Weight Loss 2020

Mayday

Re: Weight Loss 2020

Post by Mayday »

Thank you Squirrel. We'll done on maintaining! I'm not looking forward to that bit :lol:

I've had lots of new (ebay) clothes delivered today and I looked at them thinking they looked a bit small and they ALL fit. Must stop buying now :lol:
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

That’s wonderful! Getting new clothes that fit is so satisfying.

I’d rather still be losing than maintaining, I’m still overweight, but maintaining is better than nothing.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

I've been maintaining EXACTLY for the last few days. In fact suspiciously so /eyes scales/.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I changed the Battery in my scales, weighed 4lbs heavier, then tried again and it was the same as yesterday! 🤪

Anyway I’m pulling myself together and starting properly again (again) today. So here goes.

(Edited because I’m an idiot)
viggy

Post by viggy »

Ach damnit Squizz! Well done for pulling yourself together though.

After some weird gains and losses this week, I've ended up maintaining this week. I'll take it, but it's a bit frustrating.
Roma

Post by Roma »

I’m only maintaining as well. It’s frustrating because I feel I’ve done well with my eating but my weight refuses to budge.
viggy

Post by viggy »

Maybe we're closer to the moon this week or something #graspingatstraws
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

God this is so boring :sleepy: We had a quick visit quite early this morning with MrPG's uncle and he offered us madeleines and pastries and lovely jams. I had a cup of black tea and half a glass of orange juice :woteva:

I am not being a massive martyr and would normally have had a madeleine at least, but am still off gluten and dairy :toot: However it does mean that I have no idea how I'll stay in calories once I phase cheese back in :lol:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I got back down to 13st 3lb at long last, so that’s half a stone off. I need to keep it up and get back to my ideal weight of 12st 10lb.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Well done Pip. I'm still stuck, about 10lb up from my lowest in the spring. It's so hard to keep the willpower going when you stay in your calories and nothing is happening.
Little My

Post by Little My »

That's great, Pip.

I'm hovering around 2-3 lbs up from my lowest (recent) weight. The last couple of weeks have been stressful, and I haven't been trying. Exercise has been particularly rubbish but I'd like to get back into it. Now that kids are settled back at school I need to figure out my new routine.
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

A few years ago, I changed my eating patterns drastically & was running regularly and lost 18kg in the space of 9 - 12 months. A few (OK, many!) of those kilos have crept back on, to my frustration. I'm still exercising regularly and eating the same way, so I was feeling rather demotivated. Then my mum gently suggested it might be *because* I am eating the same way and changing my eating patterns again might help. I've been exercising mostly with the Lucy Wyndham-Read videos on YouTube and she also has a few healthy eating cook books, so I've bought both of them. There are loads of great breakfast/lunch ideas in them, so I've been having lots of different breakfasts, all of which have been delicious so far! Now I'm very curious as to what the results will be...
viggy

Post by viggy »

That's interesting Dutchie - I'll be interested to hear how the shift in diet goes. I have no idea how scientific is it, but I do subscribe to the theory that you need to keep your body "guessing" - same food, same calorie intake/macros all the time and it makes sense in my head that your body/metabolism will get used to it.

I'm taking a few days off tracking my food - I'm pretty busy/stressed with other things right now and I want to see if I can just trust my instincts a wee bit without having to weigh and record every bite I eat. I'll still have my daily weigh in and will see where I end up on Friday.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I didn’t lose anything this week. So I’m still 1.6kg down. But I ate and drank quite a lot while we were away camping. Hoping that it starts to come off again now I’m home and eating more mindfully again (though I’m coming up to SLMT now so who knows)
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

viggy wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:31 pm That's interesting Dutchie - I'll be interested to hear how the shift in diet goes. I have no idea how scientific is it, but I do subscribe to the theory that you need to keep your body "guessing" - same food, same calorie intake/macros all the time and it makes sense in my head that your body/metabolism will get used to it.
That makes perfect sense to me *not a scientist*! I'll come back in a few weeks to report on any changes..
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I haven't been counting and by some miracle I am back down within 0.75lb of my lowest weight of the year. I don't really know how.
Luna

Post by Luna »

I’ve lost 4lb in the last few days! Mainly due to lack of appetite but I shall capitalise on that!
viggy

Post by viggy »

nineseven wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:58 am I haven't been counting and by some miracle I am back down within 0.75lb of my lowest weight of the year. I don't really know how.
This is the content I'm here to see :))
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

It's so helpful.
Skips

Post by Skips »

I gained the 2.5lb I lost. I'm just yo-yoing the same weight at the moment. Granted, eating Mr Whippy and not tracking anything probably isn't going to help...