Talk laundry to me

H1ppychick

Re: Talk laundry to me

Post by H1ppychick »

I’m still using the Bosch washing machine that I bought when I moved into this house in 2001. It’s had one repair to fix the door latch but otherwise hasn’t been looked at or serviced since purchase. I do on average one load per week, so it’s done about 1,000 loads so far.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Disco wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:34 pm Gas?! How strange!
I think the huge commercial ones we had at university must have run on gas, because if you peered in and upwards while they were running, you could see what looked like flames behind a grille. Nobody believed me but I feel vindicated now :lg:.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Yes, I think you're right Ella, as I googled them and saw industrial looking ones like in a laundrette.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I also have a 9kg Ecobubble which is brilliant. I like it's cheery I'm done tune, and also that you have a few minutes grace at the start to pause and add forgotten stuff. The countdown is accurate.

I don't have a tumble dryer.

The eco washes are longer than normal, aren't they? Because if you reduce temperature/vigour etc you need to increase the time to get things clean.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Is that why you hear about dryer fires / lint trap fires so much more in the States? I thought it was just because they (seemingly) dry loads rather than hanging them out much more.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

Kenickie wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:59 pm I also have a 9kg Ecobubble which is brilliant. I like it's cheery I'm done tune.
I killed that after the first wash. :lol:
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Kenickie wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:59 pm
The eco washes are longer than normal, aren't they? Because if you reduce temperature/vigour etc you need to increase the time to get things clean.
I was going to say this. The eco was on mine takes about 4 hours. But clothes come out much drier so it takes less tumble time.
F'Artiste

Post by F'Artiste »

I also have an eco bubble and it seems to be holding fairly well after 5+ years. Our clothes never really dry as much as I would like (we don’t have a separate dryer) but I’m fairly certain that’s because A has knackered the filter by constantly leaving coins in his pockets when he puts his trousers in the wash.
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

Any updates on this thread? Our Bosch washing machine is flashing an error message :cry:. The engineer is due out on Thursday to look at it but we might need to replace it.

Ideally we’d get a washer/dryer (no room for both) but they are £££s and I have a feeling a recentish thread decided they weren’t really worth it. I’ll search for it properly but has anyone got one they’re really pleased with?

How are the Ecobubbles holding up? I am concerned about Mayday’s but if that’s an outlier will get over it :))
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I got the Samsung Ecobubble and it's been great. Mine isn't a washer dryer though.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

I have an AEG washer dryer and I really love it. HTH
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

It does, thanks Hazey :bow:

In doing my own research I have discovered washing machines that steam which I am finding very exciting. No idea if it’s any use but I am easily led :)). I am off to try to find out more.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

My old LG had a steam function I used it on clothes that needed a refresh/delicates/dry clean only. Anything that wasn't worn directly next to skin.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
speedy gonzalez

Post by speedy gonzalez »

I have an Ecobubble washer-dryer and it's still going strong. Just coming up to 7 years old.
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

We really need a new washer dryer we thought we found the ideal one but it seems Argos have discontinued it even though it's still on their website. It's a Bush one so unavailable elsewhere

Back to the drawing board we go
My nail blog - you can also link to my instagram account through there
http://naildart.blogspot.co.uk
Glint

Post by Glint »

BUMPITY

My current 2007 Samsung has started to emit a burning smell if it deems there is too much in it.

Are Ecobubbles still the dogs nuts?

I'm looking for something quiet, and has a standard wash time no longer than approximately 90 minutes.
Little My

Post by Little My »

My new steam LG is very fast. Would recommend. It also sings a song when it's done. :cheerful:

Actually, my favourite thing is that I don't have to put washing liquid in each time. I just fill it up once in a while.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I have the EcoBubble as when I researched them it JUST pipped the LG (what I'd previously had), nothing wrong with it but I've only had it six months or so. I bought the one that you can add to the wash.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

H1ppychick wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:38 pm I’m still using the Bosch washing machine that I bought when I moved into this house in 2001. It’s had one repair to fix the door latch but otherwise hasn’t been looked at or serviced since purchase. I do on average one load per week, so it’s done about 1,000 loads so far.
Our Bosch was bought less than 4 years ago and needs a new drum fitting. We do about 7 times as many washes as you though. :lol:
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

My Ecobubble is great but my standard wash is 2:21. I think mine is about five years old now.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.