Saturday

wendy james

Saturday

Post by wendy james »

GOOD MORNING! :perky:

It’s quite wet here, but it was needed. We have indoor plans (sewing teacher gifts) but the girls are currently practising on their recorders. :ruby:

P should have been in Spain, and I should have had weekend guests, which is a bit of a bummer. We’re planning tapas, churros and Spanish alcohol for dinner to try and make up for it.

I wish you a peaceful Saturday!
Last edited by wendy james on Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Re: Saturday

Post by Kenickie »

Morning! Your not Spain celebration sounds great, although I'm sorry for your holiday loss.

I'm going to do Pilates in a bit. Very wet here too but cooler which is very welcome.

I'm having an afternoon tea delivered in a few hours. :ready:
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Good morning wendy!

We have no real plans today, I was exhausted last night but the people partying down the street till gone 2 put paid to any sleep. We tried closing the window but the resulting suffocation hinder the noise barrier.

I'm on high alert with Lucy, thanks to the rain she won't go outside and hasn't peed since last night. I do not want my carpet to be her choice of toilet.

I might try to nap later and possibly do the online quiz thing.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Hello Wendy, I'm sorry for your recorder woes :cry: I am still in bed while J has gone to do the shopping. The forecast here is for rain which makes visiting my mum tricky as we can't yet be inside. I've suggested that we go for a walk instead and hopefully the forecast won't be as bad as we have been told.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Morning. As Sal says, our forecast isn't good. But we've been forecast rain for days and it has often ended up dry and even sunny. I ended up able to sit out all yesterday evening with my friend and am wondering whether to try to get a walk with my dad this afternoon.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

We should be on a plane to Spain now too. Instead, I'll be packing for the boys going to J's tomorrow, until 7 August.

The weather is to be pretty dismal I think, but I might drag them out for a walk.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Recorders :cry:

I hope Lucy alerts you in good time Skips :))

Raining here. I’ve done some exercise and am about to shower. After that I’m going out to the shops with Mr C. We want to look at furniture and I want to go to the nice patisserie. It’s the first proper non-supermarket outing we’ve had since lockdown started so I’m excited but nervous. If it’s too busy we’ll just come home again though. Later is takeaway :ready:
Glint

Post by Glint »

Morning, we are lazing. It's wet outside and we need to deliver a birthday card, I had hoped to walk but it's looking dubious.

Have a good Saturday. :toot:
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Morning all

Sorry about the missed holidays.

I have been busy this morning doing housey things and I'm going out for a walk now, despite the drizzle. It's my niece's 15th birthday today and we are having a garden visit at my Mum's, my Sister is bringing cupcakes. :ready:

Last night Mr Is and I watched an online live comedy show and it was really good, we felt a bit like we'd had a night out.
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

Hello! I'm off for a walk in/near Wicken Fen. I'm taking one of these sandwiches.
IMG_20200626_215851.jpg
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Good morning. I've no idea what is planned for today. The weather is a bit rubbish. I do want to catch up on some reading as I've fallen way behind on my reading challenge. Lasagne and chips for dinner. Double carbs :ready:
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Heebie Jeebie wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:49 am Morning. As Sal says, our forecast isn't good. But we've been forecast rain for days and it has often ended up dry and even sunny. I ended up able to sit out all yesterday evening with my friend and am wondering whether to try to get a walk with my dad this afternoon.
It's been weird, the forecast has been dire at times but then it comes to nothing!

Double carbs Jupes, living the dream!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Morning all. I have set up an outdoor second hand uniform sale in the rain and come home again. I have pissed off the PTA (of which I’m a member) because I have refused to stay at the sale and pack up damp uniform and gazebos when it would have been very easy to move the sale to another day, even at short notice. #playgrounddrama
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Morning. It's drizzly, humid and windy here.

I need to buy a birthday card and pick up bits that we couldn't get yesterday.

We have planned a "dirty bastard" burger for dinner. It's a take on one we had in a burger restaurant...burger, bacon, buttermilk chicken and an onion ring (for health!)

I'm hopeful for a walk later.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Luna

Post by Luna »

I don't blame you Cerise!

The weather here is shitey but it's a relief to be cooler and the beach gets a break from hordes of tourists.

I shall probably watch more Glastonbury later. I've loved rewatching old sets. Beyoncé was fabulous.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Morning. Rainy & humid here too.

I’m just pottering and waiting to see if Squeak will wake up and if she wants me to take her shopping. She probably won’t, it was quite upsetting yesterday when she was crying about clothes.

C has been out for a long run in the rain with his mate. They were all supposed to be in Spain this weekend too.

Those sandwiches look amazing. :emme:
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I'm supposed to be visiting the James household this weekend and then flying to Spain on Monday. Instead I am in grey Glasgow.

Our reorganised plan was to see our friends and their kids outside but I think the weather might put a halt on that too. :ella:
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I'm sorry for all the plans that have been cancelled/postponed. It is very wet here and there are about 20 snails seemingly having a disco on our patio. Liv is in her element watching them glide! The forecast looks to be better this afternoon so I hope we can go out for a walk then.
Glint

Post by Glint »

We're just ordering our tea from a nearish Italian and I'm off to bake banana bread.

This seems a sad weekend of missed plans, I do hope you can all salvage some merriment.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

Such a bummer about the ruined plans. Hopefully it has all just been postponed rather than cancelled.

I don’t know if I am coming or going with this weather. To the east it is bright sunshine and blue sky and to the west it is grey and thundery.

This morning has involved chores and putting the groceries away that MrD went and out got.

This afternoon we are going to MIL’s for a walk. MIL has found the next size up bike for F which she has offered to but her, so we need to go and have a look at that as well.

In the meantime, I am slumped on the sofa eating pastel de nata. 🥧