FML

Estrella

Re: FML

Post by Estrella »

nineseven wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:31 am The first time I encountered a gecko making noises (in a hotel room in Bali) I thought it was a hiding monkey :lol:
I was the same with kookaburras when I first moved here. I kept mentioning the “monkey birds” to MrE :mog:
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

MAGGOT TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️

Thankfully nowhere near as bad as smal’s indoor bin situation, but I went out to our food wheelie bin earlier and didn’t even get as far as opening the lid as there were so many of them writhing out the gaps in the top :cry: I had JUST been telling C about smal’s bin (which is what prompted me to pre-emptively take the half full caddy out) and had to retreat back inside to tell him.* He was all billy big baws as well, chuffing “huh, it’s hardly the first time!” and taking the caddy out himself, only to then spend 15 minutes hosing everything down and then another 5 washing his hands inside while conceding yes, that was much worse than it’s ever been.

I’m not really sure yet what we can do besides that, as it’s so warm outside and we currently have an unavoidable increase of food waste due to Hop. It absolutely poured overnight and loads this morning too so I’m not sure hosing it down will help? I boiled the kettle but he turned it off while still in the chuffing stage, and I’m not getting directly involved if I can help it :bob:

*The only good to come out of this is the opportunity to hiss: “Maggots, Michael, you’re eating maggots how do they taste?” :bat:
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Oh god :panic:

We do not have a food caddy thing because it’s all too gross anyway and I am very thankful. Ugh!
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

:cry: What do you do with unavoidable food scraps in that case? Ours was in constant use anyway with day to day stuff like banana peels or onion skins etc, does it all get whisked straight outside?
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I'm ashamed to say I bin my scraps. In my flat, the council there wouldn't collect the food waste bin for months on end, and it scarred me for life.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

I just bin them too :look:

We recycle everything else possible so I can’t make myself give too much of a shit about that.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I'm not sure what happens with our food recycling.

About a year ago the council declared it was fine to put it into plastic bags, so I'm not entirely sure it doesn't just get incinerated of landfilled anyway.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I was just thinking I'm going to get rid of my food caddy as it's bringing in flies. I have a compost bin and it's hardly a chore to carry out peelings. Having said that, I'm mildly terrified of my compost bin anyway. So many flies! Plus a friend of mine got a wasps nest in hers.

I like geckos, there were tiny ones in the house on our last holiday in La Palma and one kept getting in my shoes. I had to be very careful.
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

I like that the main kitchen bin now doesn't smell as all the food waste goes into the food bin, which then gets frequently emptied.

My FML is that my husband's colleagues heard me yelling 'I'M ON THE TOILET!!!!!!!' in full fishwife mode at my children who were kicking off in the garden and shouting for me :shame: And he was all like 'don't worry, they don't mind' :woteva: I MIND THOUGH!!
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

:mog: :mog: :mute:
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Oh God, PD. :mog: that’s happened here too if it makes you feel any better.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Oh no, pd :lol:.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Oh no, pd. :lol:

I just remembered I stripped all the beds this morning. :cry:
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Ismee wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:14 pm Oh no, pd. :lol:

I just remembered I stripped all the beds this morning. :cry:
This is THE WORST.

Poor you, pd :lol:
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Oh, pd! :mog:
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

purple_dress wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:50 pm My FML is that my husband's colleagues heard me yelling 'I'M ON THE TOILET!!!!!!!' in full fishwife mode at my children who were kicking off in the garden and shouting for me :shame: And he was all like 'don't worry, they don't mind' :woteva: I MIND THOUGH!!
:mog: I bet they didn't mind. I'd love that if it happened on a chat I was in, as long as it wasn't me saying it.

My FML is that I oiled myself and then leaned across to shut a window, pressing myself against the wall without thinking - and now there is a horribly clear imprint of my right bosom on my wall in oil. :verm: How the bloody hell do you get body oil off a wall? I read somewhere that you can iron it off using kitchen towel, but that hasn't worked so far.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

:lol: that's like when I used to do prints of my bum in talc in the bathroom wall as a child.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

:lol: Try Fairy liquid, Lils!
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

Ken! :lol:
nineseven

Post by nineseven »