Covid-19

cluefree

Re: Corona Virus

Post by cluefree »

Thanks chaps. We’re going to get some advice but I think we’re just fucked, really. We’ll get through it.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I'm so sorry cluef. That is a really shitty way to treat long-serving staff.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Cluef that's dreadful - and after 14 years, what arseholes.

Brighton beach has been a no-go zone for anyone who respects the idea of social distancing for weeks now [/broken record].
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Jesus, Cluef, that's awful.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

I’m hoping that ultimately he will find a decent employer and be much better off in future. OR we will be destitute. Either way. :look:
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

That's shit Cluef, I'm sorry.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Shit, I’m sorry Cloof. What an absolute crap way to handle it.

One of my friend’s was let go recently under similar circumstances whilst two of the most junior members of the team were kept on who happen to be the owners daughter and her best friend. Both recent high school graduates who’ve been in the business for less than 6 months.

I’m so over people blaming protesters for the recent spikes in cases. How about the rest of you pricks stop going to restaurants, churches and the mother fucking beaches. (I’m referring to people local to me).
Lola

Post by Lola »

That’s awful, Cluef.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Oh Cluef, it's so shit.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Oh, cloof, that's rubbish. I hope something turns up soon.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

I am really sorry to hear that, cluef. It is so worrying, and companies these days seem to not value the experience that long term employees bring; it all comes down to money.

I finally got to see my company’s proposals. They need to reduce headcount by 0.7 FTE in our store. Guess who the only part time member of staff is? :woteva: Oh, and I conveniently work 0.7 FTE.

They legally aren’t allowed to discriminate against part time workers, so I assume I will be scored fairly along with everyone else in my store. I need to know though if it is for ‘business needs’, can they take the simple option and get rid of me otherwise the store will be below head count?
Luna

Post by Luna »

Oh Cluef, that is so shit.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Sorry, Cluef, that’s bloody awful.

Good news for you Margo and I hope you’ll feel better as a result.

Oh, Dande, fingers crossed :fc:
Skips

Post by Skips »

Sorry, cluef. I hope something better comes along.
F'Artiste

Post by F'Artiste »

That’s so shit cluef, I’m so sorry. I hope something far better comes along quickly.

And Dande, that sounds very stressful. It’s all so crap.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Dandelion wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:07 pm I am really sorry to hear that, cluef. It is so worrying, and companies these days seem to not value the experience that long term employees bring; it all comes down to money.

I finally got to see my company’s proposals. They need to reduce headcount by 0.7 FTE in our store. Guess who the only part time member of staff is? :woteva: Oh, and I conveniently work 0.7 FTE.

They legally aren’t allowed to discriminate against part time workers, so I assume I will be scored fairly along with everyone else in my store. I need to know though if it is for ‘business needs’, can they take the simple option and get rid of me otherwise the store will be below head count?
Sorry to hear that, Dande.
Could they be looking at cutting other hours? There might be people that want to reduce hours possibly. That's what happened in my last job. They requested voluntary hours first, then imposed the cuts, but no one ended up being made redundant.
Malan
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Oh cluef, that's so horribly shit. We could go and burn them, as long as we wear masks?

And Dande, that sounds so stressful. I hope it doesn't go the way you fear.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Margo

Post by Margo »

Thanks chaps. And so sorry Cluef, that sounds terribly unfair. Fucking virus. And fucking employers 😡
Starry

Post by Starry »

That is so shit of them cloof. That seems very unfair and after 14 years you’d expect a bit more loyalty.

Jupiter, it’s delayed things for the moment because we went sale agreed in February/March and I’m getting a right pain in my face now. We had hoped to move this week.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

Thanks lads. He’s feeling the extra pressure as the sole earner. Also his boss just called and told him he’s just getting statutory, not an extra month on top. :lol: the amount of money he’s made for them over the years is obscene.