Covid-19

Topcat

Re: Corona Virus

Post by Topcat »

Chicky

Post by Chicky »

kiwi wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:08 pm Piers Morgan :spit: is tweeting that the sister lives in London, not even Didcot. (RIP Didcot Power Station :cry: )
I think his wife’s sister lives in London. The woods he was spotted in are about a mile from my house :eek:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

If only you’d known at the time!
smalex

Post by smalex »

Ouch. Entirely right though
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

His wife’s brother lives in London according to Twitter.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Seems like he had plenty of people around who could have taken the child if absolutely necessary. But unless he and his wife were both ill to the extreme at the same time then there is just no excuse.
smalex

Post by smalex »

If they were so ill they couldn't possibly provide basic care for their child then they were indisputably too ill to drive hundreds of miles.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Of course it's all obviously bullshit, but then Vote Leave blatantly lied and broke the law, he's never stopped lying about anything since and there's never been any consequences - only reward. Why would he care how full of holes his story is now? He seems to control the twitter feed of every cabinet minister.

A few gammons waking up to how much of a wankstain their manipulator is feels like a hollow victory right now.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I love that the press kept the second visit back. Brilliantly played.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

emma_p wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:50 pm I love that the press kept the second visit back. Brilliantly played.
Yes, that I like.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

I love that too. Although I read something about being wary of witnesses that come out of the woodwork as they are often plants and the accused will have irrefutable evidence that can prove they weren’t there and thus discredit the story. But there is plenty of other evidence for the Barnard Castle visit at least.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Cummings is like sodding Rasputin.

I had to punch people out of the way at the fish & chips shop last night - they were standing outside waiting for their orders, but all right next to each other. I guess social distancing is out of vogue.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Dáire

Post by Dáire »

People have been able to find tweets from April and early May, that just sat there unseen, where people were asking why Cummings had just been seen wandering about their area. They're going viral now. Looks like at least locally this has been chattered about for a while.

About an hour ago Pippa Crerar responded to Dowden's petulant "End of story" comment with "I'm not sure it is, though. Is it?", so here's hoping there's a dramatic finale tomorrow.
Roma

Post by Roma »

Surely if the government wants to keep any credibility Cummings has to go now? Allowing him to stay doesn’t only show double standards but also that Johnson is a weak leader.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Another aspect to this is that the rest of us were warned about travelling in case we broke down and needed assistance, and because we would potentially put extra strain on the NHS in the travelled-to area. Ok, neither of those things happened to Cummings, but both could have done.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Exactly morgs- whichever angle you look at this from, it is wholly unjustified. It was not allowable within the rules as presented to us at the time and which have been incredibly well adhered to, accepted with stoicism and good humour, at great emotional and physical cost to us all, and to pretend any single element of this was ok, let alone the whole scenario put together, is gaslightjng s nation. I think that's what offends me most. Its pretty infuriating that he did it in the first place, but to pretend it was ok all along rather than the go with the 'sorry, bad judgement, made a mistake ' line*? Fuck. Off.

*he still should've resigned, but y'know.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Dáire wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:46 pm About an hour ago Pippa Crerar responded to Dowden's petulant "End of story" comment with "I'm not sure it is, though. Is it?", so here's hoping there's a dramatic finale tomorrow.
J.K Rowling posted this brilliant response on Twitter
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I almost feel sorry for Grant Schapps going out defending Cummings on Marr again but he is absolutely fucking shameless!
Disco

Post by Disco »

I don't feel sorry for him at all. Lying cnut.
happyhighlandcoo

Post by happyhighlandcoo »

He must still be controlling the show telling them what they have to say about this. He must have some serious dirt. I just keep thinking about Malcolm Tucker and his horrible bullying ways and this must be it x1000.

I hope it really undermines all support in the whole government. Labour have a new, credible leader, the Tory party have been completely shit in their management of the virus and now this. It is dreadful now but might lead to political change.