Parma Friday

bramblerose

Parma Friday

Post by bramblerose »

Apparently it's National Parma Violets day.

I quite like them along with other other Swizzles sweets.

It's my day off today which I will fill with cleaning and ironing and meal planning. I've already cycled.

It's warm but very overcast, my hay fever is going mental and we are due thunderstorms and rain just in time for the weekend

How goes it with you?
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Re: Parma Friday

Post by baargain »

They're the the worst sweets.

I have to prep a module report for a cbt trainee who is failing and is likely to be dismissed. Yaaaaay.

But! Half day! Still sunny!
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Good morning. There is a thunderstorm underway here but it's not a huge one. Hopefully it will clear the air though. And then I need it to dry up so I can have my friend round for a glass of wine this evening.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Morning, I don't think I've ever had Parma violets; I am partial to love hearts and refreshers.
After a busy week of training I only have one scheduled call this afternoon. It's still warm so after work I am treating myself to a frozen raspberry daiquiri.
Have a great day everyone!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Morning. We’ve had the thunderstorms, and now it’s tropical and sweaty out there, but at least the pigeons can have their baths. They do seem to enjoy them so.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Morning.

No storms here, it’s hot and sticky.

I’ve just been wrenched from a particularly convoluted & vivid dream by Chunk screaming as he fell down the stairs for the second time in three days. He’s fine after a cuddle, but I’m a bit overwrought now. I’ve brought a coffee back to bed.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Good morning. I quite like a Parma violet.

Its month end so I'm heading to the office soon. I finally managed to halve my emails yesterday and I'm left with 126 to tackle (they won't get done today). Curry tonight and I can't wait, our first takeaway one since before lockdown. It's also payday but I overspent last week so need to clear my card.
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

Morning. That sounds like a stressful start to the day, Pip. Poor Chunk.

Parma Violets taste like soap to me.

The rain overnight has cooled things down a bit here. I've got a highly exciting day of working and avoiding the cleaner. Oh and homeschooling, obvs. He read for pleasure for the first time in years yesterday and I was so happy I let him off two thirds of the school work!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

School’s out here already. They don’t half finish early in Leicestershire. :uhh:
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

I hate Parma violets they taste of perfume. I do like the fizzy sweets that come in the same sort of packet though. And same size, I can’t remember what they’re called though.

More home schooling today, although we finish early fridays (my new rule) mr b is supposed to be golfing but he’s due to t off just as the storms hit here so we’ll see.

Happy Friday peeps.
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

Another 3 weeks to go here for school. It's also J's birthday the day after school finishes so there's that to sort as well.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Blondiejude wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:08 am I hate Parma violets they taste of perfume. I do like the fizzy sweets that come in the same sort of packet though. And same size, I can’t remember what they’re called though.
Swizzels I think? I like those, and also parma violets.

There was thunder here about an hour ago and its still raining quite heavily. I was going to go to the drive through Costa this morning but I'll leave it till lunchtime.

I only have our team call this morning then I can crack on with other stuff. I also have a call from my GP which is what they're doing instead of face to face appointments, this is to see if I have gallstones so I don't know how she'll diagnose that over the phone.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
indigo

Post by indigo »

Parma violets are revolting. As bad as cherry lips.

Morning, all! I just put my new curtains up. Thanks Lora for collecting them for me. :love:
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

Yes! Thankyou Sal. That would have bugged me all day.

We’re not forecast the storms till after 3pm here, so I might try and squeeze in a trip to the park or something before then.
speedy gonzalez

Post by speedy gonzalez »

We're due the storms late morning but it's already looking cloudy and like it could rain soon.
Hoping that Mr Speedy's pub announces whether they're opening or not soon. He's planning to go there on his birthday but it's tiny and without much pavement space so they may decide it's not worth opening. I wanted to order a takeaway from the one of the nice restaurants in town for the same day but if the pub is open he'll just fall asleep when he gets home!
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Swizzels is the manufacturer, the other type of tube sweet is called Fizzers (I just looked it up). I used to prefer their double lollies to both, particularly the mega ones.

It’s sunny and clear here at the moment but it’s supposed to be a bit cooler than the last couple of days. I have binned off my singing lesson today so have an absolutely blank slate. I might get my art supplies out.
Luna

Post by Luna »

Is it Shoe that loves a Parma violet? I’ve not eaten them since I was about 7.

It rained in the night but it still feels hot and sweaty here.
F'Artiste

Post by F'Artiste »

I used to love double lollies.

Morning. I’ve been up since 5.30, when A2 grizzled for a feed, fed for an hour and then decided it was time to wake up :lg:. I had been hoping he’d go back to sleep for another hour so I could have a nap before the nursery run. It’s very sweaty and I have mad hair as I didn’t have time to dry it before taking the kids to nursery, so hoping no-one insists on the video being on for meetings. I’m meant to have a half day but I may need to cancel to make myself available for some project updates later.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I might declare today Sports Day actually, and take a ball to Calke with us this afternoon.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

It stormed here at about 4:30 - we ran upstairs to close the velux windows in the loft and saw the most amazing sunrise :love:

The kids have an inset day here and I let them have churros for breakfast as a treat.