IWLTS in 2020...

Lily
Picker-Lily

Re: IWLTS in 2020...

Post by Lily »

Witchcraft! :lol: I would have taken that lady on principle.

Wendy, that bloke is great. Please give him a job, if for no other reason than to fill up this thread with endless gems.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

iwlts: Fucking rain, would ya?

I've postponed a bbq we were meant to be having this evening because the weather was a bit shite. But now it's improved a lot, but I really don't feel like hosting anymore.

I might go outside and do a rain dance. :))
smalex

Post by smalex »

Did it rain? It really annoys me when you have to cancel for weather and then it turns out ok.

IWLTS stop buying fucking horses! In 3 months you'll flog it because it's too much money and time.

I've known this woman 4ish years and this must be her 3rd or 4th horse.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

smalex wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:03 pm Did it rain? It really annoys me when you have to cancel for weather and then it turns out ok.
Except that sometimes cancelling is quite nice, especially if you're the host and it leaves you with a nice tidy house and lots of food :look:

I really really want to say fuck off adulthood. This year has been full of shitty things with financial sorry and seeing my son's family breakdown and now coronavirus, and now it has taken a nosedive with some health news about someone who is very dear to me (cancer - of course it's fucking cancer, and even best case scenario the treatment will be life changing). I miss being 15 years younger and without a care in the world.
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

I'm sorry, Heebie, that all sounds rather shit. You poor sausage. I hope your friend/relative can be treated quickly.

It rained just enough to justify canceling, and then we had it yesterday instead and it was lovely, so all good.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I’m so sorry, Heebie.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

That sounds hard, Heebie.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

I'm so sorry, Heebie.
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

I'm really sorry, Heebie. This year really can do one.
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

Sorry Heebiw, and yes, I completely agree with the sentiment. :lg:
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Thanks all. This one feels quite unreal but it will sink in. It has prompted me again to think of another friend I should really get in touch with but I'm almost too nervous at the moment as she is in her 80s and I feel like a bit of a jinx at the moment.

ETA sorry it's a bit vaguebooky, It's not a family member - unrelated to the recent posts about my dad who seems fine.
rosy

Post by rosy »

I’m sorry, Heebie. It must feel relentless at the moment.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I'm sorry Heebie.

I know it's easy to say, but you're not a jinx. If you were, everyone around you would no longer be around already.

Get in touch with your friend; you won't regret it.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
indigo

Post by indigo »

Heebie :hug:
Tits McGee
Topaz Titanium

Post by Tits McGee »

I’m sorry Heebie. :sad:
I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

IWLTS : I see you're simulcasting the minutiae of your life across multiple platforms again.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I have one of those, Ruby. Irritating twat (them, not you obvs :)) )
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

:)) I mean I know people post the same thing on Insta and Facebook, that doesn't bother me at all and I will look at any and all photos people post. But I don't need to see the same sandwich/selfie/walk - with identical captions - across Insta/Facebook/Snapchat/Twitter. I feel like people need to adapt their content. I mean, of course, that might be me that's out of step but I use all my different social media outlets very differently. Does anyone go on Twitter to share what they had for tea?
Little My

Post by Little My »

I agree, Heebie. I'm sorry about your friend's illness.

IWLTS: You can't always just point the finger of blame at COVID-19. It's reasonable to expect an update on something that should have happened in September. It's almost June, I'm hardly badgering you.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Ruby wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:43 pm :)) I mean I know people post the same thing on Insta and Facebook, that doesn't bother me at all and I will look at any and all photos people post. But I don't need to see the same sandwich/selfie/walk - with identical captions - across Insta/Facebook/Snapchat/Twitter. I feel like people need to adapt their content. I mean, of course, that might be me that's out of step but I use all my different social media outlets very differently. Does anyone go on Twitter to share what they had for tea?
Nope, Twitter is not (generally) for photos IMHO. That's what Instagram is for. Twitter is for my gobshite opinions and retweeting peoe with comedy Gifs :lol:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse