Let's do 'Days' again

Duophonic

Re: Let's do 'Days' again

Post by Duophonic »

The questions thread has reminded me all over again about Ceammi. What a fucking drag she was and her poor suffering boyfriend although I don't think they lasted much beyond the big Edinburgh meet. The Edinburgh meet that at midnight the smoking ban was enforced and more importantly Poppy tried to match Tomato drink for drink and ended up paralytic, Tomato and a few others tried to get me to take her home (I was driving) and became peeved when I refused.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

ParisGal wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:44 pm As you say it's a long time ago so I can't be certain, but in my memory there was time for all the sex stuff plus the hospital stuff. Maybe I'm confusing two people who invented girlfriends?!
I don't know about the girlfriends, but Stewart was around for years - he didn't just appear to post about the sex stuff. If he was a construct it was a very slow burner. As I say, people met him, and he was across forums - TCL included, I think - and he was always the same right until the end.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I met him a few times at various meets and we’d exchanged phone numbers as I felt sorry for him. He always seemed to be a little slow. I do think someone was in the background egging him on to make up things.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Oh that has all come flooding back, thank you!
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

That thread has cracked me up. I'm not sure how I missed it the first time!
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

ParisGal wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:44 pm As you say it's a long time ago so I can't be certain, but in my memory there was time for all the sex stuff plus the hospital stuff. Maybe I'm confusing two people who invented girlfriends?!
Didn’t Space Cowboy invent a fiancée who was in (or moved to) the US?
Disco

Post by Disco »

He and that Mercurial said they were boyfriend and girlfriend at one point.
Luna

Post by Luna »

I think stews imaginary gf was called Kate. He posted a fake pic of a ring in a hand that was supposedly hers. I thought he was harmless too albeit the odd pm until the massive penis debacle came out.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Disco wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:30 pm He and that Mercurial said they were boyfriend and girlfriend at one point.
That might be what I was thinking of.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Luna wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:37 pm I think stews imaginary gf was called Kate. He posted a fake pic of a ring in a hand that was supposedly hers. I thought he was harmless too albeit the odd pm until the massive penis debacle came out.
Yes! Was it her who had a dramatic hospital stay?
Luna

Post by Luna »

Sounds familiar. God it was all so looooong ago :))
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Kate! Yes. Luckily, I didn’t have internet for the latter half of 2004 so I think I missed the big penis stuff.

Space! I do remember him and mercurial being an item then he posted a model worthy American girlfriend before disappearing. I’m sure he tried to hit on me at a London meet, he seemed to be using HB as his own personal dating site. (I wasn’t interested)
Disco

Post by Disco »

Mercurial was American, wasn't she. If she was real. And was a red headed model. If any of that was real and the photos.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Ah! I didn’t know that.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I met stewart - at the Steelgate meet I think - and he was definitely a bit slow and old enough that he probably wouldn't have had the extra educational support that someone with similar needs might receive today. I think it would be pretty easy for someone to manipulate him into inappropriateness.
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

I really want to know about the penis debacle. :beg:
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Yes, I never met him, but didn't get the impression that he was intellectually capable of maintaining any sort of 'fiction suit' for as long as the girlfriend situation went on. I also never found him remotely malicious or inappropriate. He was delighted to host gifs and it seemed to make him feel needed. When it all blew up and Black Cat was so horrible about him I was concerned for him, as he disappeared and never came back. It must have left a huge gap in his life, as he was online a lot.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Kleio wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:28 pm She was a big fan of poison pen letters and used to stalk her lovers and send them letters covered in her intimate aromas.
OMG, I'm agog! I'm sure this thread has moved on since this conversation, but I can't stop reading. :mog:
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
smalex

Post by smalex »

Kleio wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:23 pm
Turtle Bean wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:09 am I think part of Sev's weirdness came from having a dirty fucker as a husband. I don't think she actually wanted an open relationship and a lot of what she told us about her own lovers was made up. I also really hate the word lovers.
She’d ring me for 3+ hours every single day and talk about it in great depth.
I'm agog at this. Did you tolerate this? The idea of spending 3hrs on the phone with anyone makes me genuinely panicky
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

More often than not I’d stick it on speaker and just let her chat in the background with regular hmmmms and mmmmns. Unfortunately as her mental health dived the phone calls went up and I really wanted to help her. I wanted to make her see that this behaviour wasn’t ok and that she needed to see someone. It became too much and I realised it was affecting my well-being so I became quite firm and closed down conversations more effectively.

Unfortunately she had other friends (incl. another ex poster) who she said encouraged her and the calls started to dwindle as I stopped answering them when they did come.

It’s really sad as we were so close for years until things went downhill fast.