What time do you eat your evening meal?

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Re: What time do you eat your evening meal?

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

emma_p wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:55 pm
What I want to know is if people eat with their kids/ if they eat the same meal as their kids.
We try to eat together at least once at weekends. We don’t often in the week. The kids eat more of a kids menu at a nasty pub chain diet, due to fussiness.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

We usually aim to have our dinner or tea finished by 6:30, as the children’s bedtime is 7 - 7:30.
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

We eat anywhere between 7 and 8.30, generally, and call it dinner. I’m a quick cook, so if I’m cooking it tends to be the early side of that, and if J is cooking it seems to take foreeeeeevvvver to make (eg) a simple pasta, so we’re lucky to eat this side of 8pm :lg:
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

Due to different things when work finishes, I end up eating at 8pm or later but I'd rather it was earlier. We always eat together and we both call it tea.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Little My

Post by Little My »

My kids are always getting me into trouble for calling lunch dinner. They pick me up on it every_single_time.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I have dinner usually between 6:30 and 7, out of habit as that’s the time that used to fit with pre-lockdown choir and other commitments. Any earlier and I get hungry again before bed.

Lunch is about 12:30. Tea is either the drink or posh sandwiches and cakes, mid-afternoon for a celebration of some kind.
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

emma_p wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:55 pm We eat around 7-7.30, sometimes closer to 8 at the moment.

What I want to know is if people eat with their kids/ if they eat the same meal as their kids.
We always eat together and it's usually the same food but maybe different sides for the kids.
Skips

Post by Skips »

J and I eat together, usually some time between 7 and 8ish. Lucy has her dinner once we've finished but she sits under the table.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Dinner, between 6.30 and 7. It gets later in summer, especially if it's hot. Or on holiday.

For restaurants it's more like 7.30-8.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Restaurants for me 7 to 7:30 arrival which means food about 8. At home alone I eat between 7 and 8. With OH we eat early - 6:30 ish - as he goes to bed 8:30.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

We eat around 7.30-8pm. The kids eat a different meal at 5pm.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

1930-2000. If I have to eat later than that I start getting evil.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

It’s tea or dinner depending what it is and is usually served up between 5-7.

I always eat with the kids (in the before times not on a Wednesday).

Sometimes we eat the same things, sometimes I make 4 different meals. There’s often at least one item we all eat though.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

These conversations always make me think of Sudser, putting on a roast at 10pm.

It's dinner here and if I eat with Beebie we start to eat at 5.30-6pm. When we eat together we have the same food probably half the time, the rest I aim for similar eg he has chilli and I have curry but we both have rice. If we don't eat together I eat about 8 when he is in bed, but often by then can't be bothered and have toast and cereal or a salad or roll and crisps. I'd like to eat with him more for the social aspect but as I have breakfast around 10 and lunch maybe 2pm I'm not really ready for a big meal so early.
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

We used to eat after S was in bed but it was often 8.30/9 by the time it was cooked which felt quite late. For the last few months we’ve been eating at about the same time, 5.30-7ish, although S has pub menu food (Pip :dotty:) and we eat something else.

I have lunch and supper, D has lunch and whatever it is if you’re Welsh (I can’t remember if it’s tea or dinner) and I’ve taken to calling Sam’s teasupperdinner to cover all the bases.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I have supper if it's light and dinner if it's a bit more full-on. Which is just absurd, really.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Luce

Post by Luce »

Dinner and usually approx 8pm, sometimes later, sometimes earlier. Never eat with the kids during the week, they eat about 5ish and I can't eat that early.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

During lockdown the kids eat between 5:30-6:30 depending what we’re doing, and I try and eat the same thing/together about half the week. Last night it was pizza, this evening chicken curry. I like eating together and also having a free evening after they’ve gone to bed, and I just generally prefer having dinner earlier.

However the children mostly don’t like the same food as us :verm: so we can’t do this every night.

As they’re going to bed so late, if we don’t eat with them then it’s 8:30-9pm for adult dinner which is too late for me really.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Dinner is about 6 - 6.30, as TD goes to bed at 7.30. We always eat with the children and we all eat the same; even if I'm cooking meat I try to make a veggie version of the same thing for P. Occasionally he will have something from the freezer is what I'm making is too much of a faff to do two different versions.

Before children/when they were little I would eat closer to 8, as an early dinner means I am likely to snack all evening.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

The absolute best thing about lockdown is us all eating together about 6-6:30. I don’t like to eat much later than that. On the whole, it’s the same meal. No three different dinner evenings here at the moment! Phew!