Covid-19

Rebel Pebble

Re: The Bats Fully Approved Thread about Covid-19

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Hunting is exempt. HUNTING. That tells you all you need to know.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Well, judging by my walk home this evening through town, it'll be irrelevant soon anyway. Nobody was paying the blinded bit of attention to the restrictions, so I can't imagine it'll be long before more drastic measures are taken.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Rebel Pebble wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:05 pm Hunting is exempt. HUNTING. That tells you all you need to know.
Well it’s a sport isn’t it my good man Ho Ho Ho
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Kleio wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:08 pm
Rebel Pebble wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:05 pm Hunting is exempt. HUNTING. That tells you all you need to know.
Well it’s a sport isn’t it my good man Ho Ho Ho
Yah.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Derek Nimmo wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:07 pm Well, judging by my walk home this evening through town, it'll be irrelevant soon anyway. Nobody was paying the blinded bit of attention to the restrictions, so I can't imagine it'll be long before more drastic measures are taken.
They want an excuse that doesn't involve their own venal, deliberate incompetence and they're going to get it.
smalex

Post by smalex »

It really makes me want to have my entire family round every weekend in resentment (we won't, obviously)
It was my birthday yesterday and we went ahead and my sisters lot and my parents came round. We went to the park to play a silly game of cricket come rounders in the sunshine. And then it was time to leave and my sister cried which made me and mum cry, because this is probably it now in terms of being together until who knows when. And we know we're so lucky because our numbers mean we can still see each other just not all together (for now, at least) . My point is its painful and difficult for so many people. But sure. Go hunting. What the fuck.
Last edited by smalex on Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

It’s the absolute opposite of a sport. Sport requires that both sides know they’re playing (and agree to play. Cunts.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

I’ve just seen this post in a local Facebook page (not a school my children attend)
Not normally one to post, but I really am quite upset about this. My daughter came home from first day back in yr 11 at xxxxx academy last Wednesday and said her pe group had been made to all link arms, as in the whole class. Today she has come home upset as her maths teacher this morning apologised to the class explaining she was waiting for a call that she had to answer. Teachers son was showing signs of Covid and was awaiting results, in the meantime she was waiting for a call to tell her what time she could get tested! Call came and she said she would have to see out the lesson so they didn’t need a supply teacher to cover. Many of the children begged her to leave straight away. Teacher has since been told not to return to school till she has results back. School was apparently aware of her situation this morning prior to her appointment for testing. My daughter along side god knows how many other children are now panicking as they have had to sit in a lesson with her. I just think parents need to be aware of how irresponsible the school has been over addressing this.
I’m conscious that we are only getting one side of the situation and it’s second/third hand. But still :banghead:
Last edited by Edith Bacon on Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Ella77 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:13 pm It’s the absolute opposite of a sport. Sport requires that both sides know they’re playing (and agree to play. Cunts.
Totally Ella but when have they ever done something that makes sense.

I really don’t understand how the children can be in school with 30 other classmates but step out of the door and not be allowed to play outside together? I could go to the pub with 5 other friends tonight, have lunch with 5 others tomorrow and then stop off and see a household of 5 more on the way home. It’s all a bunch of shite.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Oh, man, Edith!
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Bloody hell Edith!
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Bunch of shite indeed.

Also if people really do think their Rear Window neighbour is going to be counting people in the garden then they're more likely to..... stay inside. Well that's SO much better. :woteva:
rosy

Post by rosy »

Bloody hell.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Local FB is full of people inquiring about grouse shooting parties for toddlers :lol:
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

I'm just venting but I knew once the schools and universities went back, it would be all bets off - it just stands to reason. I'm not advocating we stay in lockdown forever, but with our shambles of a government and their lack of proper testing...well, no sodding surprise. The rule of six thing is just fiddling as Rome begins to burn again.
Panda

Post by Panda »

It just seems crazy that at the same time kids are going back to school and people are being encouraged back into workplaces, the number of lab staff is drastically reduced due to technicians returning to university and test become ridiculously hard to come by. Surely someone somewhere could have foreseen this :banghead:
Luce

Post by Luce »

I'm sorry, Smal, it's so shit x
smalex

Post by smalex »

Oh don't be sorry for us, we're way better off than a lot of people. Fucking hunting though. Hunting. Fuck off.
Luce

Post by Luce »

I definitely am though, I'm sorry for all of us.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

smalex wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:13 pm Oh don't be sorry for us, we're way better off than a lot of people. Fucking hunting though. Hunting. Fuck off.
It's the fucking hypocrisy. And the fact we're being encouraged to dob each other in when fucking moneybags Cummings just stuck his contemptuous nose in the air at the attempts to bring him to book, and is untouchable.