Redundancy

Toast
Delboy

Re: Redundancy

Post by Toast »

The thing is, there's only me and E for him to talk to (which is absolutely fine, of course) but he's the only full-time employee so he doesn't have a counterpart to discuss with.

Brambs - I only know what I've read on the .gov website so if you have any advice or pointers I'd happily take them.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

As long as you follow the guidelines for how long he has worked and what his contract says and document everything, you should be ok.

ACAS also has fantastic resources.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

I agree, definitely not on a Sunday or Friday. And probably might as well get it over with on a Monday.

Couldn’t you furlough them until April? (I know furlough isn’t completely without cost to an employer, so appreciate this might not be possible.)
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

The redundancy isn't really applicable under the terms of furlough, it's largely due to a procedural change our partner company has made (which is something we've all been aware of for a while).

Thanks, Brambs. I'll check ACAS too.