Payday treats?

emma_p

Re: Payday treats?

Post by emma_p »

My rusty French says garlic powder?
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Ella77 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:04 am What’s coconut candy in English :))? Sounds lovely. What are the biscuity (?) things next to it on the right?
I wasn't sure, but they're basically coconut Werthers :) The discs are dried hawthorn paste, I can't think of anything similar but I was introduced to them by a friend from Hong Kong years ago - basically sweets / dried fruit, but totally dry and non-sticky.

I am so chuffed that they randomly had an African section too, containing the Cantu and the peanut butter. The Cantu shelf was stripped pretty bare, hence the kids custard :)) , but I was thrilled to find a source as otherwise here it's online at vast expense. The peanut butter is also perfect, as in my local supermarket it's 4€ for a small jar of Skippy. I looked up nut butters at Sainsbury's and was very jealous at the 1kg tubs you can get. This one does have some vegetable oil in it which in an ideal world I'd have avoided, but there's no added sugar which is more important to me.
Lola wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:32 am What is the bag of white powder? :look: :))
Street value of 15k€ :)) Or, potato starch :lol:
Last edited by ParisGal on Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Ah yes, at the front there is MSG and garlic powder. At the top left is cocaine.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

That's a very exciting haul.

I don't get paid till Wednesday but have got ahead of myself and bought this milk jug:
21NDHMVD9ML._AC_SY400_.jpg
I already have a butter dish, salt pig and utensil jar in the same range and they were moderately expensive. This was reduced to £13.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Roma

Post by Roma »

I’ve already bought a new blender and I’m now looking for white trainers. That will be all for this payday.
Lola

Post by Lola »

That’s nice, Bean.

I’m amused by the idea of hair custard too :))
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I might buy the kids version to try. The custard is like a sloppy gel, Lola. Custard is the perfect description of its consistency.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I got paid last week but I think I will buy myself some new trainers, I have looked around but I always end up getting Superstars, it's just a case of which colourway :))
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Cantu hair custard is great! I use a medium-ish blob after all of my other products have dried slightly after washing, and it definitely helps to keep the curls more defined.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

I wonder if the kids stuff is really different? I am going to use it with my other treat - the hair curlers I did a thread about the other day :)) :flirt:
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

I've just corrected my previous post - the discs are hawthorn, not hibiscus :fish:
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Hawthorn, wow. You said hawthorn above, though :)).
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

I edited :))
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I am a twat :lol:.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Is hawthorn meant to be good for you?

What do you do with aloe jelly :weewee:
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

The aloe jelly is a trial - I expect it to be an overly sweet jelly pudding. I don't know about hawthorn qualities beyond tastiness :)

These are the ones I usually get, apparently these new ones are "gourmet" :))
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

emma_p wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:07 pm What do you do with aloe jelly :weewee:
Well, as it turns out it is (I think!) cubes of peeled aloe vera in a mango-flavoured, very light, syrup. Very nice and refreshing and not overly sweet (or really jelly) at all.
absley

Post by absley »

Morganna wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:41 pm I got a bargainous payday treat :frolic:

Aromatherapy Associates have an Ultimate Sleep Collection set that has three products for £70 instead of £126 if bought separately. Plus, if you spend £75, you get a free set of facial oils that retail at £53, so I've ordered a mini body wash for £5.50 to qualify.
Thanks for flagging this, Morgs - I went for the same sleep set plus their rose shower gel, which I love.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

:dotty:
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

I got the Sussex wines and they came with a lovely map of all the places to visit in Sussex in the Sussex Modern group. All the packaging was cardboard as well, which I was impressed by.