Restaurant Meal Kits I Have Known And Loved

Mountain Goat

Re: Restaurant Meal Kits I Have Known And Loved

Post by Mountain Goat »

I think I'm going to go with Santo Remedio for the following weekend - has anyone had their meal kits? (I have eaten at the restaurant).

https://www.santoremedio.co.uk/at-home
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

No but that looks good :ready:

For the spreadsheet, I got my mum the Pizarro box from restokit (you can get a set meal box or order a selection of dishes, or both) and she and my brother LOVED it. There was enough food for two meals for two as they had the tapas one night and the paella another, and it came with the paella pan, so quite good value relatively speaking.
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

Oooh Epp! That sounds great. Thanks for the recommendation.

Eta - I'll keep an eye out for it as its sold out right now.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Thanks everyone, my mum just phoned & said she’s been craving a really good burger so I sent my dad the P&B link & discount code.

I ordered the Dishoom bacon naan for C’s birthday and also a cocktail. Wasn’t expecting the separate delivery charges, but it is a special occasion.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I had my P&B last night, it was lovely. Except SOMEONE had turned the toaster up really high and I burnt the buns. :lg:

I will also be checking Pizarro - I looked at it before, it hadn't occurred to have it for two meals,.
Tabitha

Post by Tabitha »

We had P&B last night too. :dotty: We saved the bacon for breakfast though.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Ha, I quietly saved half the bacon for my breakfast. :))
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

We had P&B for dinner tonight (Mr L's birthday) and it went down a treat with everyone, thanks for the recommendation purple_dress, I'd never have heard of it otherwise!
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

Ah good. I'm glad people have enjoyed it and happy birthday to Mr L!
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I have ordered Gunpowder's Tandoori chicken kit for next Friday :ready: https://greatfood2u.co.uk/product/the-t ... n-diy-kit/

Santo Remedio duck carnitas is in the fridge for tomorrow and looks fabulous. I do like these things.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Duck carnitas sound amazing.

I've ordered the Patty and Bun burgers for next week.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Tabitha

Post by Tabitha »

Mountain Goat wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:03 pm I have ordered Gunpowder's Tandoori chicken kit for next Friday :ready: https://greatfood2u.co.uk/product/the-t ... n-diy-kit/
How was this? It looks great.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

It's next Friday so I don't know yet but will report back. The duck carnitas were amazing.
Tabitha

Post by Tabitha »

Oh yes, what a berk.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I have had my Patty and Bun burgers. They were very nice. P decided we needed both at once, but I think we could have got away with just having one at a time. I prefer the pink onion one.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I preferred the pink onions too. The caramelized went in a cheese toastie. :love2:

I can't link on my phone but I just noticed Jay Rayner reviewed both Berenjak and Pizarro in the Guardian last week, both just as favourably as on here. The Berenjak stands out in my memory as being one of my personal best ones.

Oh we had Mother Clucker fried chicken sandwiches* last night ( from greatfood2u), purchased by accident. Unfortunately we have both lost our sense of taste but I am pretty sure they were good. :lol:

* warning: involves deep frying.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Tabitha wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:26 pm
Mountain Goat wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:03 pm I have ordered Gunpowder's Tandoori chicken kit for next Friday :ready: https://greatfood2u.co.uk/product/the-t ... n-diy-kit/
How was this? It looks great.
We could both taste this and it was glorious. I have just taken the serving plate into the kitchen and surreptitiously licked it clean. :look:
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

I'm looking at getting one of these for my birthday in a couple of weeks' time. My only experience until now was Cote at Home last summer, which was a pleasant surprise in terms of quality and quantity but maybe not quite as gourmet as some of these, and less prep.

I'm deliberating between Bar Douro, Lima, Petersham La Goccia or Sabor from Restokit, The Elite Bistros menu (from the Guardian list that Ella posted) or maybe Tommy Banks depending on the menu/cost which isn't released yet for 5-6 March. Anyone tried any of these yet? A lot of the Restokit ones ruled themselves out with fish but I don't want just veggie.

As well as Goat's sad Tommy Banks experience, I have an idea that someone else here had delivery issues with Restokit for Valentine's. Couriers are obviously the weak point in this.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Rebel Pebble wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:40 pm I'm looking at getting one of these for my birthday in a couple of weeks' time. My only experience until now was Cote at Home last summer, which was a pleasant surprise in terms of quality and quantity but maybe not quite as gourmet as some of these, and less prep.

I'm deliberating between Bar Douro, Lima, Petersham La Goccia or Sabor from Restokit, The Elite Bistros menu (from the Guardian list that Ella posted) or maybe Tommy Banks depending on the menu/cost which isn't released yet for 5-6 March. Anyone tried any of these yet? A lot of the Restokit ones ruled themselves out with fish but I don't want just veggie.

As well as Goat's sad Tommy Banks experience, I have an idea that someone else here had delivery issues with Restokit for Valentine's. Couriers are obviously the weak point in this.
Have you looked at London House? My friend said good things about theirs.