Friday night winners

emma_p

Friday night winners

Post by emma_p »

We made it through another week :perky:

I've got a negroni on the go and am in the middle of pizza prep. My favourite local pizza place reopened recently and I gave the kids a choice of that or homemade (I felt guilty because I have lots of mozzarella that I bought on offer and 2 bags of bread flour) and guess what they chose. The good thing is that the dough has gone crazy big in super fast time in the heat.

Hope everyone's got a cool drink and delicious food!
TracyA

Re: Friday night winners

Post by TracyA »

It’s chippy fish and chips tonight but I don’t want them so I’m having tempura prawns courtesy of M&S .

No cool drink yet but I will eventually have some wine or G&t, maybe both .

Enjoy your pizzas !
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Good evening! I have a long weekend ahead of me and managed a bit of gardening before dinner. It’s so muggy now though.

I had a cryptic message from my boss’s boss earlier. We missed each other yesterday so I chatted and asked if she still wanted me. She said “wanted to talk to you about something that might be out of your comfort zone but would be a good opportunity and with the right influencers”. I have no idea what the hell she’s thinking and she was off this afternoon so we didn’t get to speak and it will have to wait until Tuesday. :lol:
Last edited by wendy james on Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

It just started raining here :weewee:
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Evening all, I have been to collect a prescription and then we had a walk. We had dinner from a local Italian restaurant and i have tiramisu to have later :ready:

There is feck all worth watching on telly. We are watching Strike because J hasn't seen them and I'm happy to rewatch them.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
rosy

Post by rosy »

Evening! The thunder/hail/sky as black as night storm seems like a distant memory although it was only three hours ago; it was amazing while it lasted though.

I had chilli for dinner and there is wine in the fridge. I have some hand-sewing to finish but it’s not urgent.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

That sounds intriguing, Wendy.

I am winning because I'd double booked myself (garden wine with my Friday coffee friends and book club in bubbles of six :)) ) and both got cancelled :perky: I mean, either would be nice but I'm currently sitting in the garden in my pjs drinking beer, which feels preferable. The boys have had pizza and I had leftover Greek traybake.

AND, I messaged my local baker earlier asking what they were baking as the smell of vanilla was driving me mad, and she said she'll bring us some to sample tomorrow. (Still don't know what it is.)

I would like to re-watch Strike. I think I may have missed the last one. Where are they, Sal?
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

Surprise bake! That's exciting.

I put my foot on a bee, and he disliked it and stung me. We both seem to have survived though.
IMG-20200626-WA0040.jpeg
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

We had apocalyptic rain earlier and now its gone considerably cooler.

We've had tandoori chicken fried rice for dinner and ice cream for pud.

I'm not sure what we are going to watch, probably more Spooks.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

We've had no rain, I need rain.
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

Greek traybake sounds nice !

I just looked out of my upstairs window and the little bit next door (11) is sat in a big plastic storage crate filled with water looking grumpy. He reminds me a lot of youngest at the same age. 😂
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Your garden is so beautiful, Baa. The crocosmia are vibrant.

We are due storms tomorrow, at about the time I should be heading down to pick up my nephew. I've suggested to my sister that she have J overnight as a swap and she's gone quiet, so I might have got out of it :mischief: (but also :verm: as her favouritism with my children pisses me off.)
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

I am envious of your surprise bake tomorrow, Lora! :weewee: I wish someone would bake for me.

Your sounds like an interesting opportunity, Wendy.

No rain here thankfully. We’re at the pool and had a positive meeting with the school earlier. They will allow us to reenrol until Dec of this year so if our immigration status changes we’re not liable for a fuckton in school fees.
Last edited by olive on Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

That sounds intriguing, Wendy.

I was considering rewatching Strike too, there's nothing else I really fancy.

We've had a bit of thunder but not much and it's very oppressive. I've been for a walk and had a sandwich for tea. I've got a pack of Revels.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Loralei wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:23 pm That sounds intriguing, Wendy.

I am winning because I'd double booked myself (garden wine with my Friday coffee friends and book club in bubbles of six :)) ) and both got cancelled :perky: I mean, either would be nice but I'm currently sitting in the garden in my pjs drinking beer, which feels preferable. The boys have had pizza and I had leftover Greek traybake.

AND, I messaged my local baker earlier asking what they were baking as the smell of vanilla was driving me mad, and she said she'll bring us some to sample tomorrow. (Still don't know what it is.)

I would like to re-watch Strike. I think I may have missed the last one. Where are they, Sal?
Iplayer :))
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

TracyA wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:48 pm I just looked out of my upstairs window and the little bit next door (11) is sat in a big plastic storage crate filled with water looking grumpy. He reminds me a lot of youngest at the same age. 😂
:lol:
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

I mean Boy not bit , oops!
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

Ah, thanks lora! They've just started coming out.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

TracyA wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:04 pm I mean Boy not bit , oops!
I knew what you meant. :)) I’m sure I’d have done the same at that age and then felt really short changed at not having a proper pool/ paddling pool.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

We can’t get a paddling pool (death trap patio paving slabs) so I let Liv fill a metal drinks cooler I bought in Target. I meant it for her feet but she got her swimming cossie on and sat in it :mog:

I am so full of pizza!
Last edited by emma_p on Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.