Yorkshire Saturday

Wiggle

Yorkshire Saturday

Post by Wiggle »

Happy Yorkshire Day everyone!

I have just fed Tom and about to get ready. We are off to meet friends today for a socially distanced walk and picnic. I need to go to the butchers and get breakfast scotch eggs (egg wrapped in sausage meat and bacon).

What is every one else doing?
Cerise

Re: Yorkshire Saturday

Post by Cerise »

I am going to the beach! :frolic: And doing some exploring, I think.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I've been pestered for food by Tilly already and she's now back on the bed asleep.

I'm going to have crumpets and coffee soon then we are going to blitz the house. My plans to do it during the week fell through.

Other than that, we might do a bit of food shopping. I fancy something different for dinner but I'm not sure what.

Those scotch eggs sound amazing! Enjoy your picnic!
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Good morning! I am going to continue to decorate our bedroom - its the light blue today. Burgers for dinner tonight which I need to get out of the freezer.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Morning! I have no specific plans today - I do need to do some batch cooking as I’ve run out of prepared breakfasts and soups. Other than that, it’s a blank slate.

Those scotch eggs sound immense.
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

Morning! I am going for an eye test this morning, which is exciting as it should lead to new glasses and therefore the ability to see things properly again!

This afternoon we are going round to sit in my mum’s garden to drink sparkling rosé.

I would quite like a breakfast scotch egg, if there’s one left over, please.
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

I wondered why wiggle felt the need to describe scotch eggs for a minute ! They sound good.

Dog walk, housework, exercise for me, then I’m out for Italian food with eldest tonight.

It seems a few of our restaurants are closed permanently following lockdown, as well as some independents, Bill ‘s isn’t reopening and Zizzi looks doubtful. I like Bill’s and am quite sad about it.
indigo

Post by indigo »

That's reminded me of the Scott Chegg meme that I think also makes ismee laugh.

Thanks to Cerise I've discovered that Weston has a train station! I didn't think any beachy places round here did and I have been longing to see the sea.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Yeah, it’s about a ten minute walk or so to the beach.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I am at the beach too, eating my first breakfast outside and sniffing in the fig, roses and lavender from the garden in an effort to avoid smelling like a cafe as S is making him and G sausage sandwiches.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Morning. Tabitha, my aunt's cat who's currently staying with us, has peed on the floor, twice. I woke up with her 'burying' the one in my bedroom and then nearly stood in a second when I went into the hall. So I'm now waiting for pets at home to open so I can go and buy cleaning spray. :ella:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Good morning!

I am celebrating Yorkshire day by vowing never to drink again. However, the new Hendricks Solstice gin was lovely.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Oh no Shoe! Is that usual behaviour for her?

I'm most confused as I was off yesterday so today feels like Sunday. I'm also grumpy and tired after being up with Beebie twice in the night, so will mostly spend today eating and drinking tea.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Morning. I am going to football, A’s first post lockdown match.
F'Artiste

Post by F'Artiste »

Morning! I’m going to meet a friend for a distanced walk in the park. The first real life person I’ve seen outside of A, the kids and his family since March :perky:.

Later this afternoon I plan to continue painting the woodwork as it’s half done.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

indigo wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:16 am Thanks to Cerise I've discovered that Weston has a train station! I didn't think any beachy places round here did and I have been longing to see the sea.
No point going to Weston then :)) I'm down there today, Tuesday and Thursday if you want a lift home.

I'm at the hairdresser. It's lovely to see them but I had forgotten they couldn't offer me a cup of tea. P did make one this morning but the milk was off :cry:
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Oh no Shoe. I hope Tabitha is ok and your carpet recovers.

Today I am setting up my new computer and then playing golf later. I got a text yesterday saying my new golf stuff would be delivered on Monday, then they texted this morning to say it would be delivered today so I’ve rearranged my tee time so I can use my new trolley and wear my new shoes :weewee:
rosy

Post by rosy »

Urgh, Shoe, I hope Tabitha isn’t ill.

Another weekend of motor racing beckons, interspersed with the bare minimum of housework :))
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

Oh no Shoe, I hope she is ok!

I love the sound of those breakfast scotch eggs.

We had a Yorkshire food box delivered by Morrisons on Thursday, so we are going to celebrate Yorkshire day in Mid Wales later with a lovely picnic full of fine Yorkshire treats!
indigo

Post by indigo »

Thank you, Lora but I don't think we're going until the end of the month. I'll let you know though, so you can come and pick us up. :lol: