The Good Life (gardening chat)

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Re: The Good Life (gardening chat)

Post by baargain »

I planted out 8 sunflowers, we put one on the side of the road to cheer up any bored villagers :))

I've also planted out my courgettes, tromboncinos and a selection of beans. I've moved the tomatoes in to their final big pots, and shuffled the chillies into medium pots.

I'm doing so much weeding, it all looks really good.
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

Some of my favourite childhood memories are helping mumbaa with gardening.
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

My white wisteria is out! Still waiting for the purple one, that's usually a few weeks behind. It's very fragrant, but unfortunately I don't like the smell :lol:
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

That's lovely! My purple one is out.
IMG_20200509_115956.jpg
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Lovely!

I’ve planted out 15 sunflowers! :))
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

Oh well done, cerise! I planted out 9, one is out on the road to entertain people walking the loop of the village.
smalex

Post by smalex »

The Wysteria is gorgeous. Monty Don says he doesn't care for the smell do you're in good company mayday. I've always thought it was a lovely smell!

I wanted to plant some things out but it's meant to be 2 degrees overnight so I'm holding off until next weekend
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

My wisteria is nearly over! Probably because it's a southfacing garden? It's been amazing this year. I love the smell but I have that and a very violently scented jasmine quite close to each other and it's a bit like sitting in a perfume shop in my tiny garden - a bit overpowering. :lol: Honeysuckle's kicking off now - there are three of them that take it in turn. Darnell loves a scented flower and sits under whichever smells the most, and then comes indoors and sits under a vase of stocks. :love2:
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

I'm two weeks behind Southampton, garden wise, so that would make sense I think? That's where mumbaa lives, it's a handy reminder for when I need to do stuff :))
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

Darnell is a classy cat.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

How thoughtful of your mum. :))
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

baargain wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 5:01 pm Oh well done, cerise! I planted out 9, one is out on the road to entertain people walking the loop of the village.
The sunflowers are all your fault because you mentioned them being in different colours and I got all excited!
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

Ah, I am glad :))
Pawpads

Post by Pawpads »

I've only managed to plant 3 sunflowers this year. I've given all of my other seedlings away to people who looked like they needed cheering up.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

How are people's farmer gracy bulbs doing? My Ranunculus ones have dissolved into mush. :cry:

Nothing was happening at all so I tipped out one of the pots and what was left of the bulb was just goo.

The Dahlias and geranium have done well. Nothing from the tuberose or foliage ones yet so I'm really hoping they aren't mush too.

This is the survivors:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

Oh. My ranculus are doing really well and the gladiolus are also all shooting up very fast but I've had nothing from the dahlias but I fear I planted them upside down :mog: so they may take a bit longer. And I've had a few begonias starting but they are tiny.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I won't lie, part of the reason I shook out the first ranunculus pot was because I was sure I'd planted them upside down.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I won't lie, part of the reason I shook out the first ranunculus pot was because I was sure I'd planted them upside down.
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

Well I've now watched 3 videos on how to plant dahlias and I'm so confused as to what I've done that I have no idea any more. I might dig into one of them later and check.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I'm no help. I must have done mine right since they're up but I couldn't tell you what way that is. :lol: