What's cooking in the twenties?

Mountain Goat

Re: What's cooking in the twenties?

Post by Mountain Goat »

Ha, I am planning to make that tomatoes and yoghurt dish tomorrow. :)) Glad to hear it's wonderful. Did you have anything else with it?

And I just ordered Six Seasons and it will come on Wednesday, I will definitely be looking at these, thank you.

And I was just looking at Season as it came up when I searched Six Seasons. So full :clone: this lunchtime.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
absley

Post by absley »

Funny! :lol: For the yoghurty tomatoes, I had made burgers (a mix of beef mince & grated courgette for veggie content) but didn't want mine in a bun so just had that fried and topped with mozz. D had the full burger experience with his.

I hope you like Six Seasons - a friend asked to borrow it recently and I said no, which really surprised me given it's hardly new to me! :look:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

That sounds lovely. I'm not sure what I'll do texture wise, but it will involve courgettes/feta/mint. It kind of depends on whether I do bread or a grain I think.

You really are attached to it. :lol: I read the section on his larder from the look inside thing and felt we were aligned, so I am excited.
absley

Post by absley »

Sounds delish. :ready: If you use a lot of feta maybe cut back a bit on the yoghurt, or vice versa. The balance of tomatoes & yoghurt definitely favours the yoghurt.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Thank you for the carrot recipes, I’m another one with loads of veg box carrots to use up.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Excellent, thank you. I only have half a pack of feta and about a million courgettes so this is likely. :))

I have an inspiration question but! I think I will do a thread. :disco:
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

emma_p wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:41 am Anyone else bought Yotam Ottolenghi's new book with Ixta Belfrage? I spent a very hour reading it yesterday and have a list of recipes to try :weewee:
You already knew I had it, I think!

Last night I cooked olive oil flatbreads with three-garlic butter and aubergine with herbs and crispy garlic from Flavour. It's a good thing we won't be breathing on people any time soon. They were both delicious but it was a lot of work. I also did baked feta with chilli to go with it.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I should have held out for the US version - it has a much nicer cover.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I am currently cooking the celeriac steaks with Cafe de Paris butter from Flavour*, and yesterday we had the cabbage with numbing oil**. :)) Lovely numbing oil (I am a huge fan of a Sichuan peppercorn), will report back on the celeriac later.

* with venere risotto with lettuce, lovage and smoked bacon
** with ginger and spring onion steamed whiting
absley

Post by absley »

emma_p wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:26 pm I should have held out for the US version - it has a much nicer cover.
Which is which? I like the single colour multiple onions, but can't tell which that one is.

I need to see what recipes are online.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

There have been quite a few in the guardian. The single colours onion is the UK version. This is the US one. So different: https://www.amazon.com/b?node=101589760 ... d_wg=bj0Jr
absley

Post by absley »

So different!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

But it says "Flavor" on it :cry:.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Oh! The link didn't work for me so I searched and it also came up with a load of others with radically different covers and now I feel like I've been living in a world I made up.

(all the Ottlolenghi ones plus Falastin. They like a picture of the actual food apparently, none of your graphics. Like when we did literal dancing in the 1970s and 80s :love2: )