Yorkshire Saturday

Loralei

Re: Yorkshire Saturday

Post by Loralei »

LoraCabs đźš• (Unfortunately I'm going to be down there frequently for a bit so let me know.)
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Like Rosy I am having a channel 4 F1 weekend - also with minimum housework. I have just eaten a whole punnet of cherries (200g) and they were delicious.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Are cherries ridiculously expensive in the UK? They are $$$ here and I can’t remember now if they were always expensive.

I dreamt I was drinking wine and woke up absolutely gutted as I’ve been alcohol free for ages now. I remember going through this when I quit smoking except I struggled to smoke smoking and haven’t given alcohol a second thought.

We’re off to a socially distant birthday party today, it’s outside and only 3 doors up but as it’s so hot the party is at 9.30am.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Cherries are always expensive in my experience.

I took Chunk to his swimming lesson, and we can now safely say I will never be taking him again. I can’t believe how long it’s taken for this battle of wills to play out, and that I tried to win for so long. What a fool I’ve been.
indigo

Post by indigo »

Pip. What happened? Are you OK?
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m fine. The little shitbag hit me and told me to “f off”, so I’m no longer speaking to him. It’s a real shame because he’d moved up a level & his new teacher was really quite fit. Anyway, I’ve emailed and cancelled. But annoyingly, we have to pay for August. Morally I feel we should. It’s always been a real pain, but I thought he was going to be ok. He was fine right up until the point he was supposed to get in the water, he even signed a contract this morning saying he’d go!
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Can he swim profociently Pip? If he can don't even feel guilty! You've done your job.

Cherries are ruinously expensive, especially in the US. They're usually from Oregon/WA so a really long way from you, and where we were, Olive. I bought a bag of local Kent cherries yesterday and they were delicious but stained my fingers and the smart blue shorts I'd just bought for George (the one time in forever he's NOT been wearing navy jogger shorts :cry: ).
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Cherries are always extortionate, it annoys me.

Tabs is fine, it was rage related because we dared to go out yesterday afternoon and leave her alone. I've given in and let her outside, she should be fine now. :fc:
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I don't like cherries so am at least saving some money.

Hello all, and Happy Yorkshire Day! I have been to visit my mum and sat inside for the first time since March. My SD has been shielding but that was paused today in Scotland so it was nice to spend time inside with them.

J has been to see his kids, and we are now watching the football. We are having steak for dinner :ready:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Happy Yorkshire Day!

I now would like Scotch eggs with bacon or cherries, please. Instead, I had watery scrambled eggs and undercooked bacon for brunch. I suggested to Mr5 that we do no chores today, so we're just repeatedly asking each other what we should do instead.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

That sounds so stressful, Pip but if he’s proficient then don’t feels bad about sacking it off. Hats off to you for persevering as long as you did.

I’m glad I’m not overpaying for cherries vs everyone else. The boys will eat a bag in one sitting so they always feel like such bad value to me.

Watery scrambled eggs and undercooked bacon sounds very grim, Five. I would planning a very nice next meal if I were you.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

indigo wrote: ↑Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:16 am That's reminded me of the Scott Chegg meme that I think also makes ismee laugh.
Screenshot_20200801-194701.png
:mog:
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Evening all

I'm sorry for your stressful swimming lesson, Pip.

I have had a nice day which includes a very long bike ride to an ice cream farm and back.

Mr Is has decided to paint around the door out the front but I am knackered and starving and we all wanted to watch a film but that isn't going to happen now as I still have to make dinner. I am annoyed.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

I hope the swimming refuser has been contrite this evening.

I won't be making anything nice to eat, Olive, because it's humid and grey out and I'm pathetically lazy today. I will put rice, chicken and some Campbells soup in a dish and bake it instead. I can't ask Mr5 to cook as he's the one who made the disgusting brunch and is all proud of himself because I complimented him (whilst feeding a good bit of it to the dogs). In another lie, I said I didn't want to spend all day watching TV (so the TV is off) and all I want to do is lay on the couch and binge-watch something.