Facebook companies

Lily
Picker-Lily

Facebook companies

Post by Lily »

There are loads of companies advertising on Facebook, some of which I have tried over the last couple of years. Some are appalling and some are great. Share your experiences here!

Heist Tights
Very happy with them - would recommend. Good customer service too.

Snag Tights
Cheaper than Heist and in more interesting colours. However, every bloody pair I have makes an embarrassing squeak where my thighs rub together. :mad:

Born Nouli
I tried some yoga leggings from them. They were fine but I decided I like my yoga stuff to be looser and softer. I did find the leggings a bit tight in the crotch :flirt: although I'd taken the size they recommended.

Boody
Wonderfully soft brilliant amazing lovely fabulous comfy clothes. I have got some loungewear, pants and pyjamas.

Raipanu
Fair trade organic cotton T-shirts and stuff. Good quality.

Alice's Pig
I really wanted to like their stuff but it's all a bit small and twee and boho.

Piglet in Bed
I treated myself to a sheet :heybigspender: as they have an offer on. It is so delicious to sleep on and the whole parcel is a real treat. But yes, it has to be one heck of a treat!

Smol
Their stuff did work but I only have a small dishwasher and you can't cut their tablets in half. I would recommend though.

Modibodi
The best period pants I have tried. Really good.

Tulip Panties
Cheap and nasty.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Arrietty

Re: Facebook companies

Post by Arrietty »

I have used Rapanui and found them to be excellent. And I use Smol for washing machine capsules and again I am very happy with them.

I am intrigued by Piglet in a Bed though, tell me more!
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Most of those read like really bad fetish sites.:lol:
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

I use Smol's laundry capsules and am very happy with them (I sound like a 50s housewife!)
Tits McGee
Topaz Titanium

Post by Tits McGee »

Topcat wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:39 pm Most of those read like really bad fetish sites.:lol:
:lol:

I keep meaning to try Snag tights. I love the colours. :love2: The squeak doesn’t sound ideal, but I’m guessing it’s one of those things that isn’t especially noticeable to other people. Unless they’re very near your crotch. :mrgreen:
I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster
happyhighlandcoo

Post by happyhighlandcoo »

I haven't heard of lots of these, it is funny how they target people differently.

I can't remember any and rarely try them but I did try FFS (Friction Free Shaving) which was a subscription to razor blades and shaving gel. I cancelled because their boxes were too wide to fit through a standard letterbox (by about 1cm... A big tiny error on their part) so I had to go to collect it every month which kind of defeated the point of a letterbox subscription and it left me with loads of very very itchy stubble rather than being a smooth shave.

I struggle with trust for lots of these companies because the reviews are always overwhelmingly positive and they seem to have some control over posts and remove any negative feedback which I find really dishonest and misleading.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I also wouldn’t buy anything advertised on Facebook.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

The positive Trevor thing was why I thought a thread might be useful in case someone was thinking of buying from one but wasn't sure. There's a lot of mainstream companies who advertise on there too; there's a lot of dross but there are some real gems, small independent companies I'm really glad I've stumbled across.

I forgot to mention

Turtle Doves
They do stuff in recycled cashmere and I've bought so many as gifts (and err some for myself). They're the first company I bought from who I saw advertised on there.

Sosander
I think a few of us have tried them out? I didn't find any of their stuff flattering or particularly nice and it was very expensive.

H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I have bought Turtle Doves too, Lily! I’ve worn the purple mittens I bought to death and they’re now really shredded all along the part between the thumb and index finger. I unpicked the seams last month to try and trim the damaged part and re-sew them up again, but haven’t got round to it yet. I also used them as a template to make various pairs myself which I gave away as gifts a year or so ago.

I then got scammed by a Chinese FB company over a smart watch a couple of years ago - they advertised a really nice Michael Kors one but what arrived was a shitty mass-market piece of trash worth about £2. I managed to get a refund via my credit card, but it’s put me off trying anything since, so personal recommendations are very useful.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I bought a solar buddy roll on suncream dispenser (you fill it yourself). It was a good idea but the rubber/foam bit pings off regularly.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

That's the kind of thing I'm thinking about: it sounds good, but in reality it's not that great!

I wear my Turtle Doves even when it's not cold because they're comforting. :l:

Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Snag tights are amazing. I have some yellow ones and some red ones too. I've decided to lean into the slightly-mad-fat-public-sector-worker aesthetic.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Do yours squeak?

Dáire

Post by Dáire »

Rapanui are mainstream, I reckon, they're sold at a number of other outlets.

I just get hilarious Wish ads.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Lily wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:01 pmDo yours squeak?
No. :lol: They're the best tights in the world.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Maybe I have squeaky thighs.

Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I have tried Myrtle & Soap. Their packages were very pretty but I find the body lotion I bought didn't moisturise particularly well.

Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Lovato candles took their time sending me an order, but their stuff is reasonably priced and smells great!

Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Smol seem to be good, I've been using them for ages now.

Splosh isn't so great. I think it's expensive for what you're getting, really.
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

I've tried Heist but they cut me in half and roll down like every other tights I've ever worn. Snag never have the size/colour combination I want in stock when I look.