Lockdown (And Beyond) Hatchlings

Luce

Re: Lockdown Hatchlings

Post by Luce »

I did this on the wrong thread but we've finally had an email from the academy trust thingy about opening up on the 8th June so a week later than the other schools in the area. No details for another week about what that will look like though.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

A’s school sent out a letter today saying they wouldn’t open till June 8, not that A is in any of the years affected.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

The independent SAGE group have relased a document outlining their thoughts.

The headlines appear to be that 1st June is too soon to open schools, and that even delaying by a few weeks can halve any risks.

I've got the document but it's a pdf so can't upload it, happy to email it to anyone if they want it.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

The chaps' old primary school has had to close completely as there was a confirmed case from one of the keyworkers' children. They're now having to close to test all the staff and disinfect the whole building.
Luce

Post by Luce »

I'm guessing my school is saying the 8th and will then do it really slowly after that. I feel a bit relieved at the delay, despite how much my two are starting to struggle with it all.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Ours have just said 2nd for reception, 8th for Yr 6.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Just had the email. Keyworker/ vulnerable only from the 1st June. Year 1 bubbles of 15 from the 15th. No mention of Early Years or Year 6. They haven't even set out detailed plans, just repeated the government guidance they will have to implement and cited the independent SAGE report.
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

We've just heard that S's school is opening from 4th June for key workers and vulnerable children. They think this will be 30% of the total. Once that's up and running (safely?) they'll add Y6, then Y1 and then R and pre-school. They've already said they don't think the EYS provision will be available until September :cry:.

I'm conflicted about using a key worker slot as I'm only doing 2 shifts a week at most, and one of them is always a Sunday. And anyway I don't know if I feel comfortable with him going back (ex-private sector, now NHS for the spreadsheet) but I'm not sure my mental health will stand him not going back :fish:
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Where have the keyworker children been going up until now, Froozy?
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

Some have been going to school but I think this is a move towards most of the school going back.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

It's still fairly woolly over here, but provision for keyworker children during full lockdown was regrouped so only a handful of schools were open at all. I'm not sure how it worked as it must be fairly normal for both parents to be in similar jobs.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I hope yesterday’s Zoom call went well for TD.

The Y1 teacher has confirmed they’re still setting work after half term, in 2 week blocks to match the rotation of those going in. I have no idea how many or who is going back, the school haven’t said and I’m not in any Y1 chat groups.

The girls’ body clock is all over the shop. The lighter nights have re-introduced the “I can’t get to sleep” evening interruptions. :ruby:
smalex

Post by smalex »

Yes, same. Ws body clock has definitely shifted, between the lack of routine and the light evenings. We'll definitely have to try and shift it back when he does go back.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Yes, D is all wonky too. He was still awake at half nine last night. They’re just not able to tire themselves out enough.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I had to go up at 9.30 too. Apparently the hamster wheel needed to be adjusted :ella:.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

:lol:

That’s what I keep saying Cerise. It’s why I’m dragging them out now to see if we can get on the outdoor tennis court before others have the same idea.

I went in at half ten (though there was a Tooth Fairy stake out happening rather than general not-tiredness) and they still appeared downstairs this morning approx. 5 minutes after I put a play on to watch. :ruby:
smalex

Post by smalex »

We do exercise every day, try and keep to a routine, do as much school work as we can manage but usually there's 30hrs of school, football club, cubs, swimming lessons just as standard, before any social stuff. Its impossible to replicate.
Luce

Post by Luce »

This is it, I just can't replicate their normal energy/activity. Which is fine for a couple of weeks. But 10 weeks is now taking its toll.

Despite constantly riding his bike, walks round the neighborhood, climbing up and down things in the carpark etc, Theo is really struggling with his sleep. He's been getting properly anxious about it which is new to all of us - I had no idea he had a propensity to be anxious before all this.
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

My little girl has gone back to school this morning. :fc:
smalex

Post by smalex »

Ah Zoom! I hope she gets on ok, and you both feel ok with it.