Can someone help me to explain to someone really stupid why 'white lives matter/all lives matter is racist'

Faddy

Can someone help me to explain to someone really stupid why 'white lives matter/all lives matter is racist'

Post by Faddy »

I posted in response to something on our local Facebook group about All Lives Matter and White Lives Matter. They were referring to the bloke who lost his job for flying the White Lives Matter over the football stadium

I posed a question to the effect that 'Does the Slogan, Black Lives Matter, mean that white lives don't?' and went on to say that I don't see it like that. I see it more as a response that Black people feel their lives don't matter equally to those of whites because of the way the police force handled the George Floyd incident.

Then, no comment to my post to be seen, my post gets deleted and admin turns off commenting. I feel my rightful challenge to racism has been silenced so I report the group, although I don't expect it to be followed up unless someone posts something more blatant than that (though it was pretty blatant, imo).

I don't actually feel I said anything wrong and I admit that challenging these people is usually pointless. I remain naive, though, and continue to try as I think that, somewhere along the line, it may get through and, if it doesn't, I have said my piece.
Derek Nimmo

Re: Can someone help me to explain to someone really stupid why 'white lives matter/all lives matter is racist'

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Who are you trying to explain it to Faddy? Sounds like you don't have access to that group anymore.

I've seen this posted a few times, and it's a simple (and non combative) way of explaining it. If anyone wants to argue the point further, they can fuck off with their overt racism and refusal to see the point :)

Faddy

Re: Can someone help me to explain to someone really stupid why 'white lives matter/all lives matter is racist'

Post by Faddy »

Yes, I left the group. I just wondered if it was me needing to explain it better or the group's refusal to listen. I like your cartoon - it explains things very well. :)
Faddy

Post by Faddy »

Anyway, their posts don't flout community standards, according to Facebook 🙄
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

There's another one somewhere about putting out a fire at someone's house meaning that firefighters only go to that house, not to the houses that are currently not on fire.
indigo

Post by indigo »

ParisGal wrote: ↑Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:14 pm There's another one somewhere about putting out a fire at someone's house meaning that firefighters only go to that house, not to the houses that are currently not on fire.
I really like that one.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Well done for combatting it Faddy. You could always go back in and present your arguments. This is a good one which PG refers to.

Also: Saying white lives matter is like telling Martin Luther King about the dream you had the other night.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

All lives can’t matter until Black lives matter. It’s like going to the funeral of somebody’s child, snatching the mic during the eulogy and advising everyone that all children are important, not just this one.
Faddy

Post by Faddy »

Very good analogies. I especially like the Martin Luther King one
Faddy

Post by Faddy »