HAPPY Friday.

Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

HAPPY Friday.

Post by Marth »

MORNING. I'm on AL for the day and I'm going camping (very locally) with the boys and three friends :perky:

Only 6 people allowed on each pitch and we have to get there by 1pm! My friend is picking up our stuff in her car and I'm getting the bus with the offspring. That will be nice in 33 degree heat!

I'm not sure how I will fare with my buggered back, but I have a blow up mattress.
I'm cooking pasta and veggie sausages now so dinner is sorted for this evening.

What's happening up your end?
Malan
Heebie Jeebie

Re: HAPPY Friday.

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Good morning Marth. I hope you will enjoy camping and not make your back worse.

I am off and my parents will come for a barbecue later so we'll need to nip out for more sausages this morning. Other than that I don't know what we'll do. I might give Beebie the hose and let him play, if the neighbours aren't in their garden.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Morning All, I'm just about to get ready and go for my morning walk. Then it's work with only one thirty minute call which is good.

Marth hope you have a great time and more importantly that your back doesn't cause you any trouble.
Hope everyone has a lovely day today.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Happy camping, Marthus. I hope the blow up mattress is sufficient to avoid back pain. :yes:

I am NOT WORKING today. :frolic: I am not sure what to do in 30 degrees later though. I am not good at 30 degrees.
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

Morning. It's apparently going to be 33 here today too. I'm probably going to hide from the heat indoors with all the doors and windows open.

Just work and picking up a couple of parcels from the post office today.

Enjoy the camping, Marth!
Last edited by purple_dress on Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

I will spend a hot and sweaty day packing and cleaning before our holiday.

Enjoy camping with your chaps, Marth!
Lola

Post by Lola »

Morning. It’s going to be 33 degrees here too. I’m going to try keeping the windows & curtains closed to see if that keeps it cooler inside. I can’t have the doors & windows wide open because of the cat who is not allowed out for 4 weeks. Great timing :))
speedy gonzalez

Post by speedy gonzalez »

I'm working today. Should have been a day off yesterday but ended up being a partial day off as earlier in the week we had a massive leak in our student IT room at the hospital where I'm normally based. So that's been interesting to try and sort out !
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Lola wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:40 am Morning. It’s going to be 33 degrees here too. I’m going to try keeping the windows & curtains closed to see if that keeps it cooler inside. I can’t have the doors & windows wide open because of the cat who is not allowed out for 4 weeks. Great timing :))
Science says it will but brains say it can’t possibly be that way! :))
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Morning.

I’m off again too, very much enjoyed my three day week.

My plans for today include dance step at the gym (going to be so weird and I can’t imagine how bad I’ll be!), and taking the kids to Calke again this afternoon. Hopefully we’ll find some shade. We’ve got friends coming for dinner, which I have checked & double checked the guidance on.
Lola

Post by Lola »

Mr L has just opened the curtains in his bedroom where he works all day because he “likes the light” :ella: He’ll be roasting by 9am :))
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Morning. Our house is always cool downstairs for which i am grateful on hot days.

Half day for us so we're going to go for our walk later, have an ice cream then go to a spin class later.

I shall try not to sleep the afternoon away like I did yesterday!
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Enjoy the camping, Marth!

I am shattered, I had a terrible sleep, Im really struggling to fall asleep these days but normally once I get to sleep, I'm fine. However last night, it took ages to get to sleep then I woke up after an hour and a half. I eventually took 2 cocodamol because it was the only way I could think of to get some sleep. Then when I got up, I decided to go to Costa and I drove off without the bacon roll I'd ordered and didn't realise till I got home :cry:

I have a fairly busy day ahead so I will mainly be focusing on not falling asleep on my laptop!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Teasel

Post by Teasel »

Oh no Sal!

We are heading to the beach today and meeting some friends. I expect it will be busy but it's a huge beach so hopefully enough space to keep a distance :fc:
Skips

Post by Skips »

Good morning! I am not logging into work today but I am heading to Ikea. I'm also hoping to get loads of laundry done.
Glint

Post by Glint »

Morning, I’m holding off until 10am and then I will mow the grass.

Exciting!
indigo

Post by indigo »

Skips wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:11 am Good morning! I am not logging into work today but I am heading to Ikea. I'm also hoping to get loads of laundry done.
Ooh, Skips, could you have a sit on the Kivik sofa for me and let me know if it's comfy? It's OOS at my local IKEA and it's the one I really fancy.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Morning. It’s so hot! We are going to have tea with our neighbours in the pub garden later and then an online quiz with friends. Just work to get through first.
Skips

Post by Skips »

indigo wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:58 am
Skips wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:11 am Good morning! I am not logging into work today but I am heading to Ikea. I'm also hoping to get loads of laundry done.
Ooh, Skips, could you have a sit on the Kivik sofa for me and let me know if it's comfy? It's OOS at my local IKEA and it's the one I really fancy.
No problem, I will get J's opinion too.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Good morning. I am having breakfast in the garden as the cleaner is here. We had no plans but my friend whose daughter has just come out of hospital has invited us for a bbq lunch, so that's today sorted. O is doing well and is allowed visitors, but not to go out, so it suits us all.

Sal, the doctor has recommended Sominex for me, if it might help to keep some in? It's an antihistamine, so no dependency issues, and it's OTC. I now know that if I'm not asleep by midnight I'll be awake most of the night, so take one then.