Married At First Sight

Mountain Goat

Re: Married At First Sight

Post by Mountain Goat »

:mog: I know. I was all "this is how all these women who had a close shave with Ted Bundy felt about him". And then having to qualify it with "I might be being a bit unfair". :))
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Roma

Post by Roma »

Gaslighting is exactly right! I didn’t really get that vibe at the start. I think i just felt sorry for him to be jilted straight after the wedding.

I wonder if the first wife picked up on that’s why she did a runner.
Pawpads

Post by Pawpads »

Roma wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:23 pm I also like the chatty woman/shy man couple, but cannot remember their names.

Vanessa and Andy. I like them too and Andy is really trying so hard to come out of his shell.
Bendywendywoo

Post by Bendywendywoo »

I find it quite telling that the broadcasting guy referred to it as a competition the night Cheryl and the gaslighter returned to the show together. I'm not sure why he thinks anyone elses relationship affects his chances of "winning" but I definitely doubt his motives.
Heartsick.blog
Roma

Post by Roma »

Yes, the competition comment was quite strange. It’s not like there’s a prize at the end (other than a potential long term relationship).
Pawpads

Post by Pawpads »

I got home from work this morning at 12.30 and watched last nights episode thinking that it was the last one.
I'm now shattered and grumpy and will potentially do it all again tonight.
Roma

Post by Roma »

I’m not sure when it finishes, maybe tomorrow?

Tonight is the renewal of vows and then I’m hoping we get a follow to see how they are doing a few months down the line.
Pawpads

Post by Pawpads »

AND, I've just seen that series 5 starts next month.
Roma

Post by Roma »

Pawpads wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:26 am AND, I've just seen that series 5 starts next month.
Can’t wait!

So, I think it this series will finish tomorrow . Today we have the twins and then Sean/Susan and Nadia/ broadcasting guy tomorrow. I hope we get a follow up, but if not I’ll google once the series is over.

I actually warmed a little bit to broadcasting guy yesterday. He seemed a bit more vulnerable and quite caring with Nadia.

I’m not holding out much hope for Jesse and twin.
Bendywendywoo

Post by Bendywendywoo »

I feel like Michelle has been quite dishonest with Jesse the entire series. She's let him believe she's into him when she really isn't. She should have ended it long ago.
Heartsick.blog
Pawpads

Post by Pawpads »

I think if Sharon had told Michelle to fall in love with Jesse, she would have. Michelle just seemed to want to be told what to do all the time - no matter who by.

I've no idea why I got so mixed up with thinking that the series was ending earlier this week.
Roma

Post by Roma »

I had the feeling that she knew from the start that she didn’t want to be with Jesse, but wanted to stay “in the experience” with her sister to the end.

I agree she relied on other people’s views instead of making her own mind up. She was very also very dependent on her sister.
Pawpads

Post by Pawpads »

The way that this has and continues to be dragged out is ridiculous. I've checked my planned recording thing on my TiVo and it's going on til next weekend-ish with bloody reunion dinner parties and whatnot.

I'm so very disappointed that Nadia chose to stay with Anthony. When you say something like, "The good outweighs the bad" in your recommitment vows, it speaks volumes.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I was very disappointed too. He's just vile.

I've completely read up on all of the couples now so know who are or are no longer together.
Pawpads

Post by Pawpads »

I'm trying not to read up on them but I'm on earlies all next week which throws my TV plans out the window.
Roma

Post by Roma »

I’m trying not to read up on them either, but I really expected it to be over by now!

I don’t think Anthony and Nadia will last, but who knows. She must see something in him.
Roma

Post by Roma »

So tonight we’ll finally see Andrew being confronted with boys night. He’ll just blame his actions on boys banter I’m sure. He’ll never take responsibility for his actions. I think he’s convinced himself that he’s really likeable and somehow superior to the women he’s dating.

Also, I’m disgusted with Anthony. The way he treated Nadia is just disgusting.
Pawpads

Post by Pawpads »

I am very much looking forward to tonight. I'm really pleased that the experts are actually going to show the rest of the group what happened too. I was hating the thought of "Jonesey" just getting away with his behaviour and everyone continuing to blame Cheryl for everything.
Anthony just strolling in late to the meal just spoke volumes about him but I liked how nobody really made a big deal of him finally showing up.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

I will be interested to see what the twins make of Jonesy being outed for the dick he is; they’ve been gushingly supportive of him and he’s just not a good guy at all.
Roma

Post by Roma »

Edith Bacon wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:01 pm I will be interested to see what the twins make of Jonesy being outed for the dick he is; they’ve been gushingly supportive of him and he’s just not a good guy at all.
I think they’ve just not seen that side of him before and they never took to Cheryl really.

I do feel for Cheryl. Her first husband and Andrew were annoyed that she didn’t immediately fancy them and she’s been made out to be the villain when she’s done nothing wrong. I think she’s been judged on her looks and strong personality instead of her actual behaviour