are in, or when you will get your email.
Thank you for your continued understanding and patience. We all understand the huge responsibility placed on us, and we are working tirelessly to help feed the nation at this challenging time.
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

Ignore me. I did get the email - it was hidden by Hotmail. Thanks for pointing that out.
Last edited by purple_dress on Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Was yours a Knock Knock one, nince? They look massive.

I ordered this cheese, which in hindsight was way too much , but I didn’t realise they basically cut it to order. She even added another mini cheddar (think it’s smoked) for free.

7F2A801A-9BBB-411A-B5C7-CD8D88B7CE15.jpeg

Not the most exciting selection, but I only wanted stuff I knew would be veggie. They had loads more.

I got that Ocado email too. I bet 90% of customers did :)).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.