Lockdown (And Beyond) Hatchlings

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Re: Lockdown Hatchlings

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

It does seem like you’re just meant to be grateful Kleio. So no, I don’t think you are.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Unless Marcus himself is nipping it round, and you can admire his lovely glowing skin in person. He literally shines like the Angel he is.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

I think it comes from good intentions, but I do know what you mean. I raised half an eyebrow when our school called for parent volunteers to deliver breakfast boxes (which is what our local schools are sending out) to families in need home addresses. I'm not sure all those families would want other parents to know that sort of information (although I don't know whether there has been the opportunity to opt out).
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

I think when there is such a narrative that people should be ashamed for needing help, that it's no surprise you feel uncomfortable with your details not being kept secret. I'm not sure whether sharing your details was incorrect, but I can understand you feeling unhappy about it.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Yes, I get why that bothers you kleio.

Today I had to join a live maths lesson with year 6. They ask questions in the chat which I have to monitor etc.

Halfway into the lesson, Z had to join a live zoom call with her class. I had it all set up for her. Something went wrong with the connection.

Z: Mummy, something's wrong, it's not working

Me: Go upstairs and ask Daddy to help, I am in a lesson

Z: I can't ask Daddy, he's working

Me: :woteva:
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

:bomb: I hope you muted yourself before you replied!
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Ooft Ismee. I hope you’ve now had a word with the whole family.

We got today’s food parcel and it’s identical to the one last week. They’ve put in more fruit but this is the one banana I got to share between two children over 4 meals according to their suggestion. Also, no tuna :shrug: so if I was following their menu and this was the only food I could feed the children (it isn’t) then I guess they’d just have to pretend it was there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

What a horrible banana - it’s only fit for banana bread. No tuna either! There’s not a massive amount of protein without that going missing.

I hope this is the last one and then you’ll get vouchers next week, Kleio.
Last edited by emma_p on Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

So the most expensive item has been "forgotten" twice?
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

The whole thing is outrageous.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Disgusting. The state of that banana as well.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I need to take a better picture of it not on the kids colouring on board before I share it with the MP again. Not that he’ll do anything.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Tweet it to Saint Marcus :love:
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

That's awful, Kleio.

Update on Joe's drama drama - they all refused to do it so the teacher had to back down :mog:
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Well done those kids!
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Kleio that is absolutely shocking, and the chummy font is insult. I know I said this before but I’m horrified there’s no choice. Not only does that banana look disgusting, but even if it was perfectly nice then if the children won’t eat it, it gets wasted and the parent has to spend money replacing the food with something that will actually be used. The whole scandal is so upsetting.
Smunder Woman wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:12 pmUpdate on Joe's drama drama - they all refused to do it so the teacher had to back down :mog:
Ha! Good!
Luce

Post by Luce »

Fucking outrageous, that. The whole sorry shebang. Thank god for a random footballer.

Also, I just need to scream into a pillow. Or a void. Or something. Doing this and working is Too Much. F is about to be dragged into school because his lack of engagement. Unless we stand over him and literally tell him what to do, he just sits there looking bewildered. He's dialing in to lessons but maybe not listening properly or not finishing work or leaving early etc. His time management skills are SO poor. But the kid didn't get a Year 6 to prep for high school. And what is being asked of him - to sit on Teams (with breaks) between 8.30 and 2.30 and pay attention fully to all lessons, do the work etc - is too much. Even I piss about on Twitter (or here) every now and then and I'm an adult with perspective and experience. It is all just shit.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I’ve just had to have a rant at L about time management, logging in to live sessions (10-20 mins at the beginning of some lessons, not all day) and not lying about whether he actually did it.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

That sounds like too much is expected of him Lucy! Cube is struggling a little because he gets no feedback. So he’s sitting in front of a screen and doing the work but he could just be chucking them in the bin.

Would school be better for him? Or could you negotiate with the school about limiting teams? What if he was sharing a device? He couldn’t be on for that time period then.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

J’s high school have a “Submitted home learning” category in their achievement system and he gets a point for every lesson he uploads. There are further points for good quality work and occasionally a teacher puts feedback on his work log.