Lockdown (And Beyond) Hatchlings

Kleio

Re: Lockdown Hatchlings

Post by Kleio »

Beena that made my stomach turn! Are there any local pc repair type places? They may be able to recover it.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Oh god, poor Bambs.

Lora, so fucking familiar. You know where I am if you want a chat/rant/linked to interesting stuff :))

Actually, I have my own question for those who have done it. How did you go about an ADHD diagnosis for a child? I'm pretty certain Joe is a mini version of me, and I'm thinking of broaching it at parents evening, is there something better I should be doing?

I hope today goes well for all the hatchlings back at school.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

I went to the GP who started the referral. We started going through the NHS channels but eventually went for a private diagnosis with a recommended consultant. Don’t leave it until parents evening. The whole thing takes forever so email his teacher and ask for their thoughts. Book a GP appointment too. Is he due to change school this year?
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

No, he changed last year, so I'm now worrying that he's almost a year into high school and time is running away :)) Is it reasonable to email his year head just now, with everything else going on? Part of me feels like they have bigger things to worry about, and part of me thinks that Joe is just as important anyway. He is, of course. The other parents can worry about their own kids!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Squeak starts live lessons with subject teachers today! :perky:

Oh god, Beena. I think it can be restored though, C’s work uses Google Drive & they lost a business critical spreadsheet when someone left and it was eventually restored after a very tense day.
viggy

Post by viggy »

Smunder Woman wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:03 am No, he changed last year, so I'm now worrying that he's almost a year into high school and time is running away :)) Is it reasonable to email his year head just now, with everything else going on? Part of me feels like they have bigger things to worry about, and part of me thinks that Joe is just as important anyway. He is, of course. The other parents can worry about their own kids!
I think it's totally reasonable - get that ball rolling :yes:
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Smunder Woman wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:03 am No, he changed last year, so I'm now worrying that he's almost a year into high school and time is running away :)) Is it reasonable to email his year head just now, with everything else going on? Part of me feels like they have bigger things to worry about, and part of me thinks that Joe is just as important anyway. He is, of course. The other parents can worry about their own kids!
I think so. Pastoral care is essential. Our (primary) Head asked parents to run everything additional past her, as the teachers have enough to do with juggling teaching as it is, and I think the message was triggered by my asking them to complete the report. That's reasonable, IMO, but I'd still have asked.

Someone recently told me I should go private but I can't remember who it was. B's ukulele teachers, perhaps (who was a SEN teacher)? I should look into it anyway.

Beena! I feel sick for Bambs, but definitely see if it can be recovered. There is a good chance they'll be able to retrieve some/most of it.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Oh Jesus, Beena. Um, I’m not sure what to suggest!

I’ve been mentally planning for weeks for both my boys to go back to school on the 8th. So I’ve set myself up for a huge fall. But I just can’t see how they can not.
smalex

Post by smalex »

20210222_100707.jpg
My nephew's work has made me laugh this morning. Tip top formatting :lol:
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

How did someone miss that! :lol:

J was back to school today. He was so excited this morning, that he was straight into the shower, as soon as he woke up. I'm hoping the enthusiasm continues!
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Quick question - Henry had a fight with a chest of drawers today and lost so I ended up getting his head glued at minor injuries about 8pm.

There is still blood dripping out one side of the glue. Not a lot but enough that it needs wiping away with a tissue so I’m assuming that the glue hasn’t caught all the cut. Do I need to go back? Please say no.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

Eek. Can you make him lie down and apply pressure in the hope that it will form a scab and stop bleeding? Or put a gauze over it?
smalex

Post by smalex »

Oh god! I haven't a clue tbh. If it's just a bit oozing I'd probably guess not but if it's more of a steady flow then yes?
Hopefully it's sorted by now but you poor things.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

How is he now? I have no idea what would be right to do in that situation :))

As an update, I emailed Joe's year head yesterday and briefly outlined what I thought and why. She's passed it to the support for learning teacher, so fingers crossed. I'm feeling very guilty now for passing my shit brain onto both of them, but we are all awesome people too, obviously, so swings and roundabouts :))
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Smunder Woman wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:41 am How is he now? I have no idea what would be right to do in that situation :))

As an update, I emailed Joe's year head yesterday and briefly outlined what I thought and why. She's passed it to the support for learning teacher, so fingers crossed. I'm feeling very guilty now for passing my shit brain onto both of them, but we are all awesome people too, obviously, so swings and roundabouts :))
You are totally awesome! Also, they are very lucky to have you fighting their corner, I have seen lots of kids who don't have anyone who can/will push for support for them.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

It does seem like unless people are able and willing to push, support often isn't forthcoming.

Beebie's school shoes, that he wore for a total of about 7 weeks, no longer fit him :mad: We'd have squeaked into the Clarks guarantee, if his dad had kept the receipt.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

We’ve just had a letter from L’s school saying they plan to stagger the restart over the first week back (as per govt guidance) so the whole school should be back in by Mar 15.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:48 am We’ve just had a letter from L’s school saying they plan to stagger the restart over the first week back (as per govt guidance) so the whole school should be back in by Mar 15.
I am expecting (and hoping for) the same.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Smunder Woman wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:41 am I'm feeling very guilty now for passing my shit brain onto both of them,
You would (rightly) swing for anyone else who spoke like this. Different doesn't mean worse etc :drill: I will give you the awesome bit, obvs.
Heebie Jeebie wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:17 am Beebie's school shoes, that he wore for a total of about 7 weeks, no longer fit him :mad: We'd have squeaked into the Clarks guarantee, if his dad had kept the receipt.
J's feet have gone up four sizes during lockdown! He was a size 4 so I loaned him my (size 6) Converse and even they didn't fit. Turns out he's now an 8!

Surely if Beebie's dad lost the receipt he should pay for the replacement shoes?
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

I wouldn't have kept a receipt either to be fair! I don't mind, it's just another example of how weird things are not to have worn a shoe for a couple of months but also not be able to go to a shop to get feet measured the way we would usually do after the long summer holiday. Imagine J's feet being bigger than yours!