Covid-19

Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Re: Covid-19

Post by Kenickie »

Mountain Goat wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:13 pm The case numbers seem to be stablising, Ken, if you want something positive to hang on to.
That is good news. The graph I saw seemed to be just going up so that's better than I thought.

I'm so sorry, Rosa. I'm glad she's over the worst but what a worry.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Rosa, I’m so sorry. I hope she is ok.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Rosa, how worrying. I'm glad she's over the worst.
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

Ah, Rosa. You've had a rough ride with this, and your poor sisters.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Blimey, Rosa. I'm glad both sisters are doing ok.
Malan
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

Oh Rosa. How worrying! I’m glad she’s over the worst, but what a blow.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Oh Rosa, it never bloody rains does it. Thank goodness she's over the worst.

Some graphs show total number of cases (from Pip's post, prevalence :)) ) which are of course still going up, but the number of new cases (incidence, I am learning) is falling, and that's in terms of 7 day averages so unlikely to just be data glitches/catch ups. It's too early to be gung ho positive about it but it's hopeful. Unless I'm missing something. :look:
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m proud of you Goat. Gold star. 🌟

I’m sorry Rosa, I hope both your sisters are fit & well soon.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

Thanks all. They'll be fine I'm sure, but I'm struggling with not being able to go and see them. They've both got everything they need on a practical level, so sending more flowers is the best I can do for now.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Oh Rosa :( I’m really sorry to hear that about your other sister. I can only imagine how worried and frustrated you must be, and can empathize a bit with the feeling of helplessness.

Our governor has put the entire state back into ‘Phase 1’ reopening. Not much change really for how we have been living in the city over the last couple of months, although some other areas did previously have some of their restrictions relaxed. Now we’re all back to no indoor mixing at all, and no more than two households can mix in any outdoor setting (e.g. dining or parks etc.) up to 10 people total. And of course the mask mandate continues - basically if you’re outside your home you should have a mask on, and it’s required anywhere open to the public that’s inside.

I mean it doesn’t change much for me living alone, but there’s no sense of when things might change for the better :ruby: Its funny because I saw TONS of people outdoor dining locally over the weekend. Which is great for businesses but it made me REALLY uncomfortable even walking past those big patios full of people without masks :panic:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Not feeling able to help is such a hard thing (although I have no doubt that you're helping with love and flowers, but sometimes it doesn't feel that way).

Thank you Pip. :))
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Bendywendywoo

Post by Bendywendywoo »

Ladies please keep you smear appointments. The risk to yourselves would be miniscule. Andy and I have had to keep a lot of medicall appointments between us since last summer and we have never felt unsafe, not at the go surgery and not at any of 3 hospitals we have been to. Smears are essential yo!
Heartsick.blog
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

Thanks Bendy. I think I will keep the appt. I went to hospital a lot in the summer too and felt safe enough but the numbers now are horrendous and it’s the first time I’ve felt unsure whether to attend anything or not.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

I hope your Andy is ok, by the way!
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I had my coil changed the week of Christmas. I only saw three people in total; security guy who gave me antibac and directions where to go, receptionist who was in a glass box and then the doctor who showed me how to get out by a different route via more antibac. They basically had it set up as a loop so nobody ever crossed paths and were all in PPE. I was really impressed especially because it wasn't a fancy place just a regular community clinic.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Rosa, I'm sorry to hear about your other sister and I hope they both recover quickly.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I've had several appointments during this, medical and dental, and all of them have been very well handled. Please do keep appointments if you possibly can: other health issues are still important too.

Rosa, your poor sister! I'm glad to hear she's on the mend.

A guy at work's dad died last week; he went into hospital with COVID, recovered after a few weeks & was due to come out, but in the night he fell going to the loo, hit his head and died. It's - I don't know ... I don't have words. It's tragic.
Last edited by Lily on Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Shoe wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:34 pm I had my coil changed the week of Christmas. I only saw three people in total; security guy who gave me antibac and directions where to go, receptionist who was in a glass box and then the doctor who showed me how to get out by a different route via more antibac. They basically had it set up as a loop so nobody ever crossed paths and were all in PPE. I was really impressed especially because it wasn't a fancy place just a regular community clinic.
I had to reread this a couple of times before I realised you weren't saying that the doctor had shown you how to get the coil out by another route using antibac. :lol:
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

:mog: I've had a gin, for medicinal reasons.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Kenickie wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:38 pm
Shoe wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:34 pm I had my coil changed the week of Christmas. I only saw three people in total; security guy who gave me antibac and directions where to go, receptionist who was in a glass box and then the doctor who showed me how to get out by a different route via more antibac. They basically had it set up as a loop so nobody ever crossed paths and were all in PPE. I was really impressed especially because it wasn't a fancy place just a regular community clinic.
I had to reread this a couple of times before I realised you weren't saying that the doctor had shown you how to get the coil out by another route using antibac. :lol:
Whereas I initially misread fancy place...