Covid-19

sally maclennane

Re: Covid-19

Post by sally maclennane »

Ah right, I like the Travelling Tabby website, and the BBC do a daily update on where cases are, which I find easy to follow :dim:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Yeah, it seems to be a bit ahead of the official stats, from what I can see.
sally maclennane

Is NL higher than Glasgow?
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

It's way higher now, but was way lower last week. It's quite odd.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Smunder Woman wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:00 pm Yeah, it seems to be a bit ahead of the official stats, from what I can see.
Usually by a couple of weeks I think.

Ours is looking like this but still way above average on the .gov site for my ward.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

bramblerose wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:07 pm
Smunder Woman wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:00 pm Yeah, it seems to be a bit ahead of the official stats, from what I can see.
Usually by a couple of weeks I think.

Ours is looking like this but still way above average on the .gov site for my ward.
How’s your son and DIL?
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Aww, thank you for asking. think they are on day 6 so things may change but so far they appear to have only had mild symptoms which I am truly thankful for. I'll get an update later but for now, they seem OK.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
sally maclennane

Smunder Woman wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:06 pm It's way higher now, but was way lower last week. It's quite odd.
That is weird, I guess Glasgow will have a higher population so fluctuations might not be as noticeable there but I don't even know if it is that much higher.

Bramble, that is good to hear, :fc: it stays mild.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Purely anecdote, but I heard yesterday of two families in the neighbouring village who've been hit by Covid. We're very rural, no one except school children can use public transport, but as we were allowed to gather for Christmas people have been infected. A "colleague" of mine (another woman with an online business who uses the same PO) had Christmas with 7 people, they all caught covid, and 1 had to be hospitalised.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

....and Mr G has symptoms so we're going for a test in a couple of hours. :ruby: I've been feeling rotten for a while but no COVID symptoms.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Oh no! I hope it’s negative, Goat. And that you both feel better very soon.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I thought I had it in March/April and my doctor is as convinced as you can be without a possible test on long covid symptoms so it would be...unexpected. And confusing. But I guess the unexpected is the thing these days.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Fingers crossed it’s just another, different bug for you both. S has one last week. He said the stress of worrying that it might be covid made him feel so much worse and he’s felt loads better once he got his negative result.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I think it is: it's him that's concerned (and honestly what he was describing to me just now sounds like indigestion), I think I have a cold, possible LC, perimenopause, the same generic stress everyone has, and I've struggled to sleep for weeks because someone has restless legs. :lg: I really don't think I have it, but I feel I ought to do the bloody test.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Fingers crossed Goat.

My antibody test was negative, no big surprise.
sally maclennane

100,000 deaths, its absolutely awful. I'm not watching the press conference as I can't bear him, but apparently Johnson is claiming they did all they could. They are criminals, there is no other word for it. His sheer negligence and inability to make difficult decisions has cost these lives.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

I absolutely hate him.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

They absolutely are criminals.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

It's unbearable isn't it. I can't watch him. Weasling out of any blame. Vile, disgusting man.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Criminals is absolutely fucking right, murderers and thieves all, and they will get not repercussions for it whatsoever.

In the closest this has got to my family my mum’s closest cousin, who is diabetic, has just been put on a ventilator in a hospital somewhere in Essex. We grew up with her, my sisters and I were bridesmaids at her wedding. She’s the sister my mum never had. It is utterly heartbreaking.