Home Working Set Up

Wiggle

Re: Home Working Set Up

Post by Wiggle »

I thought I was bad only dusting once a week!
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

I do a wet and dry wipe at least once a week.

That just looks like a hoarder in the making to me. I see a lot of hoarded places in my job. I know it sounds wank, but I cannot concentrate and focus on work if my place is messy.
Malan
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

smalex wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:19 am Then there are the people who just have no shame. If I survey a house I go in all the rooms, and worn knickers on bedroom floors, half eaten plates of food left around aren't that uncommon. Like, dude, YOU ASKED ME TO COME HERE AND DO THIS! It wasn't a surprise visit!
I would be utterly mortified!

That woman’s bed is really stressing me out. :twitch:

I’m the same as you, Marth and I can’t concentrate or relax knowing that something that needs to be tidied away or cleaned up.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Has anybody got a standing desk converter they'd recommend? I've discovered I'm *really* missing my standing desk, and I'm looking for something that's easily adjustable, ideally packs flat and isn't too hideous. I'm not interested in replacing my desk, I just want something to put on top of it when needed.

(I'm Googling, but recommendations are better. So far I've found the Flexispot one, which looks good.)
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Do you have a laptop and separate keyboard / mouse or a main unit and monitor? Or just a laptop?
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I'd like one of those too.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Oh yes, sorry; I have a laptop with a separate mouse as well as a separate keyboard. No external monitors.

This is the one I've seen get good reviews on US sites:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/FLEXISPOT-Stan ... op?ie=UTF8

It's quite ugly, but maybe I could store it somewhere when it's not in use. (I mean, I'd have to, it would drive me mad otherwise :)).)
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Ah, same set up as me. I'd completely forgotten at the start of this that I have a Levit8 which is a lo-fi, low cost solution. The reason I'd forgotten it is that it folds totally flat and I'd tucked it away in a cupboard so from that point of view it would suit your needs! I'm using it on a kitchen worktop though, which is already pretty high, so I'm staring dead on at the screen when I'm standing but my arms are lower than they should be at the keyboard and mouse on the worktop - it's not the worst solution though.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

That's very clever! If there was somewhere for the mouse to go that was higher up I'd definitely be interested.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

You could always fashion something temporarily with a stack of books or something - actually, I think I'll give that a go for both mouse and keyboard so that my arms are at 90 degrees :puzz:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve seen ironing boards used to great effect on Twitter as an low tech, temporary solution.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I have a stack of books already, but I can't get the mouse and keyboard involved as well. And we don't have an ironing board (plus same issue with those with not being able to raise the laptop but not the keyboard, if you see what I mean?) I need the laptop to be higher than the keyboard for ergonomic reasons.

Not meant to sound shirty; I was on a call :)).
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I didn’t time looking at these converters for work (try Viking) and they either going what you want or look nice, but never both.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

The Oploft looks much nicer (and is slimmer when not in use) but it costs a bloody fortune.

:blah:

I'll leave it a few days and see what bubbles up in my brain.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

My friend got a really nice one made by a carpenter. Unfortunately she lives in San Francisco. I think she has the design if you'd like me to get hold of it for you?
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

That's ok thanks, I'd only have to find a carpenter :)).
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Or learn carpentry.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Gosh, yes, good point. That would actually be incredibly useful.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

God, I apologise for complete lack of command of language above. Hopefully you got the gist.

Buy the nice expensive one, because you’ll only resent the cheaper uglier versions.