Weight Loss 2020

Lily
Picker-Lily

Re: Weight Loss 2020

Post by Lily »

Thank you all - I do need to be gentler to myself but being (in my eyes) overweight (and I appreciate I'm not) makes me feel so awful it colours everything. I have been misery-spending as well :ella: Hopefully I can rein it back in before it gets too out of control, as I feel utter despair at the moment.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
viggy

Post by viggy »

Lily, do you have strategies you've learned in the past that you can revisit now? As I'm sure you know, the mental aspects of healthy eating/weight loss are so important (or at least they are for me).

A week back healthy eating and I'm 2.8lbs down :eek: I think that's the biggest weekly loss I've had, so I'm assuming the gain last week was mostly water retention or something.

Mind you, it also leans into my theory of "keep the body guessing" so maybe a week of eating Halloween sweeties last week had my metabolism going like the clappers this week thinking it was going to have to process more peanut butter cups :)) #science

ETA Actually, the other thing I did was sort out my sleep - still not perfect, but a few Sominex last week has me back on an even keel this week.
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

Lily, Viggy is spot on. I wanted to lose weight for seven years but could never get my head in the right place, it really is so important. Do be kind to yourself.

That's a great loss Viggy well done!

Mine has slowed right down, I was never a fast loser anyway and I haven't changed anything so while it is a bit frustrating I shall keep plodding on. Its not like there is a deadline or anything.
Skips

Post by Skips »

I weighed myself this morning and I've gained 2lbs. Not surprising as I have barely moved since I've started self isolating but my food intake has increased.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Yeah, I’m cutting myself some slack at the moment. I’m still half a stone lighter than I started the year, so the fact that I’ve put weight back on during a period of global turbulence and stress is something that I can forgive myself.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Well done Viggy - and yes, you've reminded me about sleep. Since Windowgate started I rarely get to bed before 2300 sleep before midnight. I must make a massive effort to improve on that. I think it will help everything. I'm tracking everything on MFP and will also contact Iz EVERY SINGLE TIME I feel like eating something which I know will make me feel dreadful later; hopefully that will help. I'm panicking about money too, and regaining control of that will help me feel more in control of my eating.

Skips, Mayday is right: it's rubbish BUT there is no deadline and you've had a horrible time. If eating helps you then bloody do it.

Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Well done Viggy, and yes, be kind to yourself, lily.

I've lost 3lb this week. It's entirely down to the ritalin but I'm counting it as a win anyway :))
viggy

Post by viggy »

A win is a win is a win Smun. :))

L has been saying for ages that a) he needs to lose his lockdown weight, and b) he need to try ADHD meds again after an aborted attempt when he moved health boards - I shall very gently nudge him that one may well support the other.

I shall also fight the urge to try and scam the meds off him because I'm tired and want to lose weight :)) :mummyslittlehelper:
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

0.8kg gone this week (well in the last 6 days) I’m about halfway to where I want to end up I think.
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

How are you all getting on?

I have had a month long plateau which was very frustrating but have lost a tiny bit the last few days so I'm hoping I'm past it. I'm at 39lb now.

I had a nice NSV though, my favourite boots have straps around the legs and they were really loose (they were tight last year). I thought I'd have to replace them but managed to add an extra notch so they can be tightened up. I love those boots.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

39lbs is brilliant, well done! And gotta love a NSV.

I’m about 6.4kg down (I’ve been back on WW two months today). A really weird side effect I’ve been having (and sorry for TMI) is that I keep getting constipated. I’m obviously not eating as much fibre as I used to, so will have to be careful with that.
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

Thank you. Still a long way to go. Id like to lose another 18lb but may reassess.

I found that at the start Est. Fybogel helped. It does seem to have sorted itself out now. (sorry TMI). Well done on your loss!
viggy

Post by viggy »

MFP officially told me I'm more than halfway to my goal, so that was nice :))

At first I found I was drinking less as well as eating less, so maybe keep an eye on that too as dehydration can cause constipation too.
Roma

Post by Roma »

I’m plodding along. Once a month I seem to drop 1kg and then I keep hovering about that new weight for another month before another loss.
viggy

Post by viggy »

0.2lb down this week :lol:

That includes me and L having our first anniversary weekend of lovely food though, so I'll take it.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Well done all! How far away is your goal, Vigs?

I've lost 1.5kg but I've got a long way to go. Still, I've definitely been more careful with my eating which I feel pleased about.

Estrella

Post by Estrella »

That’s excellent, Lily. Good work.

I weigh in every day, and it looks like I’m now down 7kg. I realised yesterday that last summer’s clothes are now far too big. I’m replacing work clothes with eBay buys, as I’m unsure if I’ll drop another dress size or stay this one. I do have clothes in the smaller size in my wardrobe too, but I’m not sure how sustainable that would be (as it clearly hasn’t been in the past!)
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

Well done, Viggy, Est and Lily!

I've found ebay brilliant for clothes, I've had some lovely stuff so cheaply! And been able to offload most of bigger stuff too.
viggy

Post by viggy »

Lily wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:03 pm Well done all! How far away is your goal, Vigs?
I have another stone-ish to go to get into the top of the healthy BMI range, I'd be happy if I could get to there with a little wiggle room for maintenance. Not sure December is the month to make that happen though :))
viggy

Post by viggy »

How's everyone doing? I'm finding it HARD right now - I had another weekend "off" and am spending this week trying to fight back to just maintain. I'm getting bored of my breakfasts and lunches. Evening snacking has appeared from nowhere - WTF?!

I was half wondering about giving myself a bit of a break and just aiming to maintain between now and Christmas, but really what I think I need is a bit of a revamp in terms of my habits. We're in lockdown here now and the temptation to hibernate and comfort eat is stroong.