Saturday is here

H1ppychick

Re: Saturday is here

Post by H1ppychick »

Sorry about your son’s wedding brambs. It’s good that they don’t seem too despondent about the delay.

I am sitting watching grey clouds and wind outside, and feeling glad of my cosy home. I’ve got a daal cooking on the hob to use up old spinach, and I’m going to do my nails at some point, with a new varnish brand I’ve not tried before.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

We were supposed to be flying to Turkey today with the in laws.
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

Wild and windy here too, no rain yet but it is forecast.

I took yesterday off work and did most of my housework so I have 3 days to do whatever I want. I have no plans other than a workout and a dog walk .

That’s a shame Bramble, I hope they are doing something nice to commiserate. One of my workmates should be getting married next month and the venue have offered them a room there on the day they should have been getting married for free. Nice gesture.
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

Sorry for your lack of holiday Is. We should be going to Florida next month but even if I was happy to fly, the US is the last place I’d want to visit right now.
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

The market was quite civilised! All ordered with one way systems and queuing and disinfectant etc. The butcher and anti plastic shop were open too :love:
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

That sucks, Is and Tracy. I'm sorry.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Aw bramble. That’s rotten.

Very windy here too. I was also thinking about drying stuff on the line but I’m not sure I can be arsed as I’d have to set the clothesline up :lazy:

So far I’ve made lasagne and have some cakes in the oven. I was enjoying pottering round the kitchen but It’s now been invaded so I’ve retreated to the lounge for some peace. Mr C is exam marking so the house is a joyful place today :perky:
rosy

Post by rosy »

I’m sorry, Bramble. I hope you have a lovely day today notwithstanding.

My eldest has officially postponed his wedding too but goodness knows when it will be safe to visit the USA so it may be that I end up not being able to attend the new date.

And I’m sorry for missed holidays. It’s all so unfair.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

Afternoon. I’m sorry for all the wedding and holiday woes. My current woe is that my back went pop when I was making coffee first thing, and now I am stuck on my bed of pain unable to do anything and reliant on my family for food and drink. It is not going well...
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve channelled my rage at the news and my husband into ironing this afternoon. Our bloody WiFi keeps being a dick so I can’t watch more Dynasty so there’s extra fury.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Sorry for missed weddings and holidays.

I have spent AGES this afternoon building a fancy gaming chair for Joe. It reclines, which is apparently a must.

I've just ordered fish and chips as a reward :))
smalex

Post by smalex »

A fitting reward!

I've been outside all day and feel thoroughly wind pummeled. Once again I've mainly dug things. I feel like I've excavated the whole of Bristol by this point. Anyway. I'm drinking a cocktail, eating crisps and watching Jurassic park 3.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

I thought it was an office chair when I saw the photo on Facebook, Smunder!