Thursday - the day of friendship

bramblerose

Thursday - the day of friendship

Post by bramblerose »

Morning chums :))

It's the International Day of Friendship, so big love to you all.

Have you got an nice day planned?

We've been for a walk in the rain. It's supposed to brighten up later.

Work this morning then I must do some housework.

That's the extent of my plans!
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Heebie Jeebie

Re: Thursday - the day of friendship

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Morning. I've been for a walk in the rain too. It's not to get brighter here :sad:

I'm starting work a little late after putting in a long day yesterday and wondering whether to have toast or fruit for breakfast part 2.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Morning friends in my computer: :))

I am waiting for the optician to open, I need contact lenses and they only open between 9 and 11 just now. Handily there is a Costa beside it so I can pick up a coffee and a roll there once I get my lenses.

Its a real dreich day here, looks like rain is forecast all day :lg:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Demelza

Post by Demelza »

Morning all. It's a beautiful day here but I will be spending the morning looking for a new car with Mr D, one of my least favourite things to do and guaranteed to provoke many rows. Unfortunately it's not worth making the numerous repairs needed to our current car (but I love that car! I'm really sad to get rid of it). Wish me luck.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Hello my lovely, lovely friends.

My day was crappy and I suspect the next couple of weeks in work will be similar :ella: So I went and got a bottle of Pinot noir on the way home and will be having steak on the bbq later. That should improve things in the short term.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Good morning, lovely imaginary friends!

It’s lovely in the south and due to be 27 degrees today (sorry not sorry). We’re heading out for a long walk before it gets too hot.

ETA: if it helps hate me less, I just slammed my finger in the washing machine door
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Ooh ouch, Cerise. That reminds me, I have a breast screening appointment later :))
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
viggy

Post by viggy »

bramblerose wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:07 am Ooh ouch, Cerise. That reminds me, I have a breast screening appointment later :))
Oh God :lol:

Don't feel too sad for us waterlogged Scots, we're due 25 degrees and sunny tomorrow. :weewee:

I'm working this morning, and BM's friends are coming round to play in our house later. I've found a nice level of comfort with the Mum that I no longer feel the need to tidy up in advance, which helps.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Ouch, Cerise (and Bramble) :cry:

It's due to be beautiful here, too, and I am childless for the day. Might be too hot for me to sit out though, as my sun allergy is bad this year. I had the most immense nap yesterday; it was a bit chilly to be in the hammock so I wrapped myself in a fluffy blanket and slept like a baby :lol:
Penny Century

Post by Penny Century »

Estrella wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:52 am Hello my lovely, lovely friends.

My day was crappy and I suspect the next couple of weeks in work will be similar :ella: So I went and got a bottle of Pinot noir on the way home and will be having steak on the bbq later. That should improve things in the short term.
Sorry about your crappy day Est. Hope the Pinot and BBQ helps.

Bit grey and drizzly here but I've still got high hopes for tomorrow's sunshine. Nothing exciting happening today apart from a quick trip into town to pick up a food order.
Roma

Post by Roma »

Sorry for the slammed finger and breast screening.

It’s lovely weather in London today and I’m looking forward to a lunchtime walk and sitting out on my balcony for a coffee and a nice (phone) chat with a friend this afternoon. Other than that just work, work, work.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Ouch Cerise!

I'm in the office today and have left my breakfast at home. I have eaten all the fruit I also brought with me but suspect today will be tough. I hate the local Tesco and don't really want to go there. I'm not in the office tomorrow so today is my Friday.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Happy International Friendship Day one and all! It is indeed hot in London and I do not have to work. So I am going to sack off the cleaning for today too and have a walk and a read and a coffee and a toast and maybe a wine later!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Morning all. It is lovely and sunny here.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

Talk to me about your sun allergy, Lora...! I have started getting massive headaches if I stay out too long. :sad:

It is a beautiful day here. My children are being horrible but they are shortly off to Nanna’s for the day so :bounce:

I have no plans but do have a few more things that I want to get done before returning to work. Deep cleaning the kitchen, glossing and hiring a carpet cleaner. Maybe tomorrow though.

:shoe:
F'Artiste

Post by F'Artiste »

Morning!

It’s beautiful outside and there’s a massive fat wood pigeon trying to land in one of our spindly little bay trees :love:. My only real plans are some after work drinks to celebrate some project work that went live ahead of schedule (to our surprise as I had been warning it would be late), which will be very odd as it’ll involve sitting on a Teams call by the laptop and ignoring the children.
Teasel

Post by Teasel »

Morning! It is wet here but forecast to dry up at least. I need a few bits of shopping so we will have a walk in a bit. Nothing else planned.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

We're in semi-heatwave conditions here today. It's day 1 of 2 or 3 predicted, so shutters are closed and we'll shortly close the windows on the north side, having already shut the southern facing ones. It's such a shame being in the dark when it's so beautiful outside. I really really want to go for a swim somewhere.

Some git is doing something with a power tool on the other side of the square so I've had to shut the window facing them early :mad:

Just work and remembering to use plenty of vegetables in our meals today, both for diet reasons and because I got a veg crate yesterday. :fc: that the avocados are nice rather than rock solid / already brown.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Good morning all

It's very warm here. I have a load of bedding in the machine to hang out and I will get the paddling pool out as it's forecast to be 34 degrees tomorrow!

We have to stay at home until H's Corona test is done and we've for the results back but I don't think we'd have gone far anyway.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Wishing you perfect avocadoes, PG 🥑

Thanks, Penny. I’ve had a glass now, and the kids are asleep and things are looking a bit better. It’s just pressure at work, with the addition of losing one of my team with one day’s notice so I’m having to try and pick that up too.

Dands, a sun allergy sounds positively un-Australian!