Show your (craft)work

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
SunnyMum

Re: Show your (craft)work

Post by SunnyMum »

I LOVE that Cerise! Luvitluvit !!
May I right click it and show my crochet club friends?
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Sure. Here’s a daytime shot.
Last edited by Cerise on Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I love that Cerise.

I decided I would make a sort of infinity scarf with an odd ball of yarn I had. So crochet a scarf and then stitch it into a loop. I'm not using a pattern. Look at the state of my scarf. :lol:
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I am having a catch up on everyone’s creations!

I love that yarn, Shoe. That will look great when it’s made up.

I hope that the postbox caddy survives the British weather and the local population unscathed, Cerise!

I am never quite sure when Wendy finds time to sleep :))

I’ve started a knitting project to stash bust small amounts of yarn left over from various blanket project and some old stuff a friend gave me. So far I have learned 4 new techniques as a result:

Long tail cast on (I’m sure I’ve done this before but I’d forgotten how and had to re-Google it)
Invisible cast on 1x1 rib - I did cock up one of the bottom corners when I unpicked my starter thread but I’m hoping to hide that in a seam
Knitting with multiple threads, switching colours
Magic knot joins (though I’ve already seen one which has come undone and which I might have to try and glue or something.

I’ll put up a picture when I’ve got room to put it on the dining table (I am just finishing off batch cooking for the week) as I am unsure what to do with it and would welcome suggestions. It was started from a jumper pattern but I don’t know if I can face the time commitment for that and I’m sure I’d never wear it. I might make it into a snood or a hat, it’s about the right width for either when joined.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Cocked up corner on the left.

The colours are shit at the moment - if I continued the jumper it might come good but I’m not convinced...
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Shoe wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:11 pm I love that Cerise.

I decided I would make a sort of infinity scarf with an odd ball of yarn I had. So crochet a scarf and then stitch it into a loop. I'm not using a pattern. Look at the state of my scarf. :lol:
The colours of your scarf are lovely and scarves can be very forgiving but are you losing stitches?
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Losing, gaining, gaining some more, losing more. I don't know what I've been up to. :))
SunnyMum

Post by SunnyMum »

That happens to me all the time, Shoe. Which is why I tend to stick to squares. :green:
absley

Post by absley »

I did an online workshop and made these paper bluebells and snowdrops. It was very messy (glue everywhere!)but also fun.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

I saw that on your Instagram Abs, it's beautiful!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

That's so lovely!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

So clever!
absley

Post by absley »

Thank you - I'm looking forward to being able to buy some materials and try again in a less rushed way and hopefully make them look a bit more delicate. The artist who led the workshop is Su Blackwell, if anyone fancies having a look at her broader work - it's so lovely.
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

Those are lovely!

I've made more tiny things.
IMG_20210221_175714.jpg
IMG_20210222_084747.jpg
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I am impressed by the patience (and talent) of both of you.
rosy

Post by rosy »

The paper flowers are beautiful, and you must be so neat-handed Baa! Very impressive.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

The flowers and the greenhouse are so intricate! Well done!

So the postbox hat has gone down well. It’s been posted twice on the local FB page (which led someone to identifying me), someone asked for the dimensions to make their own, someone else has asked if I’ll accept a commission to make one for her nearest postbox and the local charity committee messaged me to ask if I’ll be making anymore because they’ll consider them for the local charity calendar for 2022. :mog:
Tabitha

Post by Tabitha »

I'm not surprised Cerise, it's so lovely. I'd be chuffed to bits to spot one of those on my boring daily trudges.

How long do they take to make? Would you be up for doing a calendar's worth?
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

That’s brilliant Cerise!

I blasted through the pieces for my cardigan over a few days, so just the neck/button bands and making up to do. However, the yarn has removed all moisture from my fingers and I have actual cracks in my thumb/forefinger. :lol:
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

That’s brilliant Cerise! I wish we had a proper post box rather than one set into the wall. I would totally want to commission you to make one :))