Anger, bile, tears and tea

Mountain Goat

Re: Anger, bile, tears and tea

Post by Mountain Goat »

So! Pelosi has announced they will invoke the 25th this morning, and then if (when) that fails, proceed with impeachment. That would ensure he could not run for office again, and also mean he doesn't get all the security detail/pensions/benefits of an ex President.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Good old Arnie. :lol:
Mountain Goat wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:37 am So! Pelosi has announced they will invoke the 25th this morning, and then if (when) that fails, proceed with impeachment. That would ensure he could not run for office again, and also mean he doesn't get all the security detail/pensions/benefits of an ex President.
Excellent.

Kirstie Alley isn't A-list or maybe even B-list thee days but she's a total Trump MAGA loon on Twitter. While John Cusack is LOVELY.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

The PGA have pulled the 2022 masters from the Trump course. It’s not impeachment but at least it will hit him in the bank account.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:59 am The PGA have pulled the 2022 masters from the Trump course. It’s not impeachment but at least it will hit him in the bank account.
I absolutely love this.

I was totally against impeachment. It seemed pointless and like it will cause even more tension. But having now seen video after video of terrifying mob violence and having now heard Trump et al telling them where to go etc then I’ve fully changed my mind. This was moments from being an absolute massacre. Someone even tweeted Pelosi’s location.

If they don’t impeach, nothing means anything anymore. It should be set in stone that he is never, ever allowed to run again. Most importantly, this shit won’t disappear with Trump, he was just the mouthpiece. It needs to be shut down.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Yes I'm kind of coming round to the same opinion.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Yes, same.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I think they should if only to ensure he can’t run again.
Luce

Post by Luce »

And to stop him getting his pension and what not. But also, it feels like there should be a very clear Consequence. In fact, there being no consequences feels very, er, dangerous for the future.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

The thing is, to impeach you need a 2/3 majority in the Senate so he's very unlikely to be actually convicted. I am not sure it's worth it. I would put everything into charging him with some sort of criminal offence - he must be guilty of something.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Sexual assault is a criminal offence. He definitely did that.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Isn't there something to be said for at least trying to impeach him, even if you know its probably doomed to failure? I don't know, I really do swing back and forth (not that anyone is waiting on my opinion on the matter :uhh: )
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Wouldn't reasonable (!) Republicans want to make sure he couldn't run again?
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

ParisGal wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:51 pm Wouldn't reasonable (!) Republicans want to make sure he couldn't run again?
You would hope so.
Starry

Post by Starry »

Getting Republicans on record failing to convict him in the senate is important, I think.
Luce

Post by Luce »

It sounds like lots of Republicans are (finally) getting on board, though. And very few things can stop him running again, other than impeachment. It sounds like a book of charges have been compiled against him and has existed for a while so charging him with crimes once’s he’s not President sounds like it will be done to the full force. Unless he pardons himself in the next week or so which is obviously crazy enough to do.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Ruby wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:49 pm The thing is, to impeach you need a 2/3 majority in the Senate so he's very unlikely to be actually convicted. I am not sure it's worth it. I would put everything into charging him with some sort of criminal offence - he must be guilty of something.
Only 2/3 of those who actually show up, so here's hoping the Republicans stay home. I want each of them to (stay home or) have to actually put their aye or nay on record.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Given the recent description on the BBC of Republicans refusing to wear masks when they were crowded together sheltering from the Capitol attack, I'm not sure there are many reasonable ones.

All the rats deserting the sinking ship this week have knocked me sick. So none of the other things he did bothered them? Just this one thing? Or is I possibly to do with the fact that he has no power now? I hate them.
Luce

Post by Luce »

This is it, Bean. EVERYONE knew exactly who and what Trump was before he was elected. I have zero time for people who have now changed their mind. Too little, too late.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

I'm back on the CNN drug again...
Disco

Post by Disco »

YES! me too!