Pinch Punch Wednesday

TracyA

Pinch Punch Wednesday

Post by TracyA »

1st July already. Time flies during a pandemic.

I woke to a text from the NHS telling me the covid19 test I took yesterday was negative. Pretty good service all wound . I feel happier about seeing my mum at the weekend now .
purple_dress

Re: Pinch Punch Wednesday

Post by purple_dress »

Gosh, July.

Good news about the test result!

Working from home today and the car is at the garage. It stopped working in lockdown and the RAC couldn't work out what was wrong with it. We're planning to get a new car anyway now but not sure if the old car will be £££££ to get working to part exchange. Wow, that was interesting :woteva:
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Good day to you.

I also have boring car-related things on. Hopefully this morning I will be picking it up as it's had to have its air con re-gassed.
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

Morning! Good news about your negative result, TracyA.

I have a day off work today, so obviously my mind is obsessing with all the things I am massively behind with. :mad:

MissA is supposed to be returning her locker key to school, but she can’t find it anywhere. Oh well. :)

I am planning to dye my hair and might trim a few bits. Might not. Then I’m going for a walk with MissA, her friend and her friend’s dog, which is something to look forward to.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Good morning. Today is Berty's birthday; she is ten. Ten! I have saved the fun school work for today (design a board game) so hopefully that will keep her and TD occupied. I would like to nap at some point :shh:
Skips

Post by Skips »

Good morning. I m about to log into work. Yesterday was awful and I told J just to put me out of my misery, take me out back and shoot me. He didn't and when I was prepping dinner I sliced my thumb open.

If today isn't better in may go on a rampage.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Great news about your test, Tracy, had you had symptoms?

Half way through the week, and I have our team meeting this morning. We got news yesterday that we might be back in work come August so I anticipate lots of questions about that (which I can't answer!)
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Morning! Happy Birthday Bertalicious!! :)) Ten! God, how long have even been here (existential, here generally, here on TMT, etc).

I went round to have an out and out row with the neighbours and accidentally made friends with them, which is a bit annoying. :))
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Good morning & happy birthday Berry! 10!

I’m struggling to get going this morning. I have 30 mins to impress the Director of my department this afternoon. God knows how.
Beena

Post by Beena »

Happy Birthday Bertie!! :toot: Lora, I'm pretty sure she can't be 10 yet.

As for the rest of today :woteva:
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Happy birthday to Bert! 10 :toot:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Ah happy birthday Berty! 10!!
F'Artiste

Post by F'Artiste »

Happy birthday Berty!

Today is also A2’s birthday, who is 2. I’ve taken the day off work (apart from an errant meeting in the afternoon) so I can make his cake/ actually wrap his presents up. A was also meant to have the day off but just casually dropped into conversation that it looks like his manager didn’t approve the day off (this happens quite frequently and is irritating beyond belief that he doesn’t check it’s approved or chase before the date). :bite:.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Bat Macdui wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:31 am I went round to have an out and out row with the neighbours and accidentally made friends with them, which is a bit annoying. :))
:lol: what happened?

And I can't believe Bertie is 10. Double figures!

Another day wfh for me. We've been told this is it till the end of the year, though we may be allowed to visit the office from September :woteva:
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

Another one who is surprised at your daughter being 10 Lora, you will be telling us TD Is out of nappies next. I’m sure Emma pretended in a recent post that her G is approaching secondary school age. They’re all just toddlers in my mind!

No symptoms Sal, but I’m heading up North to see my 87 year old mum who has been isolating and was a bit wary. A lady posted in a local fb group that our testing centre is really quiet and don’t ask if you have symptoms ( she works there) You are asked when you make the online booking but not when you get there.
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Happy birthday, Berty!

I need to do the creche run and then I plan to spend the morning on the couch watching Ms Marple.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Heebie Jeebie wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:46 am
Bat Macdui wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:31 am I went round to have an out and out row with the neighbours and accidentally made friends with them, which is a bit annoying. :))
:lol: what happened?
I spoke to the woman who lives there, instead of her father in law who is leading the building work. So we had a sensible conversation, I got an apology and admission that yes, they were being disruptive. We've swapped numbers and they are going to do noisy work when we're out and we're all going to communicate better to avoid a situation where they just start at 9am with power tools without warning and I've got a conference call. Then we chatted nicely. I feel better, it's better than ranting at them in my head.

We can go into the office on an ad hoc basis now, coordinated by the office manager so not too many people are in at one time. I've not been yet, but apparently the offer has been mostly asked for taken up by men who have children at home. I AM SO SURPRISED.
Glint

Post by Glint »

Gosh, Bats! Men wanting out of the house when they have children at home. It is VERY surprising.

Sounds like it was a good chat, and well done for timing it right to speak to an adult woman.

Morning, and Happy Birthday to Berty (how?) and A2.

No real plans for me, Mr G is in a similar situation to purps, so is going to call the garage to see if it’s worth fixing. He has an engine malfunction plastered over his dash, but it still drives fine locally.
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

Ours doesn't run at all. Something is draining the battery and the diagnostics the RAC did didn't find anything that was draining it. New battery and three days layer it's dead again.

Thanks, Beatrix. We might have to consider that. The car is only worth £1k anyway.

Hope your car stuff goes OK, Glint and Nine.

Happy birthday to Berty!
Last edited by purple_dress on Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glint

Post by Glint »

I hope the garage find a quick, cheap fix for you purps.