Cheery media

Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Cheery media

Post by Kenickie »

I thought it would be good to have a thread about happy and easily enjoyable media stuff: TV, books, films, articles, anything that is cheering.

I'm currently in hysterics at Junior Bake Off. It's also nice and heartwarming.

What are you enjoying?
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
H1ppychick

Re: Cheery media

Post by H1ppychick »

Landscape Artist of The Year just started on Sky tonight. I love the presenters and judges and it’s always intriguing watching the paintings develop.
Sky

Post by Sky »

There's a new series of Grand Designs which started last Wednesday and I'm enjoying it immensely. Watch last week's one and be as enraged at the entitled prick as I was.
nineseven wrote:What's the point in being slim if you have to stay indoors all the time, leaking from your anus?
http://www.justgiving.com/Pamela-Ward" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

I recently switched VPNs, and have discovered that not only do I have access to iPlayer again but my channel 4 app also works (it never has the whole time I’ve been here), so now I have seven years of Grand Designs to catch up on! :frolic: It’s genuinely made my week.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

In a bid to find something funny and light hearted, we stumbled across Silicon Valley last night which I’m finding very funny. There are 6 seasons as well so will keep us busy.
speedy gonzalez

Post by speedy gonzalez »

If you've got Amazon Prime - Corner Gas. Sitcom set in a very small Canadian town. Not even sure if it's big enough to be a town. Centred around the gas station and cafe.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Estrella wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:43 am In a bid to find something funny and light hearted, we stumbled across Silicon Valley last night which I’m finding very funny. There are 6 seasons as well so will keep us busy.
This is the best.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I’m glad you say that Ella, it’s started strong so I had high hopes.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Obviously I’ve never worked in Silicon Valley, but so much of it is JUST like a couple of FinTech places I’ve worked. I found it hilarious.
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

The Great Pottery Throwdown has just started again. I think it's on Channel 4. It's another of those "feel good" programmes where I just wish no-one ever had to leave.
Bendywendywoo

Post by Bendywendywoo »

I am obsessed with MasterChef, in all its glorious forms at the moment. Thank you Netflix 😁
Heartsick.blog
Glint

Post by Glint »

We whizzed through all of Silicon Valley in about 2 or 3 weeks, it really grows on you.

I enjoy Painter of The Year, I gave up on Grand Designs years ago when they became much of a muchness.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Arrietty wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:39 am The Great Pottery Throwdown has just started again. I think it's on Channel 4. It's another of those "feel good" programmes where I just wish no-one ever had to leave.
Oooh I'd forgotten about this!

Is Silicon valley on Netflix or similar?
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I found it on a streaming service here called Binge, but I think it’s on Prime in the U.K.?
smalex

Post by smalex »

We've watched a lot of Sugar Rush and Zumbo's Just Desserts on Netflix.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Oh, yes, Sugar Rush is one I watch with S. We really enjoy it.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Estrella wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:59 am I found it on a streaming service here called Binge, but I think it’s on Prime in the U.K.?
Unfortunately you have to pay extra for it. Such a shame, it deserves a wider audience.
Tabitha

Post by Tabitha »

Arrietty wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:39 am The Great Pottery Throwdown has just started again.
That's good to know, I love this! Except when Keith wears dungarees with no shirt on.

I'm revisiting some old episodes of Catfish, and only watching the ones where it turns out to be someone hilariously inappropriate.
Roma

Post by Roma »

I recommend Schitt’s Creek for feel good telly.

Also old Fresh Prince of Bel Air still cheer me up.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Is that Sugar Rush the old C4 drama set in Brighton (I think, it could be somewhere very similar in the SE) that had Lenora Critchlow in it? I used to enjoy that.