Covid-19

Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Re: Covid-19

Post by Marth »

wendy james wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:50 pm
Kenickie wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:38 pm
Shoe wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:34 pm I had my coil changed the week of Christmas. I only saw three people in total; security guy who gave me antibac and directions where to go, receptionist who was in a glass box and then the doctor who showed me how to get out by a different route via more antibac. They basically had it set up as a loop so nobody ever crossed paths and were all in PPE. I was really impressed especially because it wasn't a fancy place just a regular community clinic.
I had to reread this a couple of times before I realised you weren't saying that the doctor had shown you how to get the coil out by another route using antibac. :lol:
Whereas I initially misread fancy place...
I always knew Shoe's place would be fancy.
Malan
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

:lol:
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

I went for an x-ray yesterday. My temperature was taken on the way in, I was kept separately from any other people and myself and the person doing the x-ray wore masks the whole time.

I felt very safe.

Rosa, I'm sorry to hear about your Sister. Your family have had a horrible time of it.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Rosa, I’m sorry that your other sister has been so poorly but glad she’s on the mend.

Update from here: at a country level, the lockdown introduced on the 16th of December is extended till the end of the month but there are reports that Merkel sees it being extended for at least another 8 weeks. This does not surprise me in the slightest and I fully expect things to remain how they are- or even further restrictions- until the end of March at the earliest. In Bavaria they introduced new rules today that only particular masks (FFP2) will be acceptable to wear in shops etc. and that will probably be introduced here too. I think there will be a lot more clamping down on what shops are truly essential.

The numbers at a local level go up and down, the other day new cases were just over 200 and today they have doubled.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I'm sorry to hear about your sister, Rosa, glad she is on the mend though.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

I'm sorry to hear about your sisters, Rosa, but glad they're on the mend. It's so hard to not be able to help in times like this.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Marth wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:52 pm I always knew Shoe's place would be fancy.
You're my favourite. :))

Sorry Rosa, I should have said earlier, I hope you're ok. Your poor sisters.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Bendywendywoo wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:23 pm Ladies please keep you smear appointments. The risk to yourselves would be miniscule. Smears are essential yo!
I was just going to post this sentiment. Maybe without saying yo. :))

Rosa I'm sorry to hear about your other sister, I hope they are both ok.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Are you saying Shoe has a vajazzle? :lol:

Your poor sister, Rosa; I’m glad she’s over the worst.

A charity called Abscent was on the radio today talking about retraining one’s sense of smell if it’s missing or changed. https://abscent.org/ Basically you smell a concentrated scent whilst visualising the smell, and it’s supposed to help get things back to normal. The four scents they use are clove, eucalyptus, lemon and rose. You have to do it every day for weeks and I don’t think there’s been any trials against placebo, but if everything I ate tasted or smelled of diesel (as happened to one poor woman after COVID) I’d definitely give it a go.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Sky

Post by Sky »

I went for my smear this morning and the exam itself was fine, apart from the stroppy nurse, but the surgery was a shitshow. They'd called me to my OPA from December but hadn't actually updated their own system so I'm stood on the fucking doorstep shouting my personal details and reason for my visit in front of other people (YAY CONFIDENTIALITY!) and then on the way out had to push through a crowd of people waiting for flu jags. No distancing from the reception staff nor other patients (not that I'm overly arsed tbh) who were pissed about having to stand in the rain instead of the waiting room. They might as well have let them in as they were basically stood on top of each other anyway :ella:
nineseven wrote:What's the point in being slim if you have to stay indoors all the time, leaking from your anus?
http://www.justgiving.com/Pamela-Ward" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bendywendywoo

Post by Bendywendywoo »

rosy wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:32 pm Are you saying Shoe has a vajazzle? :lol:

Your poor sister, Rosa; I’m glad she’s over the worst.

A charity called Abscent was on the radio today talking about retraining one’s sense of smell if it’s missing or changed. https://abscent.org/ Basically you smell a concentrated scent whilst visualising the smell, and it’s supposed to help get things back to normal. The four scents they use are clove, eucalyptus, lemon and rose. You have to do it every day for weeks and I don’t think there’s been any trials against placebo, but if everything I ate tasted or smelled of diesel (as happened to one poor woman after COVID) I’d definitely give it a go.
That's very interesting, as I am thoroughly sick of the smell of smoke!
Heartsick.blog
Margo

Post by Margo »

I’m freaking out and need a splurge so hopefully nobody will mind if I braindump here...

To cut a very long story short, Mum has to go for an angiogram in a couple of weeks. I’m worried sick about her catching COVID in the hospital (as thats what happened to Js neighbour who went in healthy, caught COVID and died.

I want to believe that all necessary precautions will be taken but what if they’re not? What if it’s a shitshow like Sky described?

I told mum yesterday how worried I am and she said she doesn’t really have a choice but to go, which I know is true, but I just have this massive ball of worry and anxiety about it sitting in my head. I don’t want to feel like this for the next few weeks :(
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

I'm going for my smear next week; it's already been delayed. I've been into the surgery several times (TD has needed a couple of appointments and the pharmacy is in the surgery) and they have the best measures they can while allowing for people being idiots. I'm very worried about the knock-on effect of this on other illnesses.

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister, Rosa. What a worry! I'm glad she's getting better and hope both your sisters can shake the last of it.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Sorry Margo, we cross posted; I wasn't dismissing your concern. Can you call the hospital and ask what measures are in place? Or even ask to speak to the consultant about the risks of delaying (with your mum's permission, obviously)?
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I took my mum for a hospital appointment last week and it was nothing like Sky described. Temperatures taken at all points of entry, limits on the number allowed in lifts, 2m markings on the floors and waiting room chairs, very few people about generally.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I've had 3 hospital appointments since the pandemic started (breast clinic, ultrasound for gallstones and blood pressure clinic) They were all really well organised, with staff in full PPE and there were rarely other patients around.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Hospitals must be much better than clinics etc. Both of my parents have had to be hospitalised (briefly, thank goodness) during lockdowns and both were happy with the precautions (although Mum was horrified by the low staffing levels).
Sky

Post by Sky »

The hospital will absolutely be far safer than my shitey GP surgery and the one I work in is shit hot on all the precautions. I'm forced to wear a mask at my desk all day despite not being patient-facing nor sitting anywhere near anybody else in the office. Our clinic rules are one parent/carer with the patient for outpatient appts and you must wear a mask, whether you bring your own or grab one on the way in, and there's arrows all over the floor acting as a sort of one way system. It may be worth giving them a call with your concerns though.
nineseven wrote:What's the point in being slim if you have to stay indoors all the time, leaking from your anus?
http://www.justgiving.com/Pamela-Ward" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Beatrix wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:10 pm Yeah, I’d be disregarding Sky news. My experience of hospitals has been nothing short of exemplary. They are absolutely doing their best.
Poor Sky :cry:
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

It's totally understandable to be so worried, Margo. I've had a few hospital visits under lockdown though and they have all been really well organised - I know having an actual procedure is different though.

Dentist was absolutely fine this morning. He was telling me that they've all recently had negative antibody tests which he is pleased about because he considers that shows that all their hygiene measures are working.

I'm not sure why but all the work put into keeping us safe by people like that is making me a bit weepy.