Let's start Sunday

Heebie Jeebie

Let's start Sunday

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

I feel like I've been up for hours so let's get the daily thread going. It's chucking down with rain here and supposed to stay that way all day, so we'll be getting our waterproofs on and going out for a splash. I'm thinking about roast chicken for dinner. How about you?
Cerise

Re: Let's start Sunday

Post by Cerise »

I think Mr Sax is in charge of dinner and it will be something from one of his The Spicery packs.

Other than that, we’re going to explore a local cemetery via a geocaching trail.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Mmmmmm roast chicken.

I’m still in bed. Today I have to do some cleaning/tidying downstairs then I’m going for a walk. Zoom call with friend later - I don’t like Zoom calls 😬
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Rainy here today too. We went to look at plants at the garden centre and also bought bbq pork bao buns for lunch.

Roast chicken sounds good. We have leftover (disappointing) takeaway Indian food from last night for dinner. I’d rather have a roast.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Morning! I am up early as I was supposed to be going for a walk with my friend but rain stopped play. Obviously it is beautiful now :verm: I'm watching Peter Rabbit with TD and am hoping to snooze a bit. Not sure what today holds but I did promise the children a milkshake later and hopefully it will be dry enough for my walk this evening.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Morning,it's overcast and windy here. I've hurt my knee so my walk has been cancelled and so is yoga. I plan to do little jobs around the house to keep moving.
Roast chicken does sound rather good!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

HELLO! :perky:

I had a lie in (for me) then pottered on Ancestry until P woke up and suggested coffee in bed. I can hear the girls now, so I’m hoping to get Sproglette out for a walk soon.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Morning, Jack is determined he's not going with his dad, so this will be fun.
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

wendy james wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:51 am HELLO! :perky:

I had a lie in (for me) then pottered on Ancestry until P woke up and suggested coffee in bed. I can hear the girls now, so I’m hoping to get Sproglette out for a walk soon.
Roast chicken sounds amazing. I haven’t had a good roast for ages.

D has conjunctivitis and spent all of yesterday lying down in a dark room so I cancelled my early shift today for childcare reasons so have had a lie in :perky:

I was meant to be dropping off some fb sales on my way home later so S and I will do that at some point today. It’ll be the first time he’s been in the car since lockdown started so he will he absolutely delighted.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Morning!

I woke up about 7 but stayed quietly in bed reading the Sunday papers online. I’ve just tried to steam C out of bed by taking him a cup of tea. He drinks it then gets too hot & has to get up. I don’t fancy chopping melon for Chunk’s breakfast fruit platter.

It’s grey & windy, and we’ve nothing pressing to do.
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

Morning! Pissing down here too. But I’ve got a cup of tea and a book so I’m happy.

I’ve had loads of roasts since lockdown started. I even had one mid-week this week (ham with cauli & broc cheese and roasties).

Today we’re having leftover roast chicken (done beer can style on a bbq on Friday) with a Greek salad, griddled courgettes and tzatziki.

Oh dear, Smunder. I hope he goes easily enough when his dad arrives.
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

Pip :lol: . I hope your steaming method works.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

I've lost my cooking mojo entirely now, and just ordered a shed load of ready meals in the Tesco delivery I finally managed to get yesterday :frolic: I will be slaving over a hot microwave later.

In the meantime, today holds going to see a car. 16 years + it's been since I got behind the wheel :bob:
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

I fancy a roast too, but I haven't got the food in as it was so hot when I ordered the shopping that the idea of having the oven on sent me under.

I spent most of yesterday at an online teaching conference so I am determined not to do any work today. I hope the weather decides what it's going to do.
happyhighlandcoo

Post by happyhighlandcoo »

I'm still in bed :sloth: and it sounds windy out there but I might force Mr Coo to go on a rainy day walk. I think we need to blow away the cobwebs a bit and hopefully everywhere will be quiet if the weather is shit so we can have places to ourselves. I think I need a forest or lake to explore.

I've got work to do later too, uploading all the work to the system (hopefully for the last time ever as we've then got 2 "school" days before the holidays so we'll just give something fun), reading end of year reports and recording my video lessons for the week which involves a few wardrobe changes (then remembering which top is which day for my morning form time) :lol:

Mr Coo is going to make veggie paella later with vegetarian paprika sausages.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

We’ve been considering buying a car too, Derek. We’ve needed one just once in the 7 years we’ve lived here, but as somebody else said to me the other day, nowadays we’re pretty much restricted to the distance we can walk. Good luck with it! Is it an automatic?
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Good luck Derek! It’s a shame that after all the progress on public transport and recycling, etc, that we’ve regressed because of the virus, but having a car is so useful.

Steaming has been a slow process, and I still had to chop the melon, but I can hear movement now.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Thank you. It certainly is an automatic - I haven't driven a manual in about 25 years - that way disaster would lie! I'm very pissed off at having to give up on public transport too, and as soon as its safe to go back to it I will.

(I will also, for the peace of mind of all B&H residents, be getting a refresher lesson or two off my friend's driving instructor husband as soon as its possible to do so :)) )
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Pip, that’s brilliant :lol:

That sounds lovely, Coo, as does a roast (without the chicken, of course).

Our regular shopping slot seems to have become 4pm on Sundays, so we largely end up eating whatever’s left in the fridge/cupboards. And arguing over the last loo roll :lol:

I only have to run 3.7 miles today, which is a great feeling. I had intended to try to do a fast-ish 5k early on, but decided on a morning of breakfast and easy chores instead. So I’ll run later at whatever speed I fancy at the time.

J is out running, S is playing Animal Crossing, and M has just got up. The dogs are snoozing. I’ve just finished a coffee and am about to hoover.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Morning!

We always have a roast on a Sunday :ready: we have gammon today, but regardless of roast it always comes with Yorkies :ready:

It’s a bit miserable here so there are no plans as yet.