Covid-19

smalex

Re: Covid-19

Post by smalex »

Yes, I agree Ken. There are people who feel comfortable staying in, there are people who need for a variety of reasons to go out. I completely take your point that this gets out of hand every time it comes up but I also think people should be allowed to discuss things within the parameters of the rules without comments like 'we all need to stop trying to bend the rules' which is unhelpful.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I swore to myself I wouldn't have this argument again. Because its Very Bad For Me. So I take my leave until I can better deal with this.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

It says something about the current state of the world when I agree with each and every post :)) We ARE winding ourselves up. We DO need to rant. We SHOULD go outside. We SHOULD stay at home :shrug:

We are ALL right and no one on here should be judging or taking offence at anything posted because not one of us is being a twat or irresponsible about covid. Everyone is doing their best and that is good enough.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Edith Bacon wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:55 am Everyone is doing their best and that is good enough.
This! Times a million!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Luce

Post by Luce »

Disco wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:23 am Who is all of this ire aimed at?

If it’s me because I said I, me personally, don’t deem walking through crowds of people safe then say so.
My ire is, today, aimed at the lady on Facebook who said people shouldn’t even leave their houses for tests and those who do are disgusting. My ire, in general, is aimed at the whole world.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Amen to that, Edith!
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Disco

Post by Disco »

Well then it all was aimed at someone/ some people so just address it and say as much in the first place.
ETA as just read Lucy’s post about ire direction.
Last edited by Disco on Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Ruby wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:32 am there is an element of it becoming an intense rage feedback-loop.
Quite possibly. I am really angry at everything just now and holding back letting any of it out because I can't tell what's reasonable at the moment. I'm thinking of an unrelated work situation in particular.

I'm not annoyed at anyone in particular, Disco. Everyone makes their own decision and risk assessment and we live and let live. I am assuming everyone else takes that attitude too but if they choose to judge me it wouldn't concern me.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Agreed. And for the record ( and the millionth time), where I am more cautious than others, it's because it's easy for me to do so, with my flash veg box, and does not carry a implication that others should do the same. We all have very different situations.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Luce

Post by Luce »

smalex wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:54 am I swore to myself I wouldn't have this argument again. Because its Very Bad For Me. So I take my leave until I can better deal with this.
Sorry, yes, this too. This thread caused me a lot of stress/anxiety last time. I really don’t think it’s good for me (or you lot) so I’ll do my utmost to shut the fuck it.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I think most of us are pretty much on the same page with what you should and shouldn't do but have varying levels of risk acceptance which is fine and I think we are a damn sight more sensible than our stupid government.

I must say though that I do think this thread is becoming a little bit of an echo chamber of anxiety and is risking making us feel worse. It's not helpful if it's causing us to just wind ourselves up and spiral into anxiety and I have considered closing it for that reason. I don't want to though if it is providing help and support.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

I think that here everyone feels pretty much the same about the restrictions and try their very best to follow them. Please do not though wish to get it - after OH tested positive 31 December (5days after being ill) I had to climb into bed beside him on 2 January with the raging fever. Until yesterday that is where we stayed in fever induced mad hallucinating 20 hours at a time sleep - sweating, tangled sheets and duvet and the occasional forced out of bed for water or a bowl of watery porridge - anything else could not be tolerated Luckily we go through without having to go near a hospital but we are absolutely wiped out with no source of energy - starting to rebuild ourselves a day at a time. I expect at least another week of feeling like this albeit we can eat a slice of toast now.
Disco

Post by Disco »

That sounds horrible annabella. I hope you both get back to full strength asap.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Oh Annabella, that sounds horrific. I hope you both recover quickly.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Luce

Post by Luce »

That sounds awful, Annabella. I don't think anyone would ever wish to get that! I hope you feel better soon.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Annabella you poor things. And I bet that counts as a 'mild' case doesn't it?
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Very mild and very glad to have escaped anything worse
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Ooof Annabella. That sounds awful, you poor sods. The energy comes back very very slowly. I know everyone keep saying this but even now, 6 weeks after I had a mild case, I am bone tired. It's an absolute shock to the body
Last edited by Ruby on Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

That's so awful, Annabella. I hope you can start feeling a bit more normal soon.

I for one would be a bit sad if this thread closes as I've found the links etc very helpful. I'm staying away from the news in general so it's also very useful to get some of the updates here. I know that you don't all exist as some kind of mass PA for me though. ;)
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

I’m sorry Annabella, how awful.