Show your (craft)work

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
wendy james

Re: Show your (craft)work

Post by wendy james »

Leap wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:51 amCould we see Doris, please?
Bit late, but here’s a naked Doris.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Today has been dull stuff - repairs and masks - but included masks for dolls :ella: and a pencil case for P for college, made out of an old jeans leg of his. :lol:
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Wendy the jeans leg pencil case is inspired, I may copy that idea.
H1ppychick wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:32 am So my Zookeeper’s blanket is pinned out ready for blocking, which I’ll hopefully do later. Then I want to back it with a piece of grey felt and it’ll be ready to go to my friends!
Hippy that is the best thing I’ve ever seen!
Luna

Post by Luna »

I love that blanket, Hippy.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I was going to let the girls customise them (I made two) then P claimed one. They’d be dead easy to decorate with sharpies or something. I might do similar with his next pair. :lol:
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

The pencil case is genius!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I’ve helped the girls this weekend with tie dye and candle making. I have no idea why they both only have 5 socks instead of 6. :look:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I made this for an upcoming birthday. It still needs pressing to sort out the curved hem but I like it. No fastenings due to the cross over front. I have another to make for another 2 year old, but will opt for short sleeves as the semi-cap sleeves were a bit fiddly in that size!

I just hope the recipient’s parents don’t mind the homemade aspect, or the fact the blue is a lovely drapey fabric but creases like buggery. I wouldn’t want to be ironing a 2 year old’s clothes! :look:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Grandparents are getting lots of homemade stuff this Christmas, the lucky people! Candles and tie-dyed canvas bags are done, and there’s soap to be made. However, today was needle cases. I copied one I bought at a craft fair years ago.

Plus a random tree decoration that Elvis made. :look:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Is nobody else crafting at the moment? Nothing being started for Christmas?

I wanted to make something for one of my former team, but am not sure I’d get a blanket done before she goes on ML. I’ve made this bib, but the off-kilter lines annoy me. I’ve lined up the grain but the printed lines aren’t horizontal to it! I have a couple more cut and some other fabric to try, so we’ll see.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I’m still doing my baby blanket - since I decided to give it to the second couple, whose baby has not yet arrived, the pressure has been off.

I attached the felt backing all round the edge last weekend, and the only thing left to do is to secure the backing to the crochet with catch stitches in the centre of the blanket. I think I’ll probably put in a stitch at each 4-square intersection.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I made a maggot :lol:

Well, a maggot, a pupa and then some wings and a hat to turn it into a fly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

The bib is cute! What’s the story behind your make, Kleio?

Crafting has been causing me stress because there’s so much other stuff to do. Also, because Mr Sax is working at home, I feel I need to appear busy! :lol: I also lost my mojo a bit because I don’t know what to make or who would appreciate something. Anyway, then I realised that I keep propping a door open with a roll of carpet so now I’m crocheting a door stop.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Elf just wanted one. He’s ordered a snail and some butterflies too.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Maggot :love:

I decree my crafting *is* busy, but I know what you mean Cerise. It helps I’m usually making for the girls or a gift for one of P’s friends. I’d be less inclined to start something for me before the washing up was done!
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Really poor photographs as I had to hurriedly send someone to the Post Box* with these this evening so they’d make the morning pick up but here’s the start of some Halloween stuff.

I’ve bagged them inside the parcel and told the person to quarantine/spray them. Do you think that’s enough?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I make fabric ones using old men’s shirts and tartan and tweed I’ve picked up in charity shops.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I pretty much do this method but I make the sizes fit whatever fabric I’ve got as long as the width is double the height.

https://madetosew.com/diy-easy-fabric-pumpkin-tutorial/
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Kleio wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:41 pm I pretty much do this method but I make the sizes fit whatever fabric I’ve got as long as the width is double the height.

https://madetosew.com/diy-easy-fabric-pumpkin-tutorial/

The trick is to get on first name terms with a couple of charity shops and ask them to put damaged ones to one side for you instead of the rag bag they use. Shirts with buttons missing etc.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I found a bandana bib pattern as an alternative to the old-fashioned bib one. I also cut out the fleece for Sproglette’s dressing gown and used some spare binding to make a blanket from the leftovers.

What do you think of the crown in Christmas fabric as a replacement for paper hats?