Wee crafty advent presents?

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
viggy

Wee crafty advent presents?

Post by viggy »

My Mum is a big crafter, and her birthday is a couple of days before Christmas. A few years ago I made her a birthday advent with wee crafty presents to open each day... But I can't remember where I got any of the stuff!

She dropped a very heavy hint that she'd like the same again - do any of you lovely crafty turtles have favourite websites you can recommend for picking up wee bits and pieces? From what I can remember it was a mixture of unusual stuff and nice pins etc - I'm hoping once I look at a couple of websites it will all start making sense again!
Morganna

Re: Wee crafty advent presents?

Post by Morganna »

The obvious place is Hobbycraft, but it depends what you are looking for. Textile Garden is really good for buttons of all types, and Wool Warehouse has a 'supplies and accessories' section that has things like little scissors and tape measures. There is also a category on eBay that has all sort of things : Other categories/Sports, Hobbies and Leisure/Art&Craft Supplies/. It is further subdivided from there, but you could have a browse and see what there is. It's a lovely idea, and will make a great present.
viggy

Post by viggy »

Thanks Morgs, I'll check them out.

Turns out she's kept the wee paper bags I used last time, so at least I don't need to buy them again!
rosy

Post by rosy »

Barnyarns is a great website for sewing notions, and there’s usually a discount code on their site for first time orders.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

The Range used to be pretty good for small crafty things too.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Sue Hawkins does some lovely little cross stitch kits if your mum likes that sort of thing? There is everything from scissor keepers to door stops. I love the colours she puts together. I haven't done anything like this myself, but a friend of mine does them, and they are very pretty.

If you like them, register for a newsletter and she'll send you a 15% off code, too.