Unremarkable Wednesday

sally maclennane

Unremarkable Wednesday

Post by sally maclennane »

I tried to find out if today is marking anything particular but it seems not, or not for the UK anyway.

We are half way through the week so I guess that is something. I am knackered, and have to go and dry my hair soon. I have a couple of meetings too, and will try to get out for a walk after work. It looks like a dry day here too so I have a wash on and I should be able to get it out.

Is today remarkable for you for any reason?
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Re: Unremarkable Wednesday

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Morning Sal.

We’re firmly in the dog days of Summer now.

I’m going to be delivering training from my dining room twice today and given it usually goes badly in person, I expect it to be an utter disaster virtually.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Nothing remarkable for me, I completed month end yesterday so a day of catching up with emails today.

It's nice and sunny here at the moment so I have a load in the machine which I hope to hang out later. I should get my old washing machine, a carpet and a headboard collected by the council later.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Morning! It’s International Tiger Day today! Rah!

Chores are scheduled here. This will delight the children.
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Morning.

Today is our seven year wedding anniversary. We will celebrate it by getting stressed in work and popping a wash on.
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

Morning.

Wednesday is wholly unremarkable here too. I have to work and it's very hot, so I will mostly be hiding indoors.

Good luck with the training, Pip. I hope it goes better than you anticipate.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

I am going for a haircut :frolic:
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Morning! Happy Tiger day and anniversary Jupiter!

Hope the training goes better than expected, Pip.

I have a work call this evening but the day is my oyster.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Happy anniversary Jupiter!

Today is unremarkable for me too. I have just 30 minutes that are not booked up for meetings so will be bouncing off the walls by the end of the day. I really hope this culture doesn't continue long term as it's often difficult to even get to the loo. Outlook should default to offering a 55 minute slot.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Blimey Jupiter, 7 years already!

That sounds stressful Heebs, I have taken to blocking out time in my calendar for lunch etc
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Heebie Jeebie wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:28 am Happy anniversary Jupiter!

Today is unremarkable for me too. I have just 30 minutes that are not booked up for meetings so will be bouncing off the walls by the end of the day. I really hope this culture doesn't continue long term as it's often difficult to even get to the loo. Outlook should default to offering a 55 minute slot.
I feel your pain. I was waiting three hours to go to the toilet last week in between meetings.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Morning! I have a painful 2 hour team meeting this morning so I am going to do my nails during that :star of the month: and then another couple of long boring meetings surrounding that too.

Happy anniversary Jupiter. :love2:
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Happy Anniversary Jupiter and Happy Tiger Day everyone!

Nothing exciting here either; usual mix of work calls followed by exercise then dinner. Plus my weekly video call with my parents.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Morning. I got the conference call memo but seeing as it’s a recurring weekly meeting called Tea and Cake I suspect I’ll survive. There is a BT engineer outside my window messing about with cables prior to installing full fibre in a couple of weeks. After all the trouble we had getting decent broadband at all I am unfeasibly excited about this. Later I have to go to Sainsburys and a football club AGM which will bring me back down to Earth.

ETA Happy Anniversary Jupiter!
Last edited by Texaco Shirley on Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luna

Post by Luna »

Tiger day - raaaaah.

Ugh. I feel all kinds of shite today.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Cerise wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:18 am Morning! It’s International Tiger Day today! Rah!
I detect a fellow The Week Junior subscriber 🐯

Happy anniversary, Jupiter! And happy (hopeful) last day, Bea!

I managed about 3hrs sleep last night but fortunately today is a holiday club day so I plan to relax. I'd like to go back to bed but the pigs need exercise and I can't yet leave them alone in their run, however no-one appears to have told them of my sacrifice and they are all hiding under their shelter, getting no exercise at all :lg:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

It’s going great so far; only one of six people have turned up. My colleague’s screen is strobing and he might have a seizure. I can’t help from home!
Last edited by Pippedydeadeye on Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Loralei wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:10 am
Cerise wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:18 am Morning! It’s International Tiger Day today! Rah!
I detect a fellow The Week Junior subscriber
Hah, yes! But I read it in the bath the other night when I was between books. :))
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Good Morning all

Happy tiger day and anniversary Jupes and enjoy your haircut, Ken.

I hope you get a nap in Lora.

I've been for a long walk and a coffee with my neighbour, the kids are lounging in their PJ's still. Mr Is has been on a work meeting call for ages and I was waiting to talk to him but I'm just going to have a shower.

I'm going to pop to Primark after lunch and then visit my Mum. I want to get some of the white pumps I always get for summer and a couple of bits for the kids.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:11 am It’s going great so far; only one of six people have turned up. My colleague’s screen is strobing and he might have a seizure. I can’t help from home!
You can help by telling him to turn his screen off. :twitch:

I am celebrating International Tiger Day by booking tickets to Longleat for a couple of weeks’ time. I am going to try and keep it a secret from F & S. I am excited to get to see koalas again!

Furlough life continues. MrD is having enough conference calls today for the both of us. :)) My children are at nursery and holiday club, so I am just chilling in the garden with a cup of tea and a pain au raisin. Might watch some Netflix in a bit, might not. 💁🏼‍♀️