Anger, bile, tears and tea

Texaco Shirley

Re: Anger, bile, tears and tea

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Apparently Parler has fallen over due to the number of disaffected Trumpists trying to join.
Disco

Post by Disco »

He's permanently banned from twitter. ETA I did read what Epp posted earlier but forgot because:cocktails and posted it as new news.
Last edited by Disco on Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I had to google Parler.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I’ve heard of it but I don’t want to get any closer.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I googled but didn't go into a site.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Glad to hear it, we might have had to decontaminate you otherwise.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I'm an innocent. I'd never even heard of it until I met you!
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Parler and all the -chan -kun sites are really fucking scary places. Talk about an echo chamber. I am glad there are journalists willing to join and monitor those places so there is a small window into the horrors inside and a tiny chance we might get wind when they try something even more dangerous.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Epponnee Rae wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:05 am Parler and all the -chan -kun sites are really fucking scary places.
Wha ....??? I feel like a total ignoramus. I think I've heard of Parler, but no idea about the others. :lol:
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Dáire

Post by Dáire »

The chan sites have been unmoderated, anonymous discussion since the 90s. There's a lot of perfectly meaningless chit-chat about fitness or gaming, but they soon became much worse. As each became more popular a new one would spring up.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Apparently Reddit have taken down the Trump thread / section too.
Starry

Post by Starry »

Parler is awful at the best of times but the past few days it’s got even worse. AWS is pulling their hosting from today though so they have to find an alternative or lose everything.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

I saw that, Starry. I don’t know what the answer is because obviously the bullshit needs to be shut down, but I worry about what will happen when the Capitol-storming dickheads and their orange leader start crying about being censored and having no voice.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Edith Bacon wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:18 pm I worry about what will happen when the Capitol-storming dickheads and their orange leader start crying about being censored and having no voice.
I think this is a real concern. It plays right into their 'right to free speech' narrative and, by extension, loss of constitutional rights, country, etc., making it easier to justify their actions as, in some way, 'patriotic'. Could be disastrous.
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Apparently there is a post on Parler saying that Trump is looking to pardon people involved in the Capitol riot and asking for peoples names, addresses and what they did so they can be added to the pardon list. Many people have already replied :mog:
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Oh my God how fucking stupid do you have to be? Answer: very fucking stupid, which is the entry qualification for being a Trump supporter.
rosy

Post by rosy »

:lol: some people are really thick. Obviously not all quite as stupid as the rioter in the Capitol who tasered himself in the bollocks and died of a heart attack, but still, really stupid.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Chicky wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:41 pm Apparently there is a post on Parler saying that Trump is looking to pardon people involved in the Capitol riot and asking for peoples names, addresses and what they did so they can be added to the pardon list. Many people have already replied :mog:
I saw that. I can’t believe people have actually replied :mog:
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Chicky wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:41 pm Apparently there is a post on Parler saying that Trump is looking to pardon people involved in the Capitol riot and asking for peoples names, addresses and what they did so they can be added to the pardon list. Many people have already replied :mog:
:mog:
H1ppychick wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:43 pm Oh my God how fucking stupid do you have to be? Answer: very fucking stupid, which is the entry qualification for being a Trump supporter.
As they're slowly rounding up these morons, Mr R noticed that in all the booking mugshots the ones that were beardy during the riot are now clean shaven. Unless they force shave you in police custody, which seems doubtful, I assume this was their idea of a brilliant disguise - grow a beard, then shave it off. Master criminals at work!
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

:mog:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.