On Tuesdays we storm the Bastille

Beena

Re: On Tuesdays we storm the Bastille

Post by Beena »

Bambs got some great mom jeans from Pull and Bear, Pip.

Morning. Work. It is a 7 meeting day. :ruby: I lost my rag with one of my team last week (raging in my head, politely cool in person) for demanding detailed notes from each meeting I attend, plus a daily summary and then a weekly roundup. Not too sure what she thinks she's missing out on.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Mom jeans. :cry: Our E wears them and it's such a waste when she's 18, 6 foot 2 and has glorious legs. (This is probably not very feminist of me, plus I do remember shrouding my glorious 18 year old figure in baggy combats and enormo black jumpers).
Skips

Post by Skips »

Morning all, nothing more exciting than work for me today. I have some leftover chicken that I need to do something with so I may procrastinate and find a lunch recipe.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Ella77 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:12 am Is anybody doing anything exciting today :sman:?
:lol:

Bonjour. Today I am going to the hairdressers to see if they think they can correct my stupid crap hair colour job (done by someone else), and have a patch test.
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

I don't think I know what mom jeans are :fish:

I hope the hairdresser's goes well Nine. I missed my bi annual hair appointment in march so I'll probably wait till September and make it 12 months since my last hair cut

I'd love to be going to a cookery demonstration

Tuesday is always a good day as I go over to Liverpool to see my mum and she's super happy now she has her weekly hair appointments back and her cleaner is also back

I'll also be investigating masks as I'm confused about filter non filter etc
My nail blog - you can also link to my instagram account through there
http://naildart.blogspot.co.uk
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

F'Artiste wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:35 am
Ismee wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:21 am Good morning all

I am going to work and that's about it!

Is it an author of a cookery book, F'art or just an author who likes to cook?
An author of a cookery book, but he’s a chef as well of a restaurant in Holborn. We’ve had quite a few demonstrations from cook books recently, I think they’ve proved really popular with staff.
I'm trying to work out who the chef is!

My day will be made slightly nicer by sending one of our necklaces to an influencer I chose. One step at a time :)
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Bat Macdui wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:55 am
Marth wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:38 am Work work clean clean cook cook sleep. :))
Though possibly less cleaning. I have a haphazard approach to that. :))

If we are going off Hilary Mantel and A Place of Greater Safety, we should celebrate by going out and coming back in a lot. For 900 pages. Crochet seems appropriate, though, SunnyMum. I quite identify with the woman stood up at the back. :))
They are sporting excellent resting bitch faces :yes:
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Morning and happy Bastille day!

I am just catching my breath before a team meeting and the rest of the day will be spent working. I am already looking forward to lunch time.
Penny Century

Post by Penny Century »

Bat Macdui wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:57 am glorious legs
Pure Jilly Cooper!

I think I prefer dad jeans, if there is such a thing. I wear a lot of men's trousers these days. B wears combats like 18 year old Bats, or my old skinny jeans (which are just standard jeans on her), or black shorts with black ripped tights underneath, and big boots. She favours band t-shirts and checked shirts also. She basically seems to have been teleported in from 1994.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

emma_p wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:41 am My day will be made slightly nicer by sending one of our necklaces to an influencer I chose. One step at a time :)
Ooh - I'm trying to work out this one now!
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Morning! I took myself back to bed this morning so I am definitely not up for any storming. I have attempted napping but because my house is not completely silent it has been a fail but I have ordered a new mascara, setting powder, and then this brow gel mainly thanks to this amazing review :mog: Can’t wait to wear it all to sit in my house :lol:
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

No storming here today :( I'm wondering whether to go to a nearby small town / big village for fireworks this evening, as 95% of the displays have been cancelled. Normally every single village will have fireworks either on the 13th, or 14th, plus "the firemen's ball" in bigger towns.

I think we will have a barbecue at lunchtime though.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

That review :lol:
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

I love that review :mog:

Today I am mostly focusing on the hideous task of filling in my mid year review. I last did this kind of thing in 2012 and I had forgotten how awful it is :sad:
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

That review is amazing. :lol:

I’m currently helpfully working on A’s CV and testing his proof reading skills by adding helpful entries such as his time spent as a yacht based masseur, involvement in a local coven and keen interest in the life cycle of the common moth.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

I am also confident that I could make any pair of jeans look like mom jeans. :cry:
rosy

Post by rosy »

Morning! I’ve just finished a Zoom sewing class but no storming or revolting was involved.

That is an excellent review, Pov :lol:
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

That review is amazing, Pov. We should set you a list of challenges to see whether the brow gel holds up. :))

I’m tired this morning as last night we heard an intermittent growling which woke both Mr O and I. He jumped up, checked on the boys and declared the noise was coming from outside. I wasn’t sure so I waited on the landing until I heard it again and went down to investigate. Turns out it was a toy car in the playroom. Even though it was nothing sinister it was good to know that Mr O would have basically slept through a coyote prowling around the house ready to rip our faces off in our sleep. :lg:
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Is it Boy Brow? It's very good. I haven't tested it quite that much though :lol:.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

You not willing to get mown down for the sake of the sisterhood, Ella? Tsk.

My garden beanbags have just arrived!