Did anyone ever work out what Tuesdays are good for?

Bat Macdui

Did anyone ever work out what Tuesdays are good for?

Post by Bat Macdui »

Morning. :)) Can someone remind me what I'm doing, please? Except potentially improving my life 67% by buying some stationery?

Same old here. Work. Walking Tilly. Might email a hairdresser. This seems less important now I can manage a pony tail. THOUGH. The whole point of rocking a well cut bob for at least 5 years now is because if it's longer I just tie it back and wave my sticky out ears at the world perpetually.

Today we are hoping walking Tilly does not involve fox poo. As yesterday did.
wendy james

Re: Did anyone ever work out what Tuesdays are good for?

Post by wendy james »

Morning, and hello Tilly :wave:

I survived my three-day weekend and am returning to work. I planned to go for a short practice drive this morning, but the tyre light came on so it was *very* short. Ah well, it seemed fine (it's an automatic, I'm not sure why it wouldn't be :lol: ).

I was only off one day and it seems that somebody has rescheduled his wedding for the middle of his colleague's paternity leave. It's a team of 2, with a deadline to meet. :ruby: We've already agreed a revised schedule due to COVID-19, with the paternity leave built in, SO WHY IS THIS WEDDING DATE NEWS TO US NOW? To deny his requested holiday would seem out of order, but who fucking does that?

Anyway, I'm hoping to hear about this mystery opportunity. It occurred to me that it might be more training.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Tilly :love: I hope your day is poo free though!

I have no idea what Tuesdays are good for, we have a team meeting this morning which is being attended by a director - this is what happens when people say they don't see enough of senior managers :lg:

I am hoping it stays dry today so I can get some washing out. This is my life now.

I have a hairdressers appointment booked for 22nd July - my debate is whether I colour it before then or just stick it out!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Don't wave at her, she's a terrible, terrible, disgusting dog. :))

I met a whole bunch of my Mum's usual walking friends for the first time in ages yesterday walking Tilly and was astounded by how many of them have three inches of wholly different hair colour now. :)) My favourites are all the ladies of a Certain Age who had severe short cuts in ash blonde type colours who now have flowing steely grey locks. :))
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

Did you try tomato ketchup to remove the fox poo ? I’m told it works a treat but we usually just stick Arlo under the garden hose then in the bath .

Morning, I hope your mystery talk is more exciting than training Wendy.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Morning. I am in Leicester. They’ve not dropped the dome yet. :look:
Skips

Post by Skips »

Morning all and hello stinky Tilly

I had an amazing idea involving carrier bags in my dream. I mean, I can't remember what it is, but I'm sure it was world changing.

Work today and taking the curtain pole off the wall in the back bedroom ready for prepping for paint.
speedy gonzalez

Post by speedy gonzalez »

Poor smelly Tilly.
I'm leaving booking my haircut as some of the customers seem to be really desperate for one. Also my hairdresser is going to have to put up with my attempts at home hair colouring for a few months yet.
Also who schedules a wedding when they know the other person in the team is off on paternity leave.
Work today and tomorrow and then day off and then work rest day. Mr Speedy is going to nag the estate agent today about our house not being on the site. However, as we haven't seen anything yet there doesn't seem much point to me.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Hello Tilly :love:

Tuesday’s been good for catching up with my best friend. And I have beer from our local brewery (which is closing down as a result of the Covid impact :cry: )
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Hello, Tuesday's are good for a morning walk and a social distancing PT session tonight. I also have my 1 to 1 with my manager later on today. Happy Happy Joy Joy
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:13 am Morning. I am in Leicester. They’ve not dropped the dome yet. :look:
Don't stand on the border in case you're spliced. :look:
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

I am not sure what Tuesday is for - just more work for me. Have had one video call already and another one in 30 minutes. A friend that I have not seen since lockdown has booked us a restaurant for 8 July - I cannot say I am not a bit nervous about it even though it is just she and me - and hoping I feel better nearer the time.
Glint

Post by Glint »

Morning, I have my hair appointment for the start of August, so won’t do anymore temporary colouring.

My car has its MOT at lunchtime, the weather looks not too bad (no rain, no high winds) so i might walk back after dropping it in rather than get Mr G to pick me up.

Nothing else happening here.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:13 am Morning. I am in Leicester. They’ve not dropped the dome yet. :look:
This reminds me of the time I genuinely thought Center Parcs was under a massive dome :mog:

Morning all. Raining here which has curtailed my immediate plans to go for a walk and dodge starting home schooling :mad: My day holds next to nothing else of import.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Bat Macdui wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:46 am
Don't stand on the border in case you're spliced. :look:
That is the exact opposite of what spliced means :)). Good advice all the same :look:.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

I wish Center Parcs was under a dome, that would be awesome.

I don't know what Tuesday's are good for, I'm in a grump because of work, the neverending battle to try and move house and people's inability to parent properly.
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Good morning! It's crechemas day here as E jnr returned this morning. I am celebrating by going back to bed with my book and tea. This is my last week of freedom after six months of no work.

I hope everyone survives Tuesday.
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

Flora Poste wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:22 am

This reminds me of the time I genuinely thought Center Parcs was under a massive dome :mog:
I think I used to think that too!

A friend asked if J and I wanted to go for walk this afternoon, but hasn't got back to me when I asked what time, so I have no idea what I'm doing today.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I have learned what splice really means!

And smashed my favourite Charlie & Lola mug. And broken MS Teams. Today is crappy.
Red

Post by Red »

I worked with someone who reckons Tuesdays are worse than Mondays because of their blahness. I concur.

I hope there is no unexpected poo in anyone's life today.

I need to do some more exercise so 'I've half-watched a 'yoga with Adrienne' video which I might try later, but I have zero energy.
Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks you're an asshole.