FML

purple_dress

Re: FML

Post by purple_dress »

I've put down one of those ant poison plastic discs outside where I think the nest is. Pray for me!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

purple, why? They will go on their own within the day, and birds depend on them for food. You could poison birds apart from anything else.
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

Sorry but we have to use them every year in my house just for the normal ants as they come in the house in great numbers. The first year we were here I left it and after a few days there were actually lines of them marching up the sides of my kitchen cupboards and across the work surfaces. The ant bait stations completely enclose the bait inside a hard plastic disc with tiny holes which the ants go into. I wouldn't use the powder or liquid that you just put straight onto the ground.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

:cry: We need a more dramatic crying smiley.

(Sorry :).)
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

We had several swarming nest sites in the garden last week. Ants have caused a load of damage in the garden this year. We organically whacked the swarms in the grass with a massive stick and the sparrows enjoyed them for breakfast the next morning.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

We have had tons of swarming ants in all the plant pots. I'm enthusiastically overwatering to make the pots a hostile environment.
Malan
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I think I preferred it when you lot were eating cat food off the floor :ttth:.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

:lol:
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

I've gone from hysterical to feeling sick over the last few posts!
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Ella77 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:45 pm purple, why? They will go on their own within the day, and birds depend on them for food. You could poison birds apart from anything else.
I love how you're always thinking of the animals/wildlife. :love2:
I'm still waiting for you to advise if I should neuter my dog. :)
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

1. I have just had to pay my entire service charge (£2K) in one hit. I didn't notice that I hadn't received the usual accounts, which the bloody managing agents insist on sending by post, last year. They break it down into a monthly charge, which I then set up a standing order for. Rather than chasing me for it when they hadn't received a couple of month's payment, they simply sent me another sodding letter at year end, saying I needed to pay up within 14 days or else.
(I do accept that this is partly my fault for not noticing I hadn't had it through. But still. OUCH.)

2. I bought a charger for the car, and for reasons too boring to explain, bought half of the mount thing up to the flat a few days ago to check something out. I tidied up on Monday and have either put it away so safely that I won't find it until I move out (I have checked every conceivable drawer and cupboard) or in a total brainfart threw the fucking thing away.

It might be time to book that one way ticket to Switzerland (I only half jest).

:fee:
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

OUCH, Del. Indeed. Not chasing you for it is really poor.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Oh ouch. Fuckers.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

That's shit, Del.

I am having to go to a salon for a colour correction consultation as the balayage the (recommended :lg: ) hairdresser gave me is NOT GOOD.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Oh balls nine - what a pain :mad:
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Bah, I think hairdressers have suffered from lack of practice, what with your and Rosy's story - my colleague also ended up with black hair rather than her usual copper...ouch!

Mine just screwed up the cut slightly, I'm glad my mullet has gone but he's cut some of my layers far too short so it looks a bit strangely disconnected. Ah well, at least I won't have to get another cut done for ages :fc:
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Our poor hair! Mine looks like a patchy grown-out bleach job rather than a gently gradation of colour. The hairdresser says that is what balayage is (!) and has offered to try to fix it, but I don't want her near it again.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Gah and the salon can do a consultation on Tuesday but they're totally booked up for the rest of July. I'm going to have to self-isolate again.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Why will you have to self isolate?
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Fuck's sake. What a shambles.