Juvenile Jibber Jabber

sally maclennane

Re: Juvenile Jibber Jabber

Post by sally maclennane »

When TTN was about 3, she picked up the word beautiful and used it wherever she could, she once pulled out every toy and book and then told my mum "look at my beautiful mess" :lol:

Needless to say, my mum thought it was adorable, whereas if we'd done that, we'd have been in deep trouble!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
F'Artiste

Post by F'Artiste »

A2 came up to us at 5.30 (which is amazing, he’s never slept so long by himself). I was already awake as A was snoring really loudly; A2 turned to me and asked me where the monster was :lol:.
viggy

Post by viggy »

Ah yes, gotta love the mellow grandparenting while we stand in the background agog thinking "I'd have been leathered for that" :eek:
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

viggy wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:16 am Ah yes, gotta love the mellow grandparenting while we stand in the background agog thinking "I'd have been leathered for that" :eek:
Oh yes! My mum's mantra when any of her grandchildren played up was "oh they're tired" which was definitely NOT an excuse when I was a kid!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

God, same. My sisters and I often complain about my mum letting the kids do things we'd have been murdered for. None of them believe us that she was really strict and scary :cry:
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

My parents are so bad for this! My mum used to be such a stickler for rules when she was childminding. Now, with my niece, she's feeding her mini magnums in the bath and letting her watch you tube at 10pm. :lol:
SunnyMum

Post by SunnyMum »

Mini magnums in the bath!! Sounds like heaven!!
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

F'Artiste wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:15 am A2 came up to us at 5.30 (which is amazing, he’s never slept so long by himself). I was already awake as A was snoring really loudly; A2 turned to me and asked me where the monster was :lol:.
This is both cute and hilarious :lol:
Starry

Post by Starry »

Mothers are very different to grandmothers. Honestly, the stuff my kids get away with!

H has spent a few days in hospital this week and while we were sitting in A&E last night he loudly announced “there’s the white doctor!” He sounded like a tiny racist, but then he followed up with “and there’s the blue doctor! And the green!”

He was identifying them by their scrubs.
Starry

Post by Starry »

He has an disease called HSP. His joints keep swelling and he has a rash everywhere caused by small blood vessels swelling in his skin and joints. He looks like he’s been beaten, some of the rash is like bruising. I brought him to A&E on Monday night because I thought he’d broken his ankle, it was so swollen. One of the doctors spotted the tiny rash and it went from there.

Friday night I had to bring him back because the swelling was particularly bad.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Oh no, Starry. The poor thing. I bet that's worrying for you too. How do they treat it?
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

Starry, that’s so rubbish, poor H (and you!) I hope it’s easily treated.
Starry

Post by Starry »

He had a dose of steroids last Friday in the hospital, but other than that all I can do is give him calpol and watch to see what swells up next. Every time he limps on says “ow” someone is on him to check.

He was back at the hospital yesterday for a check up and they’re happy his kidneys are ok this week, and his blood pressure was good. But when they took his blood pressure, he complained his hand was sore and now his entire hand is bruised under the skin. He looks like he’s wearing a puffy grey glove.

It’s self limiting apparently. But it could be six weeks of this.
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

That sounds really rough. Poor H and poor you! I hope he recovers soon.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Oh my gosh poor thing! I hope he is more comfortable and gets better soon, six weeks sounds horrible. Glad to hear his kidneys etc are okay.

I hadn’t heard of HSP before an episode of Operation Ouch* the children were watching the other day.

* Chris and Xand :flirt:
Starry

Post by Starry »

I’d never heard of it until A&E last week. Though it would have been less scary had the doctor not led with “it’s arthritis” and actually told me the positive bits too.

He’s very matter of fact about it all, and he seems to be almost back to himself, albeit with some extra swelling/rashes. He’s even joining in in crèche, which he’d stopped doing a couple of weeks back. He came home with chocolate chip cookies he’d made, and he insisted we all have a bite.
smalex

Post by smalex »

How is he now Starry?

So it transpires that W thinks we've got air conditioning :lol: . He came down this morning in his short sleeved PJs and hovered by the radiator because it was cold. So I said, why don't you put a jumper and some slippers on? And he pipes up with 'can't we just turn the air conditioning off?' :mog:. When I told him we didn't have air conditioning and nor did anyone in this country really he says 'well WHY is it so cold in here?'. Well, its winter in Britain, and we live in a super well insulted 1950s house :uhh:
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

:lol:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

:lol:

Elvis was saying she feels a bit sorry for Jesus. He died at Easter so didn’t get any chocolate and he was born at Christmas so probably didn’t get any presents. I’m not sure school RE is joining the dots properly for her.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Elvis!!!