Anger, bile, tears and tea

nineseven

Re: Anger, bile, tears and tea

Post by nineseven »

It seems to be the Flynn investigation. The only newspaper report I can find is some tittle tattle in the New York Post (!). There are loads of hysterical twitter posts from people who are talking about it in veiled terms, ie they don't know what he's accused of but are delightedly jumping on the bandwagon and being vague and demented.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Nobody has any idea what he was on about.

Every reporter should have stood up and asked the same question of him. It can surely only be a matter of time before this has to happen.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

He'd just flounce off again.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Yep, but the more it happens..
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Topcat wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:39 am Every reporter should have stood up and asked the same question of him. It can surely only be a matter of time before this has to happen.
They have and he just replies, YOU KNOW WHAT THE CRIME IS.

He's unraveling quickly now, probably because he's a known germaphobe and COVID-19 is now in the White House.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Good for them, I suppose you don't see that on TV.

I really, really hope he does unravel properly before your elections.
rosy

Post by rosy »

nineseven wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:34 am It seems to be the Flynn investigation. The only newspaper report I can find is some tittle tattle in the New York Post (!). There are loads of hysterical twitter posts from people who are talking about it in veiled terms, ie they don't know what he's accused of but are delightedly jumping on the bandwagon and being vague and demented.
I dipped my toe into some trumpiblican waters on Quora and it seems that there was a meeting on January 5th 2017 (so after the election but before the inauguration, and they (Obama and his advisors) discussed Flynn. So it must be that Flynn was set up and Russia and Hunter Biden and Ukraine and... and anyway Trump’s investigators went to Hawaii and you won’t believe what they found :birthernonsense:

Obviously the fact that Flynn pleaded guilty to lying under oath isn’t important to their narrative. It’s just Obama Derangement Syndrome because Trump has never forgiven Obama for the White House roast, or for being more popular than he’ll ever be.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Forrest Trump just got censored on Twitter. :mog:
rosy

Post by rosy »

And again! Despite the order he signed yesterday, Twitter put a violence warning on one of his tweets which means it can’t be liked or retweeted :lol: I bet his blood pressure is through the roof right now.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

The footage and stories from Portland are horrific.

It was bugging me what the masked, camo'd federal forces going full on dictatorship reminded me of and it finally came to me. The fucking Stand. "we don't have to put up with you pinko lefties any more...."
rosy

Post by rosy »

It’s just awful. I hope that the voters do the right thing in November, and Biden can start returning the country to some semblance of normality.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

If the US were another country that just happened to have oil, but behaved like the current US, then the US would have 'liberated' it by now.
rosy

Post by rosy »

The ACLU have obtained a restraining order against the DHS in Portland: https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/aclu-w ... O5sa4.link

It’s not just happening in Portland, though.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Apparently these are border force agents being used, who are allowed to operate within 100 miles of any sea or land border. Which when you work it out, actually covers a huge amount of the US. It's why they're in the camouflage uniform.
rosy

Post by rosy »

This is Democratic Rep Ocasio-Cortez responding to being called a “fucking bitch” by Republican Rep Yoho. It’s 10 minutes long but worth a listen for her challenge to men who think it’s acceptable to use that kind of language towards women.

https://youtu.be/LI4ueUtkRQ0
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I have a full on girlcrush on her. She’s brilliant.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

rosy wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:31 pm It’s just awful. I hope that the voters do the right thing in November, and Biden can start returning the country to some semblance of normality.
The voters usually do the right thing and did in 2016. :sad: I hope the Russians are not able to interfere this time. I'm extremely concerned that the Russian bounty program isn't receiving a lot of air time.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

A pretty terrifying read about the border patrol troops.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... and-bortac
rosy

Post by rosy »

Trump seems to be even more deranged than usual; calling for the election to be delayed and promoting a doctor who thinks that gynae problems are caused by demon sperm, which one gets by dreaming of having sex with demons.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... rm-twitter
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

I haven’t watched it but it sounds like the debate last night was a shit show, with neither candidate covering themselves in glory.