Sunday.

Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Sunday.

Post by Marth »

Morning all.

I hope I haven't missed some relevant title for today.

I came back from camping a day early, due to my airbed breaking, no sleep at all, and my back breaking :)) . Luckily there was a bus I could get. SB1 stayed with my friends, and it does fill me with joy that my 22 yr old son enjoys spending time with my 53 year old friends :)) They were all doing yoga and singing the last WhatsApp video I saw.

I have no FOMO though, I was quite happy at home alone last night with spaghetti and wine and lots of sleep.

Anyway it's really nice being at home with no one else here. (SB2 came back with me and went to his dad's). I'm pottering about and I'm just about to go and tidy the garden a little bit whilst I await the campers return.

What of your Sunday?
Malan
purple_dress

Re: Sunday.

Post by purple_dress »

Marth - that's so lovely about SB1 and your friends. As a mum of two boys that really makes me feel weepy! Sorry about your back.

I'm going to a friend's house (garden) for a very posh picnic (Popham's) with her and two other friends. Adult female conversation IRL!! I'm very excited.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

It really is lovely that your son wants to hang out with your friends :hbeat:

I'll need to fit my day around waiting for my ex to jump start my car, so I can take it to the garage. It's a shame the car is not working because I read that the world's largest aircraft (Antonov AN225) will be landing at Prestwick this afternoon and Beebie would have loved to see it. But instead we'll go for a walk and cycle and hopefully visit the local street market.
Marth

Post by Marth »

purple_dress wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:05 am Marth - that's so lovely about SB1 and your friends. As a mum of two boys that really makes me feel weepy! Sorry about your back.

I'm going to a friend's house (garden) for a very posh picnic (Popham's) with her and two other friends. Adult female conversation IRL!! I'm very excited.
We are a boy offspring large friendship group, and all the older boys seem fond of us all. They have known us all their lives. I was first person to hold my friend's now 25 yr old monster of a man after her and her bloke. We make them call us "the aunties" because it amuses us. They are good sports :lol: (SB2 doesn't really speak to anyone, but he will hug them unprompted on greeting (pre covid).)

It was very nice having adult female conversation Friday night. Enjoy your picnic!

I've got a referral to physio, Beatrix and possibly an MRI. (I cant remember lol).
Malan
Skips

Post by Skips »

Morning, there was a rave going all night so I feel like poop.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... 2HHv2Vv5oA

I wanted to finish my new chest of drawers but the back of a drawer is missing so I'll need to get in touch with Ikea.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Morning.

That’s lovely Marth. Not the back thing, the boys thing.

Squeak wants me to take her to Hobbycraft today. I’d really rather not, but I’m going to try to be a better and nicer person.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

Was it a good party, skips? :))

Morning all! It is absolutely pouring with rain here. Not the nice weather that was forecasted. :cry: I am thinking about heading to the Clark’s outlet for school shoes for F, followed by a walk up to Glastonbury Tor but that looks doubtful now.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Good morning all

I am sorry about your back, Marth but love that SB1 stayed with your friends and glad you enjoyed your evening of peace. How is SB1 doing these days?

Mr Is has also been referred for an MRI and physio as is having a horrible time with his back. They did say there isn't really any physio happening at the moment though.

I have a huge coldsore which is horrible.

I am about to make a vegetable stew and hopefully get time to run a hoover around. Then I am popping in to see my Mum and Dad and then meeting my Sister and a friend for lunch and a mooch around Primark. I want to get the white pumps I always get for summer.

At least the mask will hide my coldsore! :silverlining:
Skips

Post by Skips »

Dandelion wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:57 am Was it a good party, skips? :))
:lol: the music was terrible :old:
Glint

Post by Glint »

Morning!

Easy start to the day here as this afternoon will involve the start of S's friendly golf competitions.
Heebie Jeebie wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:07 am It's a shame the car is not working because I read that the world's largest aircraft (Antonov AN225) will be landing at Prestwick this afternoon and Beebie would have loved to see it.
I'm sure you know it's due around 2.30pm and I'd imagine Ayrshire Daily News will be doing a live feed if you can't make it down.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Thanks Glint, I will look out for that if we're home or find it online later if not.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Morning All, I am back from a 5.5mile walk and got inside just before it started to rain. Once ready we are heading to the garden centre for some new plants and possibly new pots too.
Nothing else planned for the day.

Hope everyone has a lovely day
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Morning all. We’re off to look for red squirrels on Brownsea Island.

Sorry for your cut short camping, Marth.
Marth

Post by Marth »

Cerise wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:21 am Morning all. We’re off to look for red squirrels on Brownsea Island.

How lovely! I hoep you see some.

My friend used to work in the cafe there, and had to get a boat to work each day! :))
Malan
rosy

Post by rosy »

Morning! Sorry your back is still bad, Marth, and for your lack of sleep, Skips.

More motor racing today (great to see a British winner of this morning's F2 race) and I'm trawling twitter trying to get hints as to which MP this might be https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53625829
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

We've been out for a gentle bike ride which involved a breakfast stop.

Just about to get showered and changed.then I must make a start on some ironing.

I hope you get your back sorted, Marth
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Hello everybody. We have been out for a lovely walk in the country park and then brought some coffee and cakes home. I gave myself brain freeze by drinking a smoothie quickly :cry:

J is watching F1 just now, then the football is on at half four so we'll watch that before dinner.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Little My

Post by Little My »

We've got a big storm headed our way, so I'm not sure if we'll get out for some air before that hits. Otherwise, the day will be spent unpacking/cleaning/repacking camping gear. And the house could use a good tidy too. In order to balance out the toil, I think a bit of baking and a long reading session would be nice.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

I hope your back pain eases, Marth.

We're watching F1 and then will decide if we're doing work in the garden or indoor sorting and decluttering, depending on the weather. I'd also like to finish my book and get on to something a bit more interesting. I woke up at 4 am thinking about work, but I will not sign on today, the working week is already long enough, even WFH.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Marth wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:38 am
Cerise wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:21 am Morning all. We’re off to look for red squirrels on Brownsea Island.

How lovely! I hoep you see some.

My friend used to work in the cafe there, and had to get a boat to work each day! :))
Sadly, it was not to be today but we did see a couple of deer and loads of peacocks including this mum with four chicks. I also bought home two peacock feathers that we found on the floor.